#42 - 06/05/12 - Hearts 2-0 Saints - SPL

bigstu

its not embarrasing its so frustrating the players know they can up there game but they just look like there not interested dont know what it is, but if you said at the start of the season your going into the last game of the season at home for a place in europe regardless of how we have played in the last few weeks you would have took it all day long

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most annoying thing about today was that was arguably our strongest team out there (Croft, Fran and Wright the only better players missing) and the players knew what we needed and what was at stake but there was a lack of passion and effort on show - too few players willing to chase loose balls or put in that wee bit extra effort to pressure the opposition - the sort of effort that has been the difference between sitting in the top half of the table and fighting a relegation battle.

Lomas has to take some of the blame but the players are more than experienced enough to know what to do - but instead we had the likes of Liam's stupid tackle earning him a booking and nullifying him for the rest of the game, Ando letting Grainger dive in the box to win a Jambos freekick at all our corners and Sheridan and Haber chasing a lost cause all day.

I'd go for broke against TFOD and start playing the players who will be here next year - forget about the loan players who don't want to know lets see the likes of May, Mooner etc start.

Most annoying thing about today was that was arguably our strongest team out there (Croft, Fran and Wright the only better players missing) and the players knew what we needed and what was at stake but there was a lack of passion and effort on show - too few players willing to chase loose balls or put in that wee bit extra effort to pressure the opposition - the sort of effort that has been the difference between sitting in the top half of the table and fighting a relegation battle.

Lomas has to take some of the blame but the players are more than experienced enough to know what to do - but instead we had the likes of Liam's stupid tackle earning him a booking and nullifying him for the rest of the game, Ando letting Grainger dive in the box to win a Jambos freekick at all our corners and Sheridan and Haber chasing a lost cause all day.

I'd go for broke against TFOD and start playing the players who will be here next year - forget about the loan players who don't want to know lets see the likes of May, Mooner etc start.

I would like to think he would change things, but I won't hold my breath. SL seems to have his favourites, and nobody else has a look in, IMHO.

I would like to think he would change things, but I won't hold my breath. SL seems to have his favourites, and nobody else has a look in, IMHO.

you got that bang on candalan, i have noticed this since lomas came in, he does seem to have his favourites.

We are coming up to the last game of the season, since the split we have lost all, lost shedload of goals and score 1 penalty, and some people think this is acceptable, I for one do not. I am frustrated, yes , and disappointed, yes, but the total lack of effort and passion over last few months is shocking and as a lifelong fan, I do not accept this! I have accepted defeat after defeat for more years that I can count, but to lose fighting is ok, but to timidly give in is poor. Unless SL sees things differently over the close season, then I really fear for next season.

we are embarrassing!! believe it or not.

What a pathetic statement for a so called supporter.

We made the top 6 we are involved ina fight for a European place and still have a chance of getting it off our own back, If you had offered the vast majority of fans that at the start of the season they would have bitten your hand off for it.

As someone said earlier some of the supporters who sit there most of the match abusing the players and telling Haber and Cillian tehy are shit like the guy sitting behind me today, need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Yes we have had a poor run but over the season the players have been a credit to the Club.

You thought that level of performance and effort was acceptable then, did you? Can I have some of the happy pills you take then? :roll:

It was an off-day. Biggest problem was the lack of spark, its been fairly obvious how important sandaza and croft have been. But the current squad have taken us to the top six, despite us having an average home attendance of around a quarter of todays crowd, I thought that might cut them a bit of slack no?

We've been way off the mark since the home ICT game.

Someone compared Lomas to Sandy Clark, well at least Sandy got us in to Europe before making a c**t of everything :eek:

It just feels like all the hard work we have put this season is being thrown away and the players have played like the season ended with that ICT game.

We made the top 6 we are involved ina fight for a European place and still have a chance of getting it off our own back, If you had offered the vast majority of fans that at the start of the season they would have bitten your hand off for it.

As someone said earlier some of the supporters who sit there most of the match abusing the players and telling Haber and Cillian tehy are shit like the guy sitting behind me today, need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Yes we have had a poor run but over the season the players have been a credit to the Club.

This.

In any sport, sometimes it doesn't work and you don't know why. The test is to find out why and fix it. Sometimes it happens quickly, sometimes you make several mistakes trying to find out.

We are way above our standard. Other teams in the top 6 have kicked on, as they relish the battle. We have floundered. We'll do better next season I am quite sure.

Dundee united today compared to when we drew 0-0 with them were a different team completely.

Perspective required.

We are coming up to the last game of the season, since the split we have lost all, lost shedload of goals and score 1 penalty, and some people think this is acceptable, I for one do not. I am frustrated, yes , and disappointed, yes, but the total lack of effort and passion over last few months is shocking and as a lifelong fan, I do not accept this! I have accepted defeat after defeat for more years that I can count, but to lose fighting is ok, but to timidly give in is poor. Unless SL sees things differently over the close season, then I really fear for next season.

What I found most disappointing was the complete lack of passion and dare I say it, anger, from the bench as the second half wore on. It ended with Lomas with his hands still in his pockets, and a slopey shouldered Tommy Wright sitting looking as if he didn't want to be there. If anyone was in any doubt that they didn't know how to change it, you just needed to see that.

