Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The CoS strikes me as the adults supervising a toddler babysitting session. Going home, having a gin and tonic, saying, "you won't believe this one...".

You have to spearate what is factually correct and appropriate under the law, and what emotionally we would like to happen. I have consistently said that this situation needs the outisde intervention of neutrals, who don't govern their life by what particular brand of religious fascism they support.

If you don't trust the CoS, where do you want us to go?

Fifa? Uefa? Ur havin a laugh.

That is the worry. The law is an ass but there isn`t an alternative.

There views

With Rangers winning the court case and the CVA being announced who is taking the more positive news worse. Tarriers seem to be resigned to Rangers being in the SPL while the Diddies still seem to be in denial and hoping our great club is killed off once and for all.

Forget sporting integrity and Corinthian spirit of fair play there are people out there that want us killed off regardless of guilt or any crimes that we might have committed since Whyte took over. We even have some who continually bring up the dual contracts and claim this is what we are being punished for!

There is a whole load of misinformation being pumped out by the enemies of our club and don't be fooled that they are all of the Green And White persuasion!

I hope not one of us forget the pleasure certain people have taken from our problems. I hope not one of us forgives the wrongs that our club have suffered at the hands of the SPL/SFA.

If we remain strong and together we will come out the other end stronger than we have ever been. We have never had a united support but i see a togetherness now that fills me with hope for the future. Over the next few days/weeks we will have to watch certain players leave on the cheap. I wish them well in their careers but at least now we have the chance to replace them.

Remember...We Are The People...The Chosen Few!!

Boycott List:

St. Mirren - Check.

St. Johnstone - Check.

Inverness - Check.

8 more to go fellas, who will be next to officially cement their place on a list they really shouldn't want to be on

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

Doncaster says that if Rangers are successful with their CVA then thay have served their 10 point penalty & will be allowed back in SPL.

And he's right. If Rangers agree a CVA (right after pigs start flying) there can and should be no further punishment for this.

However, the punishment should then come for: take your pick.

Dual contracts

Going to COS

Bringing game into further disrepute by not paying tax March - June (see the CVA)

Allegedly paying ex managers to take their players

1. The SFA can simply ignore Lord Glennie's ruling. If they do however, then Rangers could go back to the COS and say the SFA are in contempt. Given that D & P say they only went to to the COS because they did not know they were not allowed to - would they do that? I think they are arrogant enough.

2. The SFA will (I think) play safe and allow the Appeals Panel to impose a new sanction. As others have said this can only be suspension or expulsion. If suspension is for less than 2 months it is meaning less - and more than two months means they are lost to football for the next season in any division. I think they will suspend for 6 months for the original disrepute charges then Expel for going to the COS and keep FIFA happy. That means Doncaster's much vaunted "newco" scenario is gone because there is nothing to transfer. A new club could apply to join the SFL and start in Division 3.

3. The fire sale does not start today. The Transfer Window does not open until July 1st. They **** have to find £3m to fund the month of June - and with no income. Will Green front-fund that in the hope of getting a CVA or (if he does not get a CVA) his "bid" of £5.5M being accepted. I think not.

4. I really think they want the assets i.e Ibrokes and Murray Park. Green said of Sheffield United that if there was more money to be made planting potatoes on the pitch then he would plant potatoes. That Grade 3 Listed frontage will not be a barrier to a planning application if Ibrokes is no longer a stadium. Green is even saying that cash from player transfers post administration will go to Servco - asset stripping to an extent that not even Whyte had dreamed off.

5. The **** are died bastirts.

4. I really think they want the assets i.e Ibrokes and Murray Park. Green said of Sheffield United that if there was more money to be made planting potatoes on the pitch then he would plant potatoes. That Grade 3 Listed frontage will not be a barrier to a planning application if Ibrokes is no longer a stadium. Green is even saying that cash from player transfers post administration will go to Servco - asset stripping to an extent that not even Whyte had dreamed off.

Agree the lisiting doesn't mean it needs to remain a stadium. Highbury was turned into flats keeping the old frontage when the Arse moved to the Emirates. Trouble with Ibrox is the surrounding area is a midden. Who'd buy a flat there?

Doncaster and regan should go these two couldnt organize a piss up in a brewery I just feel only thing Rangers are going to get is a scottish cup ban it a sad day if that was us they would of kick us out months ago once again it west coast biases

If you really try hard to be objective, this is the most likely outcome, as I have said. But the whole situation has become a bit bonkers, and anything might happen now, especially with FIFA geting involved.

Fingers crossed.

That'll be The Queen skint too now. She needs Rangers tax money to pay for all this jubilee caper.

She could always send the bill to Ibrox,afterall they are due her enough.

Its quite ironic but the one person a good percentage of the Gers fans idolise (the queen) is in fact the one person who may be in a round about way ringing the death tolls at their team

I luvs it i do :wink:

If this link has been posted previously I apologise, not looking the whole thread.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18148818

Players I dont remember getting more than six figures.

Doesnt end there though all employees of RFC benefited from this "scheme" from the chairman right down to the cleaners,i wonder what the actual final figures were

But just edging it, in my increasingly confused view, is the theory that the poeple involved in this are just complete, utter, idiots who have completely lost control of events and are making it up as they go along.

i've always felt those at the sfa, spl and many chairmen fell into this category. add in various individuals and companies on the make, is it any wonder this debacle rumbles on

Radio Scotland yesterday tried to summarise the deal and the way forward.

The green deal seems to be buying the Club through a loan. The £8.5m which he is putting includes a loan of £8.2m which is repayable with interest by 2020.

This along with the money in the bank and other money will be used for the creditors, including £3.5m which they have in the bank.

