Stevie May

rik2304

What do you prefer?  Winning the Scottish cup two years running, or adding the league cup to the trophy cabinet, and be the holders of both cups for a while.

Oh to hell with it - just win everything, including the Europa league.

What do you prefer?  Winning the Scottish cup two years running, or adding the league cup to the trophy cabinet, and be the holders of both cups for a while.

i would be over the moon for us to win any of those cups...europa league would be nice

Ok this is random, but highlights just how the stevie may appeal isn't just with saints fans nor just in Perth. True story...My wife teaches at a high school in Essex near basildon. Walking down the corridor she heard some year tens (14-15 years old) discussing the prowess of stevie may and his "Reem" hair....she stopped and had to clarify with the group of boys that she had heard correct, and she had. They asked my wife how she knows about stevie may to which she replied that he is her husbands pin up and her husband is a saints fan....in unison the all said "shurrraaap". She then explained that I had gone to the final etc etc and was born in Perth. True story...."the only way is stevie"

Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

He is known of and getting some attention down here in Shrewsbury too. As well as a very good player he does look very different to most players too. The Ryan Sidebottom of Scottish Football. :wink:

Ok this is random, but highlights just how the stevie may appeal isn't just with saints fans nor just in Perth. True story...My wife teaches at a high school in Essex near basildon. Walking down the corridor she heard some year tens (14-15 years old) discussing the prowess of stevie may and his "Reem" hair....she stopped and had to clarify with the group of boys that she had heard correct, and she had. They asked my wife how she knows about stevie may to which she replied that he is her husbands pin up and her husband is a saints fan....in unison the all said "shurrraaap". She then explained that I had gone to the final etc etc and was born in Perth. True story...."the only way is stevie"

Brilliant story, but please discourage them from following ICT.

Ha, ha....yes I totaly didn't click that ICT (information, computing, technology) was the same as the other ICT!

Its funny because I got "May 17" badly shaved in the back of my head for the final and the barber in Thundersley in Essex had heard of Stevie boy as well.

But it is random to think young lads who would normaly discuss West ham in this area, are talking about May.

I think it's the Sky, internet thing. Abody knows athing know. So good to hear of lads down in Ingerland taking an interest in Wir Boy, and Scottish footy in general.

Kudos for the shaving. How did that go down with the Headmaster?

I had it shaved right out with a number 1 back and sides LAUGH OUT LOUD

Couldnt really make it out after that.

Many, many years ago I convinced my management of my entire work (a Government agency) to give us a pm off cos Scotland were playing in the world cup.

NOTE for younger readers: the World Cup is a football championship which Scotland qualified for regularly many, many years ago. England will lose in the last 16 on penalties sometime in late June).

500 people. The chances of that ever happening again now are diddly-squat.

Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

Chances of 500 people getting the afternoon off to watch footie or Scotland qualifying for the world cup? :wink:

Many, many years ago I convinced my management of my entire work (a Government agency) to give us a pm off cos Scotland were playing in the world cup.

NOTE for younger readers: the World Cup is a football championship which Scotland qualified for regularly many, many years ago. England will lose in the last 16 on penalties sometime in late June).

500 people. The chances of that ever happening again now are diddly-squat.

In a similar vain a wee boy in my class was pretending that his collection of rubbers were footballers and he was making them all have a kick about. The rubber that scored the winning goal was Stevie May!

God, how long is this going to go on? Fell asleep during the 43,986 crap documentary about Ingerland, with obligatory 123,574,345,198 showing of the "it's all over - it is now" and woke up just now shouting "YES - Scottish Cup".

There should be a book - "How to behave if you've never won anything before".