McInnes

Superjack

Sorry guys, but it's not working out...

I don't know if Del's remit was to keep us up... it wasn't in my book, but the one thing I did expect of him was to galvanise the squad and instil some pride and passion.

He seems totally unable to motivate and not only are we going down without a fight, I see nothing to suggest that he will be able to get us up for a promotion challenge in League One.

He may not have had the chance to build his own team yet, but it is surely no good building any team if you cannot motivate them.

Sorry to say it, but you can have him back if you like.

:cry:

Christ, you guys are fickle. He's only been in the job a few months, and has only had one transfer window to do any business. Sounds to me like pre-McInnes your squad was hopeless and stuck in the drop zone, and now they are still hopeless but out of it.

English fitba' fans are all the same. Zero perspective and zero realism. Give the man at least a year before making any judgements. Relegated or not, he'll get you sorted out defensively and then build from there. Might take the summer transfer window to do it though.

You are welcome to him, IMO we are playing far better since he left. Was worried at the time when he left but much happier with Lomas.

Agree -would never swap McInnes for Lomas. I like the fire that's in Lomas - it was missing from Saints under McInnes.

Still feel that McInnes has enormous strengths elsewhere though.

Last time I looked, Bristol City were out of the bottom three. A far less precarious position to where they were prior to DMc's arrival. He is doing what he was most likely tasked with - avoid relegation at all costs. As someone else mentioned, he has not had a long enough transfer window to work his own requirements for his squad. Plenty of good work to come from DMc and good luck to him in his endevours.

I'm really surprised with your post Superjack.....would any manager be able to take over a team sitting in the bottom 3 of a very difficult league who were all over the place and within a very short period turn them into some amazing outfit full of confidence??

Del's target will be to avoid relegation, and he may have to do that in an unnattractive way. Surely if he manages to save you from what looked like an inevitable drop, then he has to get some credit. Following the summer, you can then judge him on how next season goes....regardless of what league you are in.

I'm really surprised with your post Superjack.....would any manager be able to take over a team sitting in the bottom 3 of a very difficult league who were all over the place and within a very short period turn them into some amazing outfit full of confidence??

Del's target will be to avoid relegation, and he may have to do that in an unnattractive way. Surely if he manages to save you from what looked like an inevitable drop, then he has to get some credit. Following the summer, you can then judge him on how next season goes....regardless of what league you are in.

A I said Edstar, I didn't and still don't expect him (or anyone else for that matter) to keep us up. It's the manner of our defeats and total lack of fight and motivation that is the big disappoinment.

Anyway, up the Saints!!..

Christ, you guys are fickle. He's only been in the job a few months, and has only had one transfer window to do any business. Sounds to me like pre-McInnes your squad was hopeless and stuck in the drop zone, and now they are still hopeless but out of it.

English fitba' fans are all the same. Zero perspective and zero realism. Give the man at least a year before making any judgements. Relegated or not, he'll get you sorted out defensively and then build from there. Might take the summer transfer window to do it though.

Well Superjack - I'm afraid it doesn't seem like the (some) BCFC fans did much to try and keep your top striker. Hardly condusive to encouraging bright attacking footie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16877068

as a palace fan, and used to relegation battles I would say that you cant possibly judge McInnes on half a season. his job was to keep you up - he will do that comfortably (thanks to pompey)

start a new season fresh and positive then it will be a different case, it is very difficult to start playing amazing football when your looking over your shoulder, Palace showed this last season, battled to stay up (again) and start the new season with a blank sheet and we show what we can do. you have to stick with him and give him a chance at a fresh season with everyone on 0pts and a fresh start - it is amazing how much a difference it will make to the whole mental attitude of a club and belief!

Well Superjack - I'm afraid it doesn't seem like the (some) BCFC fans did much to try and keep your top striker. Hardly condusive to encouraging bright attacking footie.

For the record, out of the 700 or so fans at the game where the bottle was alledgedly thrown not one person saw it and the club recieved no complaints. To me it seemed like an attempt to stir up trouble although I'm not sure why.

With regards to McInnes, I can't see why he was to blame last night, we were let down by a goalkeeping howler and a scrappy goal 5 minutes later which completely sapped us of confidence. With the exception of Foster his signings have improved us allbeit slight in some cases so should be given the chance to rebuild the squad.

I'm sure I read he's only picked up 8 points from a possible 42 recently? Not a great run, but I think he'll keep Bristol City up. I think he'll put his 'stamp' on the team in the summer, starting with the defence. He'll also want 7 strikers, as that just seems to be his way.

Like most on here, slightly surprised by the comments on McInnes.

City weren't a great side when he joined, sold their 'star' player with five mins of the window left and that didn't exactly give McInnes a chance to bring in a quality replacement...hence why they've got Stead.

They'll be lucky to survive, but he has to be given into the new season...otherwise the club will be seen as a joke.

It's the manner of our defeats and total lack of fight and motivation that is the big disappoinment.

In our first season back up in the SPL, if we went a goal down it didn't matter. If we went two goals down, we still didn't care. We knew we could come back into it and we often did come back into games. But we had a decent squad by then after he had been in the job for a year or two. He needs to clear out some players and get his own in. Takes time.

I wouldnt take McInnes back but I do think he was conned by BCFC. He seems to have been promised cash etc but looking at the transfer window that doesnt seem to have materialised.

After all the pre-appointment talk I thought he'd have money to spend. Like you say, it didn't seem to happen.

When all's said and done.......who cares about McInnes and BCFC? :laugh:

City fans on here were at pains to tell us Del would have money to burn when he went.Not seen it yet.The championship is a hard league as City found out floundering at the bottom before Dels arrival. Give him time and some cash and then judge him.

They have to give him time, pretty sure they have something like 14 players out of contract at the end of the season, he will have to make his choice then with regards to who he wants.

One of the best paid clubs in the league so I think Del will be able to get a few new signings in.

As for the fans they obviously forget where they were down and out when Del went there.

OK.

I'll say it again. There are not many City fans that are demanding "bright attacking footie".

Pretty much every City fan I know would be delighted to stay up by 'winning ugly'.

In order to do that, you need your squad to have some 'fight' about them.

That 'fight' is (or is not) installed by the manager.

Oh, and our 'top striker' (as you referred to him) was "allegedly" a 'big time Charlie' with an appalling attitude that caused friction within the camp who's performances were "allegedly" half-arsed.

Del Boy stuck with him though, despite the presence on the bench of a prolific scorer that was champing at the bit...

Please don't get me wrong... nobody will be happier than me if DmC lives up to his billing...