Celtics Treble doubt

Kilgour

Are you trying to say you would not be the same if your team was in that position? You always see things differently if your team is inv***ved. As a neutral I don't think it was a dive.

Not that hard to understand is it.

As far as Killie deserving it. Don't think they did but they rode their luck and good on them.

To be perfectly honest, it doesn't matter whether they desreved it or not. To come out and say that as a manager shows a lack of class and a lack of respect. And with regards the penalty, tell me which angle shows contact. Two from behind the goal seem to show there is no contact but I haven't seen one that shows any contact. As I've said even Hartson had to speculate on their being contact, and contact alone doesn't mean it is a penalty. Stokes was not impeded, he lost control of the ball and was heading to a poor angle and went down.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that was given against Saints you'd be raging. There was no or absolutely minimum contact and it sure as hell wasn't a clear-cut pen. He paid Kilmarnock no respect and no credit. I'm not even going to bother defending Houston as you've got your own agenda there, but yet again Lennon had the opportunity to show some the intelligence and humility he has away from the pitch but failed to do so.

I have to agree with you ODAB. Lennon is an ungraciousy chunt. To be great winners, you first need to know how to be good losers. The man lacks class..

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Mainstand. Were you there today! You seem about as bitter as 40000 other people. :laugh:

FWIW, there is no way the ref could make a call on that being a pen. The ball changed direction and from the back it appeared to be a good tackle. The only mistake I think was the yellow but he probably deserved it in the aftermath of the tackle for his attitude towards the ref.

C`mon MS we all know you have a green tinge to you same as there are a few with an orange one`not tangerine`on this site.

For what its worth I have to agree with ODAB on this one. Lennon is ungracious.

Well done to all those Celtic fans who stayed behind to watch the presentations though.NOT.

Mainstand. Were you there today! You seem about as bitter as 40000 other people. :laugh:

FWIW, there is no way the ref could make a call on that being a pen. The ball changed direction and from the back it appeared to be a good tackle. The only mistake I think was the yellow but he probably deserved it in the aftermath of the tackle for his attitude towards the ref.

With regards to the "Yellow card"

Collum had to do a couple of things -:

Had it been a Penalty -then he had to Book the Kilmarnock player at least AND if he deemed the Kilmarnock player was the "last man" - a red card.

However he obviously saw it wasnt a penalty AND because Stokes "went to the ground" he had to make the call that Stokes had "dived" and was trying to Con the Ref into giving a Penalty.

From the initial view at speed I would have said PENALTY ---BUT I dont know what position Collum was in when Stokes went down -IF his sight was "unclear" then NO PENALTY could be awarded.......HE had to make that decision in a split second.

TV played it from ALL angles -a couple showed NO CONTACT - Another was inconclusive and another it LOOKED as if contact was made.

SO Lennon would have seen a replay of the incident and made HIS judgement....He would do this as a manager and his supporters and club would expect it.

SADLY the SFA will not allow referees to be involved in "explaining" their decisions and thats what is probably causing all this Hullabaloo.

Refs are paid a huge fee for the game and SHOULD ( in my view) be allowed to explain at a "controlled" press conference.

If he came out and says "that is the way I saw it -my view was obstructed and I couldnt award the Penalty"...Then PERHAPS it would stop all this crap about who is right and who is wrong.

From the original angle i didn't think it was a pen. From behind the goal it looked like it was but from where the ref was I don't think he could have given it.

In all the scenarios listed there you missed out it actually being a fair tackle and no booking. There was undoubtably contact IMO but from WC's angle it did look like the defender got the ball.

If he thought that, then why did Stokes get booked?

From the original angle i didn't think it was a pen. From behind the goal it looked like it was but from where the ref was I don't think he could have given it.

In all the scenarios listed there you missed out it actually being a fair tackle and no booking. There was undoubtably contact IMO but from WC's angle it did look like the defender got the ball.

If he thought that, then why did Stokes get booked?

Because in Collums view he assumed Stokes had dived...... The fair tackle scenario is self explanatory-

Either stokes dived to con the ref or the defender tripped him up and it was a penalty.......Therefor his options were either to book one or the other.

