Pa Announcer

uphallsaint

Never understood a word the announcer says - although its probably my hearing ;)

No I agree....think they need a new tannoy system @ McD! Struggle every week to hear what is being said. Last game was particularly bad. Lost count of how many half time draws I've missed. Hate to admit but the sound system at Tannadice is braw in comparison....disappointed that no decent music played after the final whistle....a missed opportunity?!

No I agree....think they need a new tannoy system @ McD! Struggle every week to hear what is being said. Last game was particularly bad. Lost count of how many half time draws I've missed. Hate to admit but the sound system at Tannadice is braw in comparison....disappointed that no decent music played after the final whistle....a missed opportunity?!

===========================================================================================================

Couldn't help but notice while at Septic Park the other week, you could hear announcements/music in the bogs.

I'm not suggesting we should copy this, but perhaps speakers in the catering areas might be a help.

Edited by HOODLUM65

Kevin has said on numerous occasions that the club won't invest in a new PA system.  Ours has been pants for years.  The club clearly have other priorities though, which I can understand, but I do think the atmosphere/experience could be improved by being able to hear what is being played and said.  The Saints are Coming by the Skids should really get us all pumped up when the team comes out, but the insipid round of applause that greets our heroes rather echoes the feeble output on the tannoy.  By the way, who else thinks this standing in a line shaking hands pish has helped kill the rapture of seeing the team come out of the tunnel?

Kevin has said on numerous occasions that the club won't invest in a new PA system. Ours has been pants for years. The club clearly have other priorities though, which I can understand, but I do think the atmosphere/experience could be improved by being able to hear what is being played and said. The Saints are Coming by the Skids should really get us all pumped up when the team comes out, but the insipid round of applause that greets our heroes rather echoes the feeble output on the tannoy. By the way, who else thinks this standing in a line shaking hands pish has helped kill the rapture of seeing the team come out of the tunnel?

Your right. It has all become to sanitised and polite. Shake hands after if needs be, but before and during the game, the players should be hating each other and doing all they can to beat the other team.

What next, having to politely clap the opposition onto the pitch?! ;-)

The Saints are Coming by the Skids should really get us all pumped up when the team comes out

Don't get to see games in person that much these days, but it had been The Liquidator the last few times I was at McD, with what sounded like a small handful of people clapping along. Then whatever that trumpet noise that was being used recently. Both fairly cringeworthy. Came across horribly when watching on TV or listening on the radio.

It should just be kept simple and upbeat. The Saints Are Coming is a great choice. I remember that being played when I was younger and going to games regularly in the late 90s, used to love it. Definitely worked.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts