Mcdairmid Park Smoking Area

saint sid

Well if you see the "designated smoke zone" where i work then you would change your mind.

Its a sh*t hole. 

Fags all over the ground, packets just chucked on the ground. They always end up having to pay people to come in and clean it up because the smokers are incapable of using bins. 

Well if you see the "designated smoke zone" where i work then you would change your mind.

Its a sh*t hole. 

Fags all over the ground, packets just chucked on the ground. They always end up having to pay people to come in and clean it up because the smokers are incapable of using bins. 

Exactly,not only do they pollute their body & the atmosphere. They are the dirtiest bastards under the son & they pollute the whole place. I have never seen a smoking area that didn`t look a tip. 

I think we would most likely lose more supporters by allowing this step backwards in time than gain or keep any. In this day and age of encouraging healthy living, who wants to send their child to a smoke filled atmosphere. What happens to the young kids, get left on their own or have to leave their seats with their selfish parents at H/T. This is no surprise from a country that has the worst heart disease record in Europe. What's next, stop the movie at the cinema for 15 minutes half way through so somebody can have a fag. This comes on the same day that our English cousins are debating stopping smoking in Tragfalgar Square, outdoor meeting places and public parks. We are a disgrace on the health front. I bet the ones pushing this still smoke in their own living rooms and their wives smoke through pregnancy........Disgraceful !!!! 

Drama Queen of the forum award on the cards here like :idea:

if anyone can be bothered, you should read athens post back with any one of the voices from that cringe worthy program loose women :laugh:

Standing and drinking are way ahead in the queue, and even drinking is pretty questionable. 

being made to sit on a shitey plastic seat is another reason i go to less and less games.

i'm all for standing at the game and having a beer, recon it would get fans in early and create an atmosphere along with making the club money, but the nazis don't allow it but  that's not what this thread is about.

Given McD is an open space with swirling wind, the answer is that it would blow your smoke all over myself and any present children, no matter when located (although to different extents), as well as the mess mentioned above.

Drama Queen runner up prize for you i recon, you should live on the moon

People wanting smoking area at a sports ground.........Brilliant !!!

this is football fans we are talking about, football fans ffs  :shock:

here we go again , nicotine nazi alert.

maybe they should ban toilets in grounds.if you can't keep from going for two hours then maybe some should seek help !

why are people using the hospitality suites allowed out for a smoke but non users of the hospitality aren't ? if you can't keep from smoking for two hours maybe then some should seek help !

whats wrong with letting people out to have a smoke?

live and let live

Your use of Nazi is greatly offensive and nullifies any point your making.

My main concern is the health of my 5 year old son. I don't think its much to ask for him to be able to use a toilet that is not filled full of smoke considering there are no vents to extract it out.

It is a criminal offence, why not just smoke in pubs and restaurants again. Why not smoke where ever you want. Who cares eh?

If a smokers area opens up you need 4, one for each stand.

Don't know why people are in such a nicker twist on this. Most sporting grounds across the world and here in the Texas have designated smoking areas. Here, we have FC Dallas, Cowboys Stadium, even the indoor American Airlines Arena, all with smoking areas (and lots of booze) no policing of it, just areas with those built in standing ashtrays, usually in corners away from mainstream. They are non-intrusive, you don't smell much smoke unless you stand with the smokers and its part and parcel of freedom of choice.

It seems easily catered to, what's the big fuss doing this at saints?

Its not Saints decision to make though is it, It is a law of the country that you can not smoke in a pub. restaurant, football ground, It can get down to your house actually if you have a person in to do work in your council house you can be made to not smoke when the work is taking place. So it is the Law that needs to change, I would bet Saints like most clubs and pubs would be quite happy to let people smoke in the ground!.    

Don't know why people are in such a nicker twist on this. Most sporting grounds across the world and here in the Texas have designated smoking areas. Here, we have FC Dallas, Cowboys Stadium, even the indoor American Airlines Arena, all with smoking areas (and lots of booze) no policing of it, just areas with those built in standing ashtrays, usually in corners away from mainstream. They are non-intrusive, you don't smell much smoke unless you stand with the smokers and its part and parcel of freedom of choice.

Obviously not California then.

Don't know why people are in such a nicker twist on this. Most sporting grounds across the world and here in the Texas have designated smoking areas. Here, we have FC Dallas, Cowboys Stadium, even the indoor American Airlines Arena, all with smoking areas (and lots of booze) no policing of it, just areas with those built in standing ashtrays, usually in corners away from mainstream. They are non-intrusive, you don't smell much smoke unless you stand with the smokers and its part and parcel of freedom of choice.

Exactly , to many folk in this country get their knickers in a twist over feck all , and that's coming from the worst kind of anti smoker "an ex smoker" I know only to well what it's like to sit gaspin for a fag at the fitbaw and it's not nice , just open the doors at half time with a steward at each one and give the smokers a smoke , a lot of fuss over shite on here.

pubs and clubs manage to have an outside smoking area without any hassle. why cant a football club?

some folk cant go 2 hours without a puff, forget TV, clubs themselves are driving customers away.

open the gates at half time, far away from anyone who dislikes smoke, and use a few stewards to police it. its not ****ing rocket science

Obviously not California then.

--------------------------

Do yer homework Athens!  

Stadiums I've visited in Cali you can smoke at designated areas, some stadiums give you a wee wristband and let you back in. Few months back was at an Anaheim Angel's game and they had many smoking sections, all over. I was drunk, so found myself in several of them during the 4 hour event, (disgusting habit I tell you!). ...............where there's a demand you cater, and I have never seen it being an issue to others, especially outdoors, you simply don't see or notice it.

A smoking 'section' is a ****ing stupid idea. And I'm a dirty clorty smoker.

Just open the door and let folk have a puff if they want. It doesn't need policed. It's common practice down south, with hunners of fans going out for a smoke with nae hassle at all.

As it happens though I couldn't give a shit, it's only an hour and a half.

Another shite game, another fag in the bogs. These stewards are ****ing hopeless at catching  us smokers.

puff puff puffity puff.. :twisted:

Maybe soon I won't have to sneak about like a naughty schoolboy eh..Easy solution Saints.. Open the doors :wink:

So there were No creepy coppers creeping around the crappy crappers, creeping out the genuine crappers who wanna crap in the crappy crappers that the creepy coppers creep is what you're saying?

Edited by saint sid