Motm Saints 1 - Partick 1 28/09/13

ex-montrosesaintee

MOTM Saints 1 - Partick 1 28/09/13  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Millar showed more creativity and quality than I've seen from him before, but equally made more mistakes than usual.

I believe he has had not one, not two, but three shots on target in his last two games, and all of them forced excellent saves. That's doubled his shots on target tally as a saints player in a week!

The more I watch the potential creativity of Millar, Wotherspoon and Nigel, the more I think we need to drop MacLean and play 4-5-1.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Maclean gets my vote.slowstart but came on to a great game after his classy finish.Millar was superb in the 2nd half but dire in the 1st. Thought Easton looked good defensively but not convincing going forward. Muzz is a bit of a worry. Put in his usual commited performance but appears to be struggling to really get involved with the passing. Sure he will come good.

Paddy for me - the fact the defence looked ok was down to the work he was doing in front on them. After he went off they looked more exposed.

Special mention for Chris Millar - second half he came into a decent game. Bean be one of our most creative players - first half begotten caught in possession a few times but that was because there was nobody helping him out and giving him options. Second half movement was much better so he looked much better.

Also, despite the abuse he takes, he never tries to hide, he's always looking for the ball.

May for me always positive an looking to shoot.

Can't believe folk voting for fraser who pulled up to watch their goall

I was baffled as well by Fraser's involvement, or lack of, at the goal, but if you read the current Ando injury thread the popular belief is that he was distracted by the squeals of pain from his team mate. I was too far away to hear that, or to see exactly how close Wright was, but I was certainly very disappointed in him at the time.

If he was indeed distracted, then all is forgiven.

Can anyone who was sitting closer to the incident elaborate?

Had Frazer tried to keep it out, I reckon 9 times out of 10 it would have gone in his own net. I think for a split second he either thought it was going wide or Ando's scream distracted him. I was in line with the 6 yard line, and I thought it was missing too, but it went in off the post. Hard to blame him, but I think I'd rather he scored an OG than left it to chance.

Had Frazer tried to keep it out, I reckon 9 times out of 10 it would have gone in his own net. I think for a split second he either thought it was going wide or Ando's scream distracted him. I was in line with the 6 yard line, and I thought it was missing too, but it went in off the post. Hard to blame him, but I think I'd rather he scored an OG than left it to chance.

I seem to be agreeing with a lot of your posts recently ms, and this one's no different, I'd rather he'd scored an own goal in trying to clear it than just watched it roll in.

I wouldn't say it to his face mind you!