Imo stoke went down easy but it was a penalty, but i am just happy for celtoc/rangers not to get a dodgy decision in the last 5 minutes of a big game, have nothing wrong with kenny shiels maself, he seems to have the right attitude towards things a lot of the time, was really impressed after they narrowly got beat by celtic on christmas eve when he was asked " i suppose it was good that you didnt get hammered today" he replied actually im heart broken that we didnt go on to win the game and had a mini-rant about the scottish media and their philosophy in 2 minutes, 'twas great listening to that on the way back from east end.

With regards to the "Yellow card"

Collum had to do a couple of things -:

Had it been a Penalty -then he had to Book the Kilmarnock player at least AND if he deemed the Kilmarnock player was the "last man" - a red card.

However he obviously saw it wasnt a penalty AND because Stokes "went to the ground" he had to make the call that Stokes had "dived" and was trying to Con the Ref into giving a Penalty.

From the initial view at speed I would have said PENALTY ---BUT I dont know what position Collum was in when Stokes went down -IF his sight was "unclear" then NO PENALTY could be awarded.......HE had to make that decision in a split second.

TV played it from ALL angles -a couple showed NO CONTACT - Another was inconclusive and another it LOOKED as if contact was made.

SO Lennon would have seen a replay of the incident and made HIS judgement....He would do this as a manager and his supporters and club would expect it.

SADLY the SFA will not allow referees to be involved in "explaining" their decisions and thats what is probably causing all this Hullabaloo.

Refs are paid a huge fee for the game and SHOULD ( in my view) be allowed to explain at a "controlled" press conference.

If he came out and says "that is the way I saw it -my view was obstructed and I couldnt award the Penalty"...Then PERHAPS it would stop all this crap about who is right and who is

wrong.

Totally agree.

It was a penalty! We've all had the advantage of multiple camera angles and replays though. The ref doesn't have that and from his angle it didn't look like one.

The reason I pointed out your leanings towards Celtic was because you came out with a bitter comment regarding Kilmarnock not deserving the win.

IMO they played a blinder against a team with 20x plus their budget. Celtic didn't deserve to win, they didn't manage to beat Cammy Bell.

There is not a team in Scotland that does not have a sob story/grievance about late penalties being awarded to the OF so it was a change for Lennon to see how the "wee" teams feel. Penalty ? Ive seen them given.Did Stokes dive ? Possibly,but the way he went down was OTT as was his protestations which probably earned him his card. As for Lennon,I know he has had a difficult week but his attitude and demeanour are all wrong.As your neighbours across town are finding out you cant always get what you want.

Have only just listened to Lennons interview and have to agree that it is his usual low level ungracious and factually incorrect ramblings - defo a penalty, surprise surprise hasn't watched the Killie goal to see how bad his defenders were, we totally dominated, don't remember Killie posing any threat etc etc, take a look at the match stats ya muppet.

I thought Kilie were excellent, tried at all times to play football, and had a few threats themselves.

For lennon to say they got lucky says it all.

Given the respective resources of both clubs, Killie more than deserved it, and it makes a refreshing change to see someone outwith the OF winning a trophy.

Lennon makes it sound like they have a divine right to turn up and win.

The ref had the balls to ignore the pen appeal. Seen them given but it was of the soft variety.

Anyway, who says they would have scored it anyway? Cammy Bell was magnificent and it would have been typical of his form to save it.

Bottom line, Celtic had 94mins to score, and they didnt. Killie did, end of

Also this talk of Collum costing them a treble, assumes that they would win their semi against the sheep, then the final, probably against Hearts, so that statement in itself is disrespectful to the 3 other semi fnialists.

Lennon is verging on bringing the game into disrepute and should be invited up to the SFA headquarters for a chat..... Oh wait a min. His boss would be interviewing him.

No case to answer, sweep sweep run along now

Well done Killie, gutted for Liam Kelly though, one minute you've won the cup and the next you've just lost your dad. RIP

Did his dad die? Obviously heard about the heart attack, but can't remember actually reading that he had passed away.

That is terrible and will, of course, put a real downer on the achievement for Liam. I wonder if in years to come though he will look back and think that the last thing his dad experienced was his son winning a cup final....little comfort for now of course

Nice win for Killie. Well done guys on your first silver for a while. Thanks also to Lennon for reminding us in his interview what a bitter, ignorant, unsporting and angry wee man he is.

he is tit.but we all knew that.