The most incredible thing is that in the event of the CVA failing then Green will buy the assets of the Club for a incredible £5.5m. The book value of the assets being £110m. If I was a creditor who rejected the CVA I would be making sure that this sale did not go through and that the ale of the property was attained.

As a complete layman in regards to the legal complexities of the whole situation it just seems to me there is no due process in place that will enable creditors to get anything like a fair deal. It beggars belief that with the amount of assets that this club has readily to hand they are more worried about the quality of team they will be putting on the field next season than paying off their debts. They are concerned that the team might not be able to attain at least 2nd place in the SPL and maybe not pick up any silverware from cup competitions. For goodness sake they should be handing trophy's back, not looking at getting even more by continuing to field a team that they can't afford.

And STILL not a single word of apology for the disgraceful shambles they have foisted upon Scottish football, not a word.

Bank Holiday rant over.

As a complete layman in regards to the legal complexities of the whole situation it just seems to me there is no due process in place that will enable creditors to get anything like a fair deal. It beggars belief that with the amount of assets that this club has readily to hand they are more worried about the quality of team they will be putting on the field next season than paying off their debts. They are concerned that the team might not be able to attain at least 2nd place in the SPL and maybe not pick up any silverware from cup competitions. For goodness sake they should be handing trophy's back, not looking at getting even more by continuing to field a team that they can't afford.

And STILL not a single word of apology for the disgraceful shambles they have foisted upon Scottish football, not a word.

Bank Holiday rant over.

I was agreeing with this statement but who is there to apologise? The Admins? They don't really care what happens to Scottish Football. They will walk away with their millions and onto the next case. Whyte? He does owe apologies but to HMRC and ( unfortunately ) the knuckle draggers for taking them all up the clyde in a banana boat, but the damage was done before he took over.

The person who should be apologising is David Murray, BUT he will sit in his lovely big house in Perthshire, or in the Channel Islands, or South of France and go.. "not my problem any more... i'm not involved in football"!

Is Green getting ready to walk?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2796603

"Rangers is wholly committed member of the SFA and SPL and fully respects their structures.":roll:

"We and the Administrators did not want to take the matter to a civil court at all."

Oh really!!!

Edited by Blues Brother

Living in England - one thing I don't really get is the lack of mention of any of this in the English press. In my Sunday Times today - not a word. I'm not sure what this says - other than that nobody outside of Scotland gives a monkeys about this. So much for the attraction of Rangers (and Celtic) to an English and worldwide audience. Why do Sky pay for televising Scottish football? - because the hatred and hostility of the OF games makes good viewing? Thing is of course, that outside of Scotland few really understand what lies beneath the very fervent surface of OF games. If they did could there not actually be a call for televising of OF games to be stopped as it perpetrates the vile undercurrent and actually promotes sectarianism in Scotland - sectarian songs sung or not.

I fairly recently asked an English catholic Man Utd supporter if he knew the words to 'Billy Boy' - as we know - a song a version of which Man Utd and many other English club's supporters sing. He was horrified when I told him the words, and said he'd tell his Manc mates and he'd stop singing it. He knew it was a Rangers song but never realised what it was about. If RFC get into the SPL next season maybe the TV authorities should be asked by the Scottish government to stop televising OF games on the grounds of incitement to sectarian violence and the perpetuation of sectarian attitudes. Just a thought. Would Sky like to be seen and known to be associated with the perpetuation of such attitudes- hmmm - maybe I think not?

Living in England - one thing I don't really get is the lack of mention of any of this in the English press. In my Sunday Times today - not a word. I'm not sure what this says - other than that nobody outside of Scotland gives a monkeys about this. So much for the attraction of Rangers (and Celtic) to an English and worldwide audience. Why do Sky pay for televising Scottish football? - because the hatred and hostility of the OF games makes good viewing? Thing is of course, that outside of Scotland few really understand what lies beneath the very fervent surface of OF games. If they did could there not actually be a call for televising of OF games to be stopped as it perpetrates the vile undercurrent and actually promotes sectarianism in Scotland - sectarian songs sung or not.

I fairly recently asked an English catholic Man Utd supporter if he knew the words to 'Billy Boy' - as we know - a song a version of which Man Utd and many other English club's supporters sing. He was horrified when I told him the words, and said he'd tell his Manc mates and he'd stop singing it. He knew it was a Rangers song but never realised what it was about. If RFC get into the SPL next season maybe the TV authorities should be asked by the Scottish government to stop televising OF games on the grounds of incitement to sectarian violence and the perpetuation of sectarian attitudes. Just a thought. Would Sky like to be seen and known to be associated with the perpetuation of such attitudes- hmmm - maybe I think not?

We have designs above our station in Scotland and think we are some sort of "player" in world football because of the unique position that the home countries hold. We really are a parochial backwater.

As for SKY... sorry I am too cynical to believe that they would give up the viewing figures that they get from this. I don't think the Scottish Govt has the power to stop it being shown even if they had the spine to try.

Edited by The Neutral

We have designs above our station in Scotland and think we are some sort of "player" in world football because of the unique position that the home countries hold. We really are a parochial backwater.

As for SKY... sorry I am too cynical to believe that they would give up the viewing figures that they get from this. I don't think the Scottish Govt has the power to stop it being shown even if they had the spine to try.

A lot of the designs are media made. We look at champions league draws knowing the two clubs in it will be mullered. The media go on and on like they will get results or should get result.

A lot of the designs are media made. We look at champions league draws knowing the two clubs in it will be mullered. The media go on and on like they will get results or should get result.

I also find it funny that a couple of days before these games that this star player is out injured or in some dispute with the club and doesn't play but they have squads of these guys where our teams have one or two with the rest being average at the level.

Fans of clubs like ours see through most of it with some believing it all. And they think we are a power in the game.