An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown

Calypso Kid

Sorry I can't believe this third rate document has any great status - if it has then we really are in a mess. 100% against this and trust it has no prior approval from Saints.

It can't possibly be genuine. It's embarrassingly bereft of any factual credibility, feedback route or sporting angles. I cannot believe it's genuine.

Interestingly, I fired off an email asking for some clarity, since it refers to SPL clubs being involved in it's inception, and was informed that the Saints email domain is not operating.

This document as has been said before looks very threating, however if the SFL clubs stick together and vote no, surley this will make everybody take notice that the fans must be listened to and all the good things/carrots in the document can then be pushed through in the future.

This whole sorry state of affairs would have been avoided if the SPL had the balls when they went into admin and passed that they would be regelagated at the end of the season, Rangers would bite your hand off for that offer now and i think most off us would have been happy with that decision,

The rest of the illegal dealings etc could have been dealt with over the next few years and they could have been punished over and over again, just imagine every close season we could look forward to Rangers getting another punishment.

If this is a reality document I can see it backfire against them big style as any NO vote now even to gain entry into the league would surley now mean a NO VOTE into the SFL at all even a buy out would be blocked i belive a strange document to come out indeed

Edited by Center Half

Sorry I can't believe this third rate document has any great status - if it has then we really are in a mess. 100% against this and trust it has no prior approval from Saints.

There are only two other explanations

1. Some or all of it is made up

2. Cockwomble has gone rogue

I was planning to renew my season ticket next week, but now won't be. If this goes ahead then Scottish footbal has be killed off by Neil Donkeycastor and Stewart Reagan.

And since the SFA are involved with this, I am also finished with the International team.

RIP Scottish football

I have just spent $800 to fly in for the scotland game on sept 8th.

I may now be golfing on the north inch.

how long is this going to be allowed to drag on?

im starting to feel that its inevitable that the clubs/sfa/spl will delay/fudge/misdirect the fans and newco will get some kind of easy ride into a division they have no right to be in.

not sure i'll even go to turkey now. whats the point if scottish football has turned into scripted "sports entertainment" where success and failure is determined by committee.

if TheRangers (or any other club in the same situation) are any higher than div3 next year, i am finished with scottish football for good.

With a very heavy heart, I'm getting very close to reaching the same conclusion. I've simply had enough of these idiots who have ruined our game. It's been a hell of a rollercoaster ride following Saints over the past 34 years, and I only hope sporting integrity prevails in the face of this latest onslaught to parachute a new club into a league it has no right to be in, otherwise I'll be getting off.

how long is this going to be allowed to drag on?

im starting to feel that its inevitable that the clubs/sfa/spl will delay/fudge/misdirect the fans and newco will get some kind of easy ride into a division they have no right to be in.

not sure i'll even go to turkey now. whats the point if scottish football has turned into scripted "sports entertainment" where success and failure is determined by committee.

I'm sure that fans throughout Scotland will echo your sentiments.

Fed up of this pish now. Tipping point is pretty close. Suppose we'll need to see what tomorrow brings but if it is a day of silence from Saints then the £600 is staying in the envelope.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the whole ****ing lot of em but if this nonsense goes through the game is over I think.

Scottish fitba... how to go from believing in justice to a pile of utter shite in one easy move.

They can have their Sevco666 money or they can have my support but they cannae have both.:sad:

Can only agree with the sentiments of the last few posts. If the powers that be even try to push this through ia think I'm done. Spent the last couple of days trying to justify the cost of a trip to Turkey and Perth in the space of a week, but football in Scotland would cease to have any credibility for me if this nonsense happens.

Hmmmm, I see it's all kicked off again. Here's what I said in my original, eponymous "An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown" (post #86 on this thread, I think), written in late April:

Should you vote for, or be complicit in, any arrangement which allows Rangers FC (or any sort of artificially-created 'successor club') to remain in the SPL in 2012-13, my children and I will never return to an SPL match, home or away.

Now, that is crystal clear in a legal sense - my threatened "boycott" (as some chose to call it) would be predicated on the club formerly known as Rangers not being in the SPL in 2012-13. Steve Brown has now indicated, equally clearly, that he will not be voting for this outcome. Good.

BUT HEAR THIS MR BROWN - WHAT I DIDN'T SAY WAS THIS: IF THERE IS ANY STITCH-UP WHICH SEES A RANGERS SUCCESSOR CLUB IN SFL 1, I AM DONE WITH SCOTTISH FOOTBALL FOREVER.

So pleaee

Peter A Smith ‏@PeterAdamSmith

This proposal is from the SPL. Not the SFA, not Rangers. SPL clubs met today and put these proposals forward to SFL clubs.

The current SPL Board is made up of Ralph Topping (SPL Chairman), Neil Doncaster (SPL Chief Executive), Eric Riley (Celtic FC), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United FC), Derek Weir (Motherwell FC) and Steven Brown (St Johnstone FC).

I find it impossible to believe Brown would not of known about todays proposal ( BLACKMAIL ) of SFL clubs. (Unless Cockwomble has gone solo in a last desperate attempt at saving his useless £$%^&*^ arse)

So, I await to see SPORTING INTEGRITY enforced by Saints in the next few days

Edited by belfastsaintee

Peter A Smith ‏@PeterAdamSmith

This proposal is from the SPL. Not the SFA, not Rangers. SPL clubs met today and put these proposals forward to SFL clubs.

The current SPL Board is made up of Ralph Topping (SPL Chairman), Neil Doncaster (SPL Chief Executive), Eric Riley (Celtic FC), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United FC), Derek Weir (Motherwell FC) and Steven Brown (St Johnstone FC).

I find it impossible to believe Brown would not of known about todays proposal ( BLACKMAIL ) of SFL clubs. (Unless Cockwomble has gone solo in a last desperate attempt at saving his useless £$%^&*^ arse)

So, I await to see SPORTING INTEGRITY enforced by Saints in the next few days

Have a look at SPL site then SFL site. No statement on SPL but Longmuir statement on SFL site which looks like it's his and / or their wish?

Dare I say it, this is actually worse than the scenario of Rangers in th SPL.

Let's Bully the wee teams into taking them for a year in the hope that they come straight back up (not guaranteed by a long shot) and we can keep our tv deal.

We are the self preservation society

Thankfully held back from renewing. If the hunsbyanothername enter Division 1 next season then I shall probably never attend another football game in my life.

Which is utterly tragic. Some of the best times I have ever had were with the old crew in shytehols like Greenock, Airdrire, Stenhousemuir and the like. Proper football supporters spending daft money travelling across the country watching our team, win or lose, getting howling drunk with the opposition supporters, getting back to Mathers and annoying the hell out of them but they never cut us off because they knew we were all lovely folk really.

But if this goes through then what is the effing point.

I am sorry to this but I don't think that the SPL Board would be holding such a blatant gun to the SFL's head IF it did not have the tactic approval of the majority of the other clubs. Ironically this latest disaster has not come from RFC as they were advised after the fact by Petrie what was being planned.

The proposal that came out this afternoon had a touch of merit to it as Sevco would have to agree to honour their football debts & accept any fines from the Oldco which is something.

At the end of the day I can still see Sevco buying over Cowdenbeath and taking their place in the SFL.