Pitch

Guest Mongy Max

I think it will be fine. Yes it was patchy on last game of season, but the grass that was there grew in really well after 2 weeks of good weather. That grass was really thick and good quality.

I think it will be fine afte the summer.

Should we be playing the under 20 games on it?

I dont think we play too many games on it, but I agree that we shouldn't play any. I think most SPL teams play their U20 games at junior grounds, we have a perfect good one here in Glenrothes that I'm sure Saints could play U20 games on, would save me travelling to Perth :)

SFA should be the pioneers of this...conditions and crowds cant get any worse imo and think without epl games the tv companies would want to compete for rights as no football for the summer is a nightmare.

I've said it for years summer football is really one of the only ways Scottish Football can flourish. Am you pointed out it would be the obly dendet football played in British at this time so would more publicity and would attract more people as games would not be played on cold days and nights

Also sponsors would be more likely to invest due to the spotlight being on the SPL during the summer months

I've said it for years summer football is really one of the only ways Scottish Football can flourish. Am you pointed out it would be the obly dendet football played in British at this time so would more publicity and would attract more people as games would not be played on cold days and nights

Itl never happen though will it? The powers that be would never agree to it and also the clubs themselves cant agree on anything,the whole saga with league deconstruction is a complete joke.

Also sponsors would be more likely to invest due to the spotlight being on the SPL during the summer months

Pitch is heading towards great shape. With all the sun and rain, growth is now excellent and it will be like a bowling green come the end of July... :wink: 

==================

Looking at it last week I don`t think it will be ok for the new season without at least a top dressing. The grass was far to clumpy to be a smooth playing surface next season.

I dont think we play too many games on it, but I agree that we shouldn't play any. I think most SPL teams play their U20 games at junior grounds, we have a perfect good one here in Glenrothes that I'm sure Saints could play U20 games on, would save me travelling to Perth :)

=====

Did they not lay a good playing surface at the overspill car park. Could it not be used for training & under 20 games ?.

SFA should be the pioneers of this...conditions and crowds cant get any worse imo and think without epl games the tv companies would want to compete for rights as no football for the summer is a nightmare.

====================================================

The S F A ?

They're only interested in pioneering the wellbeing of one thing in Scotland shirley? 

• 2 weeks later...