Hello Lomas Doubters Are You There?

THE LARK SAINT

Not sure thats different from any other manager. McInnes didn't turn jobs down because it suited Saints. He knew what he wanted and was prepared and confident enough to wait.

There are two types of manager's out there for us. The young up and coming manager who is ambitious and will move on when the time is right or the Jefferies Cakderwood type. I know which I prefer. The only way Lomas will move to a job he wants is if he is successful with us.

And I agree with that John. To get a manager that is both good AND passionate about a club is a rarity, and I am not suggesting that a manager has to be so. However, there are ways you talk about the club you are at and the way in which you manage your ambition that are acceptable. Del was very good at it, Lomas not so (but he is learning)

Not sure thats different from any other manager. McInnes didn't turn jobs down because it suited Saints. He knew what he wanted and was prepared and confident enough to wait.

There are two types of manager's out there for us. The young up and coming manager who is ambitious and will move on when the time is right or the Jefferies Cakderwood type. I know which I prefer. The only way Lomas will move to a job he wants is if he is successful with us.

Absolutely. Cannot blame anyone for being ambitious. Young football managers, like SL, want to go as high as they can like anyone in their own working life. Lomas played at a fairly high level and naturally would want to progress in the same direction now he is in management.

Lomas is starting to show that perhaps he is a manager. However, someone either on this thread or another said that Lomas is showing that he is "passionate about Saints". I still don't believe that. I think that he stills sees this job as nothing more than a stepping stone and is starting to become a bit more aware of how he presents his ambition. The Saints job to Steve is nothing more than a means to an end. If he does it well, then I guess I couldn't care less, but let's not be fooled that it is any more than that to him.

I reckon he does not have that great a relationship with the chairman (not all Lomas's fault probably) and would be off without a backwards glance at the first opportunity. Now, I am not denying him his ambition or his desire to manage at a higher level, but I have already drawn comparisons with the way he has approached this job in comparison to Derek Mc.

Is passion important Ed? I'm never convinced by badge kissers. Saw a few people having a go at Lomas for 'just standing there, watching the game!' Is a passionate, animated shouting man necessarily a better option? In that case make Stuart Pierce the England boss, he shouts a lot and has 'passion'.

Is passion important Ed? I'm never convinced by badge kissers. Saw a few people having a go at Lomas for 'just standing there, watching the game!' Is a passionate, animated shouting man necessarily a better option? In that case make Stuart Pierce the England boss, he shouts a lot and has 'passion'.

I think I added saying that passion for the particular club that a manager is employed by isn't necessarily required. Maybe for 'passion' you could replace with 'love for' the club. To have that is uncommon and is usually reserved for managers who have had a former connection, either a s a player or a fan of that club.

Passion doesn't necessarily mean jumping about on the sideline. Again, perhaps the term 'desire' could be applied, as in the desire to do a good job and 'commitment' would be more appropriate. My use of the term 'passionate' was more driven by another poster who had said that Lomas was showing that he was 'passionate' about Saints. My response was to say that I don't think he is, not only because he doesn't have that aforementioned previous 'connection' with the club, but because I think he really sees us as a 'must do' to get where he wants and I still think he can't wait for that requirement to be served and to move on to bigger things.

All the above doesn't mean that I don't think he is capable of doing a good job here, I was just combatting people getting too carried away with what they think Saints actually mean to Lomas

I still have my doubts with regards to Lomas' tactical ability. I also think he comes across poorly in the media, but his signings have been great.

That said its the chairman that agrees to the transfers, so he must get part of the praise.

I've enjoyed the results greatly, but Ill reserve judgement until the end of the season. Going on our current squad in quality and size, I'd say anything below top 6 will be underperforming.

Sorry for being a misery but it's not correct to claim to have ended Ross County's 40 game run when he was also claiming that Saint's weren't on a 14 game streak with no win as it was across 2 seasons, different players etc. The same then applies for Ross County as it does for Saints. Doubly so, as County's record was primarily in the 1st Division.

Sorry for being a misery but it's not correct to claim to have ended Ross County's 40 game run when he was also claiming that Saint's weren't on a 14 game streak with no win as it was across 2 seasons, different players etc. The same then applies for Ross County as it does for Saints. Doubly so, as County's record was primarily in the 1st Division.

They had not lost in six SPL games though and had only conceded one goal (very late against Celtic). We also played for an hour with ten men. It was a a very good result for a number of reasons, not just because it ended an unbeaten run.

They had not lost in six SPL games though and had only conceded one goal (very late against Celtic). We also played for an hour with ten men. It was a a very good result for a number of reasons, not just because it ended an unbeaten run.

That's the point exactly. Make that claim. It stands up. However it's just not correct, and is a double standard to make the claim that we ended a 40 game run when also arguing against Saints not winning for 14 games across 2 seasons etc.

Sitting here trying really hard to contain my emotions.........

Ach what the Hell

WHOA HA HA HA HA

WHOA HA HA HA HA

WHOA HA HA HA HA

WHOA HA HA HA HA

WHOA HA HA HA HA

WHOA HA HA HA HA

Never mind Manager of the Month, keep this up andit will be Manager of the Year!!!

Were you at the game today caller? :blink:

It was over the top to write SL off after the poor start to the season just as it is over the top to say he is the greatest thing since sliced bread now. The next few games will give us a better idea. A bit lucky today but with the excuse of injuries. The next three games against teams we want to beat to get a European spot again will give us a better idea. Personally seven points out of nine will go a long way to convince me.that he is the one.

Mines has been served , consumed and the dishes washed. Well done Steve Lomas. I am an unworthy idiot and you are the real deal. Now don't feck it up now I have bitten the bullet :wink:

His inability to see the need to change things today in the second half today has still not convinced me, which is just as well... I went into a few shops today and you can't even buy a humble pie whether fresh or packet mix... what a look I got in Greggs when I asked for one with my Steak Bake :roll:

His inability to see the need to change things today in the second half today has still not convinced me, which is just as well... I went into a few shops today and you can't even buy a humble pie whether fresh or packet mix... what a look I got in Greggs when I asked for one with my Steak Bake :roll:

Tesco are doing Humble Pie Two for One.

Same for me. We were crying out for subs with Tade blowing out his arse & getting no change with the long balls. We lost shape in midfield & Ando was struggling something terrible.

He was doing so well with subs in the last few games but he must have been too tied up in the tension to notice we needed freshening up today.

While I agree we could have fine with making changes we weren't exactly spoiled for choice. Beattie looked like 3 minutes is all he is fit for, Robertson no one seems to want which left the young lads and McCracken. May have thrown Caddis on wouldn't change central defenders unless there is an injury.

I'm not ashamed to say that I would have been happy to see him gone in the early part of the season.

Form was poor, managers attitude was poor, new signings were being sent off and he had called the situation with Rangers 100% wrongly, additionally the euro adventure was being viewed negatively and his media skills were shockingly bad. A lot of fans at other clubs would have kicked off much more than actually happened.

I appreciate that a lot has happened at McD that won't have been easy and that is now in the past and the club can move on.

I am pleased that its being turned round and I think now that SL can probably do a job at McD.

I don't think he will be here for years and years but hopefully when he does go its a situation similar to Owen and Del because Saints will have benefitted.