New Striker - Steven Maclean

ancientsaint

yesterday there were posts saying that May being on loan and Higgins away means we are low on strikers. Today we sign a striker to help increase competition etc and there are posts on here saying why?

He is signed to January when May will hopefully then return so he is providing cover.

So we offload a couple of strikers who hardly commanded a game and we sign a journeyman free agent when we should have been strengthening in other areas of the park!

May has been loaned out to get experience. Lets face it, he wouldn't have improved much sitting on the bench every week. While he's away gaining more first team experience, we need someone to cover the position....hence MacLean. Not a signing to get the pulses racing, but worthwhile having on the books until Jan.

Don't see him starting many games, but won't complain if he gets a few goals.

nobody on here , plenty at the match . You've made your thoughts clear though , without the guy even wearing a saints shirt .

I don't think I have transmitted those thoughts at all! What I said was that he was a decent striker at Wednesday and at Glanford Park and that he has become a bit of a journeyman since. I also asked if he was the answer to our failure to find the back of the net?

So we offload a couple of strikers who hardly commanded a game and we sign a journeyman free agent when we should have been strengthening in other areas of the park!

29 hardly old-we have 3 strikers!What would you do with injuries and suspensions!!? need at least 4 forwards i reckon, and now we have that.What other areas of the park need strengthened then?