Hillsborough Thread - (A "family Club" - Support The "96")

sasha

since when did 'youll never walk alone 'become a celtics song,its liverpools anthem ?we used to do it in the 70's when we had a choir.

kevin tannoyman should play ACAB by the last resort .thats a fitting tribute to the 96 for the yorkshire polis that fitted the football fans up.

As a supporter of both clubs, this sort of gesture would certainly be something i wholeheartedly agree with and knowing several scousers, it would certainly be something that would be appreciated on Merseyside. To those who say it is nothing to do with our club, i do agree but yesterday wasn't only a victory for Liverpool but more for a victory football and the justice system. It is unfortunate that the game is against Celtic as now doubt they will steal(the same way the did the song itself) any acclaim that would come saints fans way.

Can i be the one to suggest that a potentially more fitting gesture for the day would be a simple chant of "Stand up for the 96" or to the same tune, "Justice for the 96". Would also be good if it could be timed at six minutes into our game.

JFT96

As a supporter of both clubs, this sort of gesture would certainly be something i wholeheartedly agree with and knowing several scousers, it would certainly be something that would be appreciated on Merseyside. To those who say it is nothing to do with our club, i do agree but yesterday wasn't only a victory for Liverpool but more for a victory football and the justice system. It is unfortunate that the game is against Celtic as now doubt they will steal(the same way the did the song itself) any acclaim that would come saints fans way.

Can i be the one to suggest that a potentially more fitting gesture for the day would be a simple chant of "Stand up for the 96" or to the same tune, "Justice for the 96". Would also be good if it could be timed at six minutes into our game.

JFT96

what a load of pish , minutes silence have been done before , its got sod all to do with saints or scottish football , the only connection between saints and liverpool is we play the same sport .

what a load of pish , minutes silence have been done before , its got sod all to do with saints or scottish football , the only connection between saints and liverpool is we play the same sport .

Did I mention a minutes silence?? I was responding to a suggestion above mate and if you have nothing worth contributing to that then pi$$ off. If you had cared to read my post I suggested it was a victory for football and there will be clubs and fans across the world showing marks of respect. Of course you are one of these idiots that believes we are too good for that! Jog on!

JFT96

Surly the better response would be to sit down for the 96. Every fan who stands during a game is acting against the memory of the 96.

Is or has there ever been any justice for the 39 Juventus fans killed by Liverpool fans in Heysel in 1985. 14 Liverpool fans sentenced to 3 years each for involuntary manslaughter is not justice. If the boot had been on the other foot you can bet the Liverpool fans would have never let go.

Surly the better response would be to sit down for the 96. Every fan who stands during a game is acting against the memory of the 96.

Is or has there ever been any justice for the 39 Juventus fans killed by Liverpool fans in Heysel in 1985. 14 Liverpool fans sentenced to 3 years each for involuntary manslaughter is not justice. If the boot had been on the other foot you can bet the Liverpool fans would have never let go.

Its what we sing on the kop and thats acting against their memory how??

Is or has there ever been a police cover up diverting the blame elsewhere for Heysel? Another ground unfit for purpose! Were witness statements altered? As you said people were punished for their crimes that day! Why is that not justice? Its Something yet to happen for hillsborough!

Its what we sing on the kop and thats acting against their memory how??

Is or has there ever been a police cover up diverting the blame elsewhere for Heysel? Another ground unfit for purpose! Were witness statements altered? As you said people were punished for their crimes that day! Why is that not justice? Its Something yet to happen for hillsborough!

people would not have been crushed to death in an all seated stadium. Yes there would have been issues with crowds rushing into a tight area but the lasting legacy of hillsborough is the all seater stadiums and I would have thought by now people would have managed to sing sitting down.

Yes Heysel was unfit for purpose but if the Liverpool fans (a lot more than the 14 who were prosecuted) had not charged across a neural section to get at the Juventus fans the 39 fans would not have been killed and another 600 injured.

Liverpool FC will always have the blood of Heysel on their shirts.

and why not for the Ibrox disaster? and evry year we remember evry disaster. a remberance day for all stadium disasters (there will be others)

I didn't start the thread mate and didn't ask for any form of remembrance. Merely suggested an alternative. Difference in this case to others is the lack of truth for 23 years and it being the single biggest injustice in uk history.

people would not have been crushed to death in an all seated stadium. Yes there would have been issues with crowds rushing into a tight area but the lasting legacy of hillsborough is the all seater stadiums and I would have thought by now people would have managed to sing sitting down.

Yes Heysel was unfit for purpose but if the Liverpool fans (a lot more than the 14 who were prosecuted) had not charged across a neural section to get at the Juventus fans the 39 fans would not have been killed and another 600 injured.

Liverpool FC will always have the blood of Heysel on their shirts.

Hillsborough granted finally led to all seated stadiums but was by no means the sole reason. Do you stay seated for ninety minutes!?

You ignored my point! Heysel was awful and yes blame correctly was put on Liverpool fans but if 14 people served time, why stop there if there was more guilty parties?? Also do you actually believe they acted without provocation? Hooliganism was rife in football in general and Liverpool fans hadn't forgotten the beatings and stabbings at the hands of Italians the year previous.

The more you go on it sounds as though you either follow man utd or some of their fans have your ear. Also as for blood on the shirt! With that sort of nonsense you could get yourself a job with The S*n!!

Very sad that 96 lost their lives.

I don't share the witch hunt vibe.

I recognise that during the late 80s Liverpool were a club whose fans rioted on a occasion, and like many other clubs, contributed to the introducation of permiter fences.

Had fans not rioted at matches there would not have been fences in the way. I think that might be a massive factor in what happened, and for all the will in the world i don't think the police or fans would have wished for the events on that fateful day.

But witch hunts - not the best thing for anyone....

Chelsea was my team at the time, i stood below 7ft high fences, rimmed with electric wire on that spanned 1.5 metres back at a 30 degree angle - I also had no problem when the Shed rioted, pulled the fence down and stormed the pitch against Middlesborough - sure i was on the pitch running around like an idiot.

The lack of truth is not just confined to football, so injustice aside - well done to the campaigners. The victory might end up being more than just about the victims or money...

Edited by MySpazz

This is a liverpool issue and nothing to do with saints or british football in general would hate YNWA to get played at McDiarmid. i feel sorry for those involved but it was the fault of liverpool fans and emergency services combined, nothing a report can say can ever get rid of the truth of this disaster!!!!!!!!!

This is a liverpool issue and nothing to do with saints or british football in general would hate YNWA to get played at McDiarmid. i feel sorry for those involved but it was the fault of liverpool fans and emergency services combined, nothing a report can say can ever get rid of the truth of this disaster!!!!!!!!!

What absolute bollocks!! How is it nothing to do with British football. 96 fans lost their lives that day. If Liverpool fans were to blame for it as ou state above then why has the Sun and the prime Minister both apologised for the shite that was said blaming fans.

Ex and serving Police Officers and lawyers MUST be charged and taken through the legal process for their role in this.

What absolute bollocks!! How is it nothing to do with British football. 96 fans lost their lives that day. If Liverpool fans were to blame for it as ou state above then why has the Sun and the prime Minister both apologised for the shite that was said blaming fans.

Ex and serving Police Officers and lawyers MUST be charged and taken through the legal process for their role in this.

I mean to say its an english club issue and helped changed the way football stadia in england are run today. I doubt clubs in england would play a rangers song because of the anniversary of the ibrox disaster ( however i may be wrong in that). What im against is the issue of playing YNWA.

The tampering with the evidence and statements is awful and police officials should be punished however as stated again yesterday by many, liverpool fans didnt aid the rescue effort made by police during the incident. This doesnt mean the fans are too blame but there co-operation at the time could have been better as some official said yday on sky sports, but most of the blame should fall on the staff and police at hillsborough for letting too many fans in one section.

And also i would rather people not say 'bollocks' or 'shite' at other people comments just because they are not of the same opinion, a discussion is needed and not just the usual insults which are too frequent!!

Edited by SaintGraeme39

Hillsborough granted finally led to all seated stadiums but was by no means the sole reason. Do you stay seated for ninety minutes!?

You ignored my point! Heysel was awful and yes blame correctly was put on Liverpool fans but if 14 people served time, why stop there if there was more guilty parties?? Also do you actually believe they acted without provocation? Hooliganism was rife in football in general and Liverpool fans hadn't forgotten the beatings and stabbings at the hands of Italians the year previous.

The more you go on it sounds as though you either follow man utd or some of their fans have your ear. Also as for blood on the shirt! With that sort of nonsense you could get yourself a job with The S*n!!

To answer point 1, yes apart from when their is a goal

I am glad you as a Liverpool fan can see some of the fault in 85. My point was it was a lot more than 14 and to only serve 3 years for killing 39 people and injuring 600 is not justice, something your club has been trying to get and will probably now succeed in getting for the 96 innocent fans who lost their lives in 1989. The more that comes out the more sympathy people will have for the families of those who were lost that day.

In my eyes Man United and Liverpool fans are like old firm fans in Scotland and I would not want to be part of either of these for clubs for that reason. my views may be driven in part by a stadium forum I am part of in which these clubs and the actions of their fans are put under a bit more scrutiny than you get in the main steam media. Very much like at The Rangers and Celtic there are decent fans in both supports but a very large percentage of knuckledraggers.

Some things transcend football. The Hillsborough disaster is one of them. I loathe to comment on political matters but from a human point of view the events and revelations of the last few days should, IMO, put recent events at our club into a bit of perspective.

If we we done something to show support for the families of the 96 I'd be ok with it, even if it is singing a song that another scottish team we were playing have adopted as their own at our home ground.

... liverpool fans didnt aid the rescue effort made by police during the incident. This doesnt mean the fans are too blame but there co-operation at the time could have been better as some official said yday on sky sports...

The official who said what you have just typed was Sir Norman Bettison, heavily involved with SYP. It is complete bollocks and you are making yourself look completely ignorant. The rescue effort made by the police? Really, did you just type that with a straight face? Honestly? Next you'll be saying the ambulance service did all they could. In case you don't know, your much adored police force let one ambulance out of over forty into the ground following the players being taken off the pitch. There was one professional ambulance man on the scene. The fans were the rescue effort.

It's not hard to educate yourself about Hillsborough if you want to. You should be embarrassed by your contribution to this thread. It's not about opinion either as what you are saying is complete rubbish. How many reports do we need that will clear the fans of blame before people like you finally accept it?

In saying all that, I don't think Saints (club or fans) need to anything tomorrow.

The official who said what you have just typed was Sir Norman Bettison, heavily involved with SYP. It is complete bollocks and you are making yourself look completely ignorant. The rescue effort made by the police? Really, did you just type that with a straight face? Honestly? Next you'll be saying the ambulance service did all they could. In case you don't know, your much adored police force let one ambulance out of over forty into the ground following the players being taken off the pitch. There was one professional ambulance man on the scene. The fans were the rescue effort.

It's not hard to educate yourself about Hillsborough if you want to. You should be embarrassed by your contribution to this thread. It's not about opinion either as what you are saying is complete rubbish. How many reports do we need that will clear the fans of blame before people like you finally accept it?

In saying all that, I don't think Saints (club or fans) need to anything tomorrow.

Hopefully a new inquest will be made and all the facts will come out and i can become more knowledgable of this tragedy. The police and emergency services made an effort however done it poorly which cost innocent people there lives. They know they made mistakes and are covering there back as there rescue effort was insufficient. The sun's claim about the blame being fully on the fans has been proved wrong and I'm glad of that as it vindicates the families of the 96s being totally responsible for the disaster.

All i said is that some fans were uncooperative , NOT blaming the fans.

PS Im not embarrassed for what I think as its my opinion, however I could have worded my comments a little better to explain myself

Edited by SaintGraeme39

All i said is that some fans were uncooperative , NOT blaming the fans.

But you have taken that from Bettison, who is someone who has proven himself (that is an opinion more than a fact at this stage AFAIK) to be untrustworthy. Fans probably were angry with the police on the day but you just need to look at the video taken from Hillsborough to see who it was ferrying fans around on stretchers etc... to know the fans did plenty when they finally managed to escape being battered back down into their pens. A lot of the police officers on the ground would be following orders and, of course, wouldn't have pleasant experiences of football fans in the eighties but it's very hard to excuse the actions of many of them. Fans, pressed right up against the fences, pleading to get let out and officers ignoring them. How could a police officer think this was normal?

The_Hillsborough_di_711259t.jpg

Honestly mate, there is plenty of stuff already out there that you can read to find out about the disaster but this week should finally prove the fans were not to blame for the disaster.

But you have taken that from Bettison, who is someone who has proven himself (that is an opinion more than a fact at this stage AFAIK) to be untrustworthy. Fans probably were angry with the police on the day but you just need to look at the video taken from Hillsborough to see who it was ferrying fans around on stretchers etc... to know the fans did plenty when they finally managed to escape being battered back down into their pens. A lot of the police officers on the ground would be following orders and, of course, would have pleasant experiences of football fans in the eighties but it's very hard to excuse the actions of many of them. Fans, pressed right up against the fences, pleading to get let out and officers ignorning them. How could a police officer think this was normal?

Honestly mate, there is plenty of stuff already out there that you can read to find out about the disaster but this week should finally prove the fans were not to blame for the disaster.

The uncooperative nature i am talking about stems from the anger from the fans as they wanted to get into the ground. Im a football fan and know what my reaction would be if I paid for a ticket and couldn't get in thinking there was still space for me.The staff at the club should never have let more than was allocated in, and the police should have been quicker on there feet to react to the situation. They are to blame for the disaster and trying to cover it up at the time is inconceivable.

However I shall read up on the incident to try and get a better understanding of what happened on that awful day! and my defence of the police comes from my dad being an ex copper, just been brought up that way unfortunately...

Edited by SaintGraeme39

Did I mention a minutes silence?? I was responding to a suggestion above mate and if you have nothing worth contributing to that then pi$$ off. If you had cared to read my post I suggested it was a victory for football and there will be clubs and fans across the world showing marks of respect. Of course you are one of these idiots that believes we are too good for that! Jog on!

mark of respect has all been done before , why do it now ? It was only a judgement that happened this week not the actual event . ya prick .