Tam Cowan

Dr Christmas Jones

Not had a post on here for a long time.

Had to respond to smary arab though.  A fantastic post.  Best i have seen on here.

Amongst the male chavinists, racists and bigots (babychunder, jim morton, mogs, athens saint) which manifest the majority of our support, yes, we are worse than the old firm when it comes to neandrathal behavior, we have someone with decency and intellect.

If you dont like the country we live in which respects people  then p$£s off.

Well done mate.

Amongst the male chavinists, racists and bigots (babychunder, jim morton, mogs, athens saint) which manifest the majority of our support, yes, we are worse than the old firm when it comes to neandrathal behavior, we have someone with decency and intellect.

I'm anticipating a lot of love coming your way :mellow:

I'm also pretty concerned that you think you have the right to call these people such things. I am pretty confident that they are none of the categories you stated, just normal folk able to have a grown up conversation about the state of our 'pc' nation and able to express views which folk like you think should never be even discussed

Edited by Edstar101

Oh, and the guys who usually have a go at ladies football are usually about as a sporty as pie and double chips.

You don't need to be an athlete to have an opinion on sport. I'm sure you are being derogatory about fat people there.....shame on you and your illusion of being the perfect citizen of the world

Interesting debate this though. I agree with much of what smarmy said, and very well explained it was too. I struggle to make my mind up on issues of equality and political correctness, as it is no longer possible to make a clear decision, because there are a million versions of what is right and wrong bombarding me from all angles.

Freedom of speech is no longer true, and freedom of thought is fast being removed from the world.

I want to make my own mind up about things. In the same respect, my opinion should not be of interest to anyone else, because it would potentially influence theirs.

Not had a post on here for a long time.

Had to respond to smary arab though.  A fantastic post.  Best i have seen on here.

If you dont like the country we live in which respects people  then p$£s off.

Well done mate.

Soupy apart from hitting the nail on the head with Mogs being a Male chauvinist........I thought you were my mate : (

One of the best ways to counteract these sorts of things ending in 'ism' is to make fun of it.  Unfortunately as we have seen, there are many people who just don't understand when something is being sent up as a parody, or an attempt at humour. 

Perhaps we are all becoming so afraid to use the word 'black' (even when describing coal) that satirical humour aimed at mocking extremism will have to end, unless pre-fixed with a long explanation for the hard of understanding.

This is what my previous post tried to point out, including an 'out of character' use of expletives to deliberately cause offence in a mocking manner.

Having never kicked in a gay person outside a night club, or discriminated against someone because they were different in some way, or abused a woman, I can't really dig why I mustn't diss the PC brigade? After all, the central tenet of their argument is that everyone should be treated equally, and accordingly their opinions should be given the same weight. Why is it then, when I offer an opinion which is at odds with the PC agenda, that they all line up to dis me and dub me a bigot etc.

As a practical example, it's got to the point in the UK where we can't have Xmas parties in some workplaces without offending some non-Christian folks. Not that I'm religious or anything, but why should one lot care about another lot having a wee party and a bit of fun?

Edited by babychunder

Not going to get to involved in this, as it's all very easy to end up with folk getting upset.

However.....

1. Tam was trying to be funny, in his way. I didn't get it, because the sub-editor's headlines confused me. I thought they we're saying, Christ, look what Tam's written now? So I thought it was for real. Without the poor headline, not a bad bit of satire, but it was in the Retard, where satire is how the Scottish flag is spelt. Tam really should be writing for a paper whose reader's don't move their lips when they're reading.

2. The Scottish wimmins team is doing stonkingly good right now. How about getting behind them? (Stop it).I noticed some of the mods voting up Smarmy's post. So how about a wimmins Scottish footy section here and something on the site to encourage wimmin posters? Put your action where the PC is.

