Luis Suarez

Nuggets

Banned for the rest of the world cup. 

Also banned for the first 9 Premier league matches. 

Not quite.  Banned for 9 Uruguay international matches, which obviously includes any further World Cup matches, and banned for 4 months from all football activities.  Which will take him to the end of October, meaning all Liverpool (or any other club) games until then including League, Champions League and domestic Cup matches.

Don't really see what this is going to achieve. He's still going to be the same guy at the end of the ban. I think he should have been forced to seek psychological help as part of the ban. Would also suggest that the ban should remain in place until he's willing to admit that he actually did bite the guy.

Don't really see what this is going to achieve. He's still going to be the same guy at the end of the ban. I think he should have been forced to seek psychological help as part of the ban. Would also suggest that the ban should remain in place until he's willing to admit that he actually did bite the guy.

lfc have already quoted hes been working with a psychologist for some time now. unf its clearly not worked.

effectively a 2 month domestic ban is incredibly light treatment

Hey you guys, are you not all jumping on the media/press bandwagon, which was highlighted by Lineker  and his crowd because their team got  humped.

O.K. fair do's the guy appeared to get the bite on his opponent.

What is worse giving his opponent a peck on the shoulder to let him know that he is there, or spitting in the face of your opponent? 

Sure that spitting has not brought such a severe punishment.

What you have got to remember is that the authorities in charge of his previous misdemeanor's  have dealt with it and administered his punishment.

Looks like his latest punishment by FIFA has taken his previous into account, instead of taking it as a separate offence.

In summing up, would you accept Suarez into your club, before David Goodwillie ?

I have not expressed my opinion on this matter, I am only being devils advocate.

What are your opinions? 

Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

Lineker didn't bite anyone and surely Suarez's previous must be relevant for the purpose of sentence?

Hey you guys, are you not all jumping on the media/press bandwagon, which was highlighted by Lineker  and his crowd because their team got  humped.

What is worse giving his opponent a peck on the shoulder to let him know that he is there, or spitting in the face of your opponent? 

What you have got to remember is that the authorities in charge of his previous misdemeanor's  have dealt with it and administered his punishment.

Looks like his latest punishment by FIFA has taken his previous into account, instead of taking it as a separate offence.

In summing up, would you accept Suarez into your club, before David Goodwillie ?

I have not expressed my opinion on this matter, I am only being devils advocate.

What are your opinions? 

What are your opinions? 

Obviously if it's the 3rd occasion he has done it then his previous is relevant and has to be taken into account.

Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

I thought the media and Lineker comment was a fault of emphasis (although I accept the coverage gets on my tits too) and the Suarez bite should be seen in isolation for what it was. Shocking.

You need to go to Specsavers.

Where did you read I said that Lineker bit anyone?

Poor reply.

I don't know why he's got such a bad name - how many times have we all said we'd love Saints to sign a player because he's hungry for it, and you can't deny that he doesn't lack bite. Cannibals get a bad press in my opinion. Suarez's favourite pre match meal? Spleens on toast! Badoom-boom-tsch.

What are your opinions? 

What Suarez did was pretty bad (especially as it's the third time), but it's not the worst thing in the world. I'd say that putting in a deliberately bad tackle is worse than biting or spitting. ITV, for example, are happy to employ a pundit (Roy Keane) who deliberately caused a serious injury to another player. What Keane did is much, much worse.

If Saints could sign Suarez ahead of Goodwillie? Yeah, I think it's fair to say most of us would choose Suarez.  :)

Suarez will move on, As Gordon Strachan said the other night, football is cynical and a deal will be done. I think he will go to Spain despite what scousers think and with a "no bite" clause in his contract.

It's been nearly a week now and the press will find something else to chew on - probably Andy Murray, some bimbo with frilly knickers  and Wimbledon.

I still have a problem with authorities determining appropriate sanctions on players for things that are reflective of their personality or morals (or lack of) that really don't have any bearing on the outcome of a football match, like spitting, biting and racial abuse.

The problem is that Liverpool FC and Uraguay FA should be handing out the sanctions or sacking the player (like would happen to me from my employer if I bit, spat at or racially abused someone at work), but they won't because it eould cost them too much money.

Money money money.

You know how boxers wear gum shields to protect their teeth then there must be a gum shield to protec everybody else too like say bubble wrap teeth that he could wear. A bite would be more like a tickle and wee Louis would be more loved and understood despite his wild Montevideo upbringing.. I would'nae like to be a postie for the Suarez's.

I still think he's fantastic.

It's pronounced Mon-tay-vi-dayo but Monty Video will do if your drunk.

Page 51 in today's daily star an open letter from Christopher Owen ( meats category Director ) of Mattesons, offering a job as the Official Meats Taster.

He wants Suarez to put his passion for fresh meat to good use. 

It continues " Mattesons have been so inspired by your appetite for international footballers that we're developing a new range of tasty Fridge Raiders including 'Chelsea Right Back', Italian Shoulder ' and 'PSV Midfielder ' in your honour. "

:laugh:  :laugh:  hilarious.