After 3 abject performances post split (and an additional no-show for the ICT game before it), 90 minutes of football ago we still had Euro qualification in our own hands, and now we don't after another shocker. We were pretty much in a cup final situation when their first went in and sure as hell were after the second, but we had no answer to it. What was it their keeper had - one save whole game? The lack of any sort fluency in our play was embarrassing at times and we were reduced to the odd pot shot from distance. Two wingers on the bench, we're crying out for some pace, and Lomas hooks Millar our best midfielder (presume he was injured) leaving Craig who's doing the best tippy-tappy John Davies impression I've ever seen to do more of it. Haber and Sheridan should be away. Riordan at least ran about a bit and had a couple of shots in what was a pretty hostile atmosphere for him.

Fair play to Dave Mackay who came back in in difficult circumstances, Steven Anderson, Callum Davidson and Chris Millar for at least showing a bit of fight. The rest can go. We don't have room for handy-pocketty or slopey shouldered people on the sidelines either.

No' happy... :evil::evil:

Edited by HertsSaintee

No, not any more - we are dependant on other teams results irrespective of what we do.

The cliche about "if you'd offered that at the start of the season, blah, blah" that's being bandied about is really starting to annoy me. Yes, I'm sure we're all delighted we're here. However, whichever way you look at it, we know these players can play better than they have the last few games, even without Fran and Croft at times. Over the last few games we've "played" as if we've never seen each other before, with a lack of passion or any sort of sense of the importance of these games at all.

Edited by HertsSaintee

No, not any more - we are dependant on other teams results irrespective of what we do.

The cliche about "if you'd offered that at the start of the season, blah, blah" that's being bandied about is really starting to annoy me. Yes, I'm sure we're all delighted we're here. However, whichever way you look at it, we know these players can play better than they have the last few games, even without Fran and Croft at times. Over the last few games we've "played" as if we've never seen each other before, with a lack of passion or any sort of sense of the importance of these games at all.

We can still qualify through our league position instead of depending on a cup win. I hope you are not near anyone cause that knee if jerking constantly.

We can still qualify through our league position instead of depending on a cup win. I hope you are not near anyone cause that knee if jerking constantly.

We will finish fifth only if we beat Rangers and Celtic beat Hearts. If Hearts get a draw against Celtic it matters not a jot what we do - unless we beat Rangers by 10 goals of course. Clear?

I must be an octopus, my knees have been jerking every game since Lomas failed to get the players up for the ICT game... oh... ages ago...

Totally agree, you get the feeling if you are to dare question our recent form then fear being battered by that cliche. Yes everyone knows were top 6 on merit but it just doesn't excuse our recent dire form and complete lack of commitment to the cause. Far too many of these lobbed balls forward today. We played a pretty average Hearts outfit today but never really looked like scoring and totally lacked creativity. Talk about a total anti-climax to a season its been painful to watch. I cant understand why people are happy to sit back and accept its been a good season so dont moan full stop. Success is relative and this recent poor form is totally overshadowing what has been a great season. People like myself are only frusrtrated at how were badly letting ourself down in relation to the high standards we have set.

No some fans are realists!!!!

You're absolutely spot on. We should have no expectations whatsoever.

Honestly mainstand, is it too much to ask for a decent performance and to actually look like we give a shit? What is the point in getting this far and throwing it away?

European qualification is not in our hands any more.

Typical Scottish and St Johnstone supporters defeatist attitude not expecting more and better.

its not the results that annoy everybody, we are delighted to be where we are, its the complete lack of effort and desire out on the pitch that provokes this type of reaction

What's been wrong basically is that certain players have constantly put in under pat performances yet keep getting games

Can't believe we have players like keatings and oyenuga that never get a look in ahead of the lethargic midfield brigade

You're absolutely spot on. We should have no expectations whatsoever.

Honestly mainstand, is it too much to ask for a decent performance and to actually look like we give a shit? What is the point in getting this far and throwing it away?

European qualification is not in our hands any more.

Typical Scottish and St Johnstone supporters defeatist attitude not expecting more and better.

Its interesting that you only showup when things aren't going well.

I along with the rest off my fellow wappers are all glad where we are in the league and dont have to go into the last game off the season against the newco and get a win to avoid relegation.

But this!! above our standards!! thing is reminicent off !!we should know our place!! which is crap. We all strive to fulfill our ambitions in life we do not say ach well this is as far as I want to go.

Today I finally found a stream that I could watch but what a disapointment in the performance the team I have followed for years put in.

This punching above your weight makes me laugh we are where we are because off results we managed on our own and results off teams around us that went in our favour.

But in the end as supporters off our team it is up to us to dust ourselves off and those who can get to McD to get behind the team and hope as professional athletes give us a performance they and we can be proud off.

I am bitterly disappointed but not totally surprised. We were out-fought,out-classed, out-passed, and possibly out of Europe.You cant allow their players that kind of room in and around the penalty area,coupled with zero decent service from our midfield for our strikers and still expect to win. Lomas needs to cajole a superhuman performance from his players against the Gers to get some confidence in him and them.