Fans Banned

sjfc.spl.09-10

Seriously, is there not a happy medium? HSF seems to want everyone to sit under tartan rugs and suck worthers originals all game, and the young lads want to start battles with the 'best fans in the world' that they (a) will lose, and (b ) end up in hospital/jail/court/banned, and seriously affect the good name that saints have built up over many years.

If Celtic fans set off 1000 smoke bombs, and Saints fans set off 1, the media WILL make itall about Saints fans starting trouble. If Saints fans behave, then maybe, just maybe, Celtic will suffer the repercussions they have deserved for years.

Seriously, is there not a happy medium? HSF seems to want everyone to sit under tartan rugs and suck worthers originals all game, and the young lads want to start battles with the 'best fans in the world' that they (a) will lose, and (b ) end up in hospital/jail/court/banned, and seriously affect the good name that saints have built up over many years.

If Celtic fans set off 1000 smoke bombs, and Saints fans set off 1, the media WILL make itall about Saints fans starting trouble. If Saints fans behave, then maybe, just maybe, Celtic will suffer the repercussions they have deserved for years.

Would imagine if it all goes pear shaped then it will be Police Scotland who have to take responsibility as Saints are doing everything on the polis says so - Wonder what will happen IF things kick off in the Celtic stands ie banners and songs etc.

Nothing major will happen in regards to Celtic.

Any bollocks will be blamed on the *yawn*Green Brigade.

Celtic will pay for any damage and it will be a drop in the ocean for them financially.

A spokescunt for the *sigh* Green Brigade will release a painfull to read statement condeming the actions and denying it was any of their team/crew/faction/club.

To the best if my knowledge, saints haven't done anything, the police have.

If the young crew are genuinely there to support the team, then perhaps they should (by their own decision) move to the middle of the east stand and leave the septic fans to dig their own graves. That would irritate them more than any singing or chanting, and avoid any bother for Saints.

To the best if my knowledge, saints haven't done anything, the police have.

If the young crew are genuinely there to support the team, then perhaps they should (by their own decision) move to the middle of the east stand and leave the septic fans to dig their own graves. That would irritate them more than any singing or chanting, and avoid any bother for Saints.

Move to the middle Jee Whizz and have all the ST holders who sit there shift !!

Any person who risks putting the club in a bad position (Media, financial) is not a saints fan in my eyes. Teams like celtic have the sort of money to throw around at fines for seats getting broken, flares/smoke bombs etc. whereas saints don't.

For once, do what the club/police say and accept that rules are rules, even if it is for something as petty as not being allowed a banner in.

Anyway, its gonna be 3-0 to us anyway so no need to worry, COYS

2 sides to this as always. Club have to protect themselves and can't be seen to be allowing fans to flaunt whatever rules the police advise.

However, on the other side, the problems lie with Celtic. If their fans misbehave, then it is their problem. I don't have issues with celtic's flags so much ( although I don't like them) but more so with the general behaviour of their fans and the songs. I will not take my kids to any saints v Celtic/rangers games, but if I did, why should they not be allowed to waive a saints flag that I can buy from the club shop at the game?

Deal with the individuals involved and leavee the sensible majority to enjoy the game.

As far as I am concerned, the boys at the front of the east do little wrong (smoke bombs aside) so let them be.

They should however be under no illusion that police scotland will take action during games ( their own admission) against large crowds, so whatever Celtic fans get up to, leave them too it and they will be dealt with after the event.

Edited by TheYellowBox

I don't know any of the younger lads particularly but from what I do know IF any of them are on twitter saying they are going to fight casuals they are simply lining themselves up for a complete beating because none of them are capable of fighting their own sleep, never mind a grown man.

If they have been on twitter giving it the big man, it serves them right. Its the only way they are going to learn.

Aww what do you know :laugh:

I fully appreciate that Saints need all the fans they can muster,however if any fan causes the club to look bad,to be fined or other measures taken then this is wrong.

There are lots of ways to show your support for our club without falling foul of the law.

I can fully understand the reasons for the banners and flags ban for this one match,and will be very interested to see how it pans out.

Celtic have yet to buy their allocation and are giving away thousands of free tickets for their next home match.This tells me that the greatest fans in the world are getting fed up with all the negativity from a rump of their own fans.

Lets hope this match is rememb ered for the fitba and a Saints win !   COYS!!!

I love the fact that the 'young crew' bring an atmosphere to games. However, I will not accept it if it also brings detriment to the club in either damage to reputation or financial penalties.

If some of these boys (not all of them) display the attitude on various other social media sites that they display on here, then I feel that they have nobody to blame but themselves if they find they are at odds with either the club or the police.

The police have better things to do that spend time hassling young lads 'who have done nothing wrong'. If they have come to the attention of the police, then there is good reason.....whether that be actual previous misdemeanors or just mouthing off on social forums. Policing of the world of social media is one of the fastest growing aspects of policing. 

The funny thing is, those that spout off on Twitter etc are often the first to accuse those who post rational points of being 'keyboard warriors' 

St Johnstone and/or the police CANNOT state 'let Celtic dig their own grave' or 'we expect trouble from the Green Brigade' or any such thing, because it'd be libellous and inflammatory.

Even in a private email to ST holders, or even just to those that concern them. If such an email fell into the wrong hands the repurcussions would be dreadful.

I think both Saints and the Police have gone as far as they can to insinuate that this is the message they want folk to get. I just wish some of the pathologically angry and aggressive youngsters would see that.

In my opinion, if the best fans in the world kick off and the saints fans completely ignore them it would be one of the most memorably funny and entertaining things imaginable.

Any person who risks putting the club in a bad position (Media, financial) is not a saints fan in my eyes. Teams like celtic have the sort of money to throw around at fines for seats getting broken, flares/smoke bombs etc. whereas saints don't.

For once, do what the club/police say and accept that rules are rules, even if it is for something as petty as not being allowed a banner in.

There is much less chance of Celtic fans causing bother if their team wins. I think St Johnstone should let them win so as to not "put the club in  abad position". For once SJFC,     do what the club/police say and accept that rules are rules, even if it is for something as petty as not being allowed a banner in.  :roll:

Reports do seem to indicate that Celtic' s ticket allocation is far from sold out.  The TV camaras, however, will still be there in force ready to zoom in on any post Motherwell reacton from the Celtic fans who do attend.  TV would like nothing better than for some of these fans to make a fool of themselves and their precious club.  Worst scenario from Saints viewpoint is that the **** that turn up are not of the dim variety and actually behave themselves.  God help us and our well earned reputation as a well run club if some of our young team nonetheless manage to let off a smoke bomb or two.  The TV camaras will not care who they zoom in on!

Police are just making it harder for themselves

It won't be hard for the police if folk don't act like twats and try and take smoke boms, flares and or flags and banners into the ground. Straight forward enough if you want to be trusted play ball. If you want to be stamped on form a great height ignore police advice.