Luis Suarez

Nuggets

I think Brendan Rodgers is taking that new scientific diet too far.  A bit peckish.

I've been bitten on the neck loads of times, it was rampant for a while in the 70's. There's not a problem other than you need a spare polo neck in the drawer for such an event. Ivanovic didn't seem to bothered after the game, nor Benitez - mind you he looks like Dracula.

To be serious for a moment though is it any worse than someone making a severe high tackle on the leg of an opponent where legs are that professional's livelihood.

==============

For a grown man to bite someone is far worse than a bad tackle. Kids learn not to bite by the tinme they are 3 but the fact that they do it may be down to the fact that we are all really animals.

Don`t know why he did it though as there wasn`t even a tackle on him. Weird.

==============

For a grown man to bite someone is far worse than a bad tackle. Kids learn not to bite by the tinme they are 3 but the fact that they do it may be down to the fact that we are all really animals.

Don`t know why he did it though as there wasn`t even a tackle on him. Weird.

-------

You're absolutely right Cagey about all that, I was just thinking about tackles in which John Pelosi's was at the lower end of the range. These happen more regularly than people imagine it was just that his tackle, which I witnessed at Dunfermlinen, ended up in court. I was just comparing what Suarez did. with a really severe tackle, one that puts a player on crutches and  out for weeks/months and not just a bite which is just pain which goes away fairly quickly as seen by Ivanovic.

It's the intention that looks bad, he wanted to get in there with power as he does so brilliantly but Ivanovic is a good defender and wasn't letting him have that run for most of the game resulting in anger and frustration by Suarez  which took the form of a bite. I don't think he planned it during the week's training. It was unnatural but it happened in the heat of the moment a bit like Nelly carrying out the appalling act of swearing at a football match.  I think the explosion of fury against him has been a bit OTT but yes it is unnatural and has to be punished.

He'll be a miss for the rest of the season in terms of entertainment value for me but I would hope what Kenny Dalgiesh and others liked about him - his intense competitive isn't tamed because everything is bland enough today.

That might be a controversial view.

The problem the FA now have, is there is previous on biting in the EPL, as recently as 2006. Jermaine Defoe bit an opponent and was booked by the ref. The FA failed to take further action, even though serious foul play allowed them to increase the punishment if needed (as they did with the Ben Thatcher tackle on the Man City player).

So if they now hammer Suarez with a 10 game ban, doesn't that just prove Defoe was dealt with differently.

Not defending Suarez, as he is just about the biggest 'cheat' going at the moment, but if precedent is followed it should be a simple 3 game ban that goes with violent conduct. Maybe slightly increased as its not the first time...

That said, if Suarez was playing for Saints, cheating or not, I'd f****** love him!!!

I think Brendan Rodgers is taking that new scientific diet too far.  A bit peckish.

I've been bitten on the neck loads of times, it was rampant for a while in the 70's. There's not a problem other than you need a spare polo neck in the drawer for such an event. Ivanovic didn't seem to bothered after the game, nor Benitez - mind you he looks like Dracula.

To be serious for a moment though is it any worse than someone making a severe high tackle on the leg of an opponent where legs are that professional's livelihood.

Like i said when i started this thread. Roland Rat.

Edited by Nuggets

The problem the FA now have, is there is previous on biting in the EPL, as recently as 2006. Jermaine Defoe bit an opponent and was booked by the ref. The FA failed to take further action, even though serious foul play allowed them to increase the punishment if needed (as they did with the Ben Thatcher tackle on the Man City player).

So if they now hammer Suarez with a 10 game ban, doesn't that just prove Defoe was dealt with differently.

Not defending Suarez, as he is just about the biggest 'cheat' going at the moment, but if precedent is followed it should be a simple 3 game ban that goes with violent conduct. Maybe slightly increased as its not the first time...

That said, if Suarez was playing for Saints, cheating or not, I'd f****** love him!!!

is it not the case that if the ref takes action then nothing further can happen but since the ref missed the suarez incident then the f.a can take action?

If his appeals fails they should double the ban

The outcome of the appeal is immaterial. Saurez will be sold in the summer. At the moment, Liverpool get no more games out of him. If he gets to play pending the appeal, they get one more game.

Regardless of the decision of the appeal, he will still miss the remaining games as it is unlikely to be reduced to less than three games

He will not be sold in the summer. His value has dropped and requires to be regained. Was worth in the region of 30-40 million, can be again by mid next season. Then they will consider selling. 

He will go in the summer.......to another team, his value doesn't drop because he bit someone....his value is his performances and strike rate this season. Liverpool need the money from his sale to strenghten other positions (I heard)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...