Perth Graffitti

saint sid

----- ----- fingered a cat.

written on the old bridge to bridgend, always made me chuckle anytime i passed, it was on the bridge for many years with the guys full name. :oops:

JEAN RATTERY spraypainted on a wall on the north inch was pretty funny aswell, dunno if its still there.

any other decent or funny graffitti spring to mind for anyone?

For a while a couple of years ago there was a dude chalking and painting weird wee messages up and down the New Row, and also leaving wee cardboard drawings stuck to things. Always stuff about Yosser Hughes and the Royal Dundee Liff Hospital. Well weird. Never could figure out what it was about.

Leavers from the Academy had the tradition of leaving some err.... visual reminder of their presence. Kerr was the rector at the time and Kerr's Cafe signs led to the dinner hall at Viewlands Rd.

Some other things that got done....

"Wombles Masturbate" and "Grow yer hair" in three foot high letters on the roof.

Someone painted "News at Ten" on the clock tower and nailed the hands at the appointed hour (a bit of the clock fell through the roof and nearly brained Baldy Miller the next day)

Someone dug up the cricket pitch and filled it with oil from the tractor. A certain Perthling grassed me off for doing that but it wisnae me (the erstwhile Hon. Member for Falkirk may know something of that matter). I loved cricket and captained the team, would never do that, but Corky disliked me as I was from Letham and couldnae wait to expel me. I set my auld man on him and was reinstated within an hour, while "enquiries" were made to establish the guilty party hehe.

Kerrs Café pointing the way to the Academy then more on the roof when you got there. I cant remember what that was but think it was pretty abusive

----- ----- fingered a cat.

written on the old bridge to bridgend, always made me chuckle anytime i passed, it was on the bridge for many years with the guys full name. :oops:

JEAN RATTERY spraypainted on a wall on the north inch was pretty funny aswell, dunno if its still there.

any other decent or funny graffitti spring to mind for anyone?

Sid, have you no died of smokin yet ???

my only effort at being a graffitti artist was drawing a large cock,n,balls on the michelin man at the creiff rd garage when i was pished.

having forgotten about it by monday, my mate and me nearly pished ourselves going down on the bus in the morning and seeing the michelin man with a big smile and thumbs up with the raging hard-on.

a couple of weeks later someone coloured in the bell-end, red :laugh:

• 1 month later...

One off the funniest pieces off graffiti I saw was on the crapper walls on a new hospital job I worked on in Edmonton.

The general contractor had pushed the boat on them flush toilets painted white walls not your usual construction shitter, then some guy starts drawing on the walls wie black magic marker but they weren't yir stick figures they were brilliant, so this went on for a while you even looked forward going for a bog visit one morning I go and the feckin painters are painting everything black even they were sorry to cover up the drawings and is was like taking a crap in a tunnel wie the black walls.

But two days later the mystery artist wis back he switched to a white marker it wis feckin priceless the general contractor wis feckin beelin and the thing wis nobody knew who he or she was