3. Reading through all the "I'm not a right-wing extremist, it's just that you're all too sensitive" posts, the one comment that leapt out was the bloke (no names, and I don't want to stat an argument) was the guy who said he "tolerates" blacks, gays, etc. Honestly, WTF? Seriously? Someone else's skin colour is something for you to choose to "tolerate" or not? Mirror, find one, look in it.

4. Having said all that, daft, extreme examples of PC ARE funny, and there is no harm in pointing them out and having a laugh.

Ye say ye're not going to get involved or start an argument, yet ye expect to have a free pop at me?

Here's a free English tute for you. "Tolerant" in the context I used it means "showing or characterised by broad mindedness" or "showing respect for the rights or opinions or practices of others".

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/tolerant

I live those values by forcing myself to read the pish posted by you and the likes o you every other day on this site.

Ye say ye're not going to get involved or start an argument, yet ye expect to have a free pop at me?

Here's a free English tute for you. "Tolerant" in the context I used it means "showing or characterised by broad mindedness" or "showing respect for the rights or opinions or practices of others".

I live those values by forcing myself to read the pish posted by you and the likes o you every other day on this site.

So you'd be fine if a black bloke said to you, "I tolerate white people". You'd seriously have no problems with that. Or, if you did, you'd then be fine if he gave you a link to a dictionary.

And there you go. "The likes of you". Your comfort zone is to group people and then slag the group. Cos that real bigs you up, ey?

So you'd be fine if a black bloke said to you, "I tolerate white people". You'd seriously have no problems with that. Or, if you did, you'd then be fine if he gave you a link to a dictionary.

And there you go. "The likes of you". Your comfort zone is to group people and then slag the group. Cos that real bigs you up, ey?

Sorry fecked up the post.

I am a regular listener to Off the Ball... It isn't called the most petty & ill informed show for nothing! That is its strength, a show that reflects the views of all not just the usual old firm!

I have heard Tam on many occasions try to stir up some debate by making some deliberately derogatory sexist remark!? But do you know something? Despite being a 'thick' football fan I realise his taunt is deliberate baiting and ignore it.

I have to agree with a previous poster ...the show loses its dynamic when either Cosgrove or Cowan are on their own. Each brings the best out of each other.

I don't read the 'Daily Retard' since it ran a campaign to sack Bertie Vogts! Not the most civilised thing to do to another human being, so can't comment on the offending column but anyone who either employs Cowan as a columnist or broadcaster knows his brand of humour so shouldn't be throwing their hands up in alarm at the first sign of controversy! Shame on them. The sooner he is re installed the better!

So you'd be fine if a black bloke said to you, "I tolerate white people". You'd seriously have no problems with that. Or, if you did, you'd then be fine if he gave you a link to a dictionary.And there you go. "The likes of you". Your comfort zone is to group people and then slag the group. Cos that real bigs you up, ey?Sorry fecked up the post.

I group you with the PC and professional offence taking brigade. The **** do you know about what I'd do in this or that situation? I don't need to get the better of people like you on a web forum to bolster my self estemem or parade my PC credentials. As a matter of fact my first long term partner was black and that should tell you all you need to know.

I am a regular listener to Off the Ball... It isn't called the most petty & ill informed show for nothing! That is its strength, a show that reflects the views of all not just the usual old firm!

I have heard Tam on many occasions try to stir up

some debate by making some deliberately derogatory sexist remark!? But do you know something? Despite being a 'thick' football fan I realise his taunt is deliberate baiting and ignore it.

I have to agree with a previous poster ...the show loses its dynamic when either Cosgrove or Cowan are on their own. Each brings the best out of each other.

I don't read the 'Daily Retard' since it ran a campaign to sack Bertie Vogts! Not the most civilised thing to do to another human being, so can't comment on the offending column but anyone who either employs Cowan as a columnist or broadcaster knows his brand of humour so shouldn't be throwing their hands up in alarm at the first sign of controversy! Shame on them. The sooner he is re installed the better!

===========

Start a campaign, "Tam must be re-instated"

Must admit, haven't listened to "off the ball" for some time.