Dundee Utd V Saints 27/1/14 Kick Off 19:45

rik2304

Smarmy Arab, I believe the referee should have taken a greater control of the game straight away and the cards were out later than they should have been and by that time the game had become the bad tempered affair it was going to be. The fouls that were committed by both sides that went unpunished were atrocious, and I think that United got the rub of the green off the Ref in the 1st half, we did in the 2nd.

I have to say now I know that TW was defending his players then if that's what he is doing then its an honorable sending off really. JMc should not be slagging off the opposition whilst the opposition is 5 yards away...

Good battling by Saints, scrappy win but we deserve a bit of luck for a change.

Once again lossi fair comment.....the only caveat is that Jmac will shout his mouth off regardless of who is in the vicinity...all managers do I would expect no less. If I may stick my head above the parapet to say that when refs allow the game to flow it can be the making of the game....I just wondered if in this instance he changed policy for the last 20 minutes and punished 6 players after having allowed all sorts to go unpunished, to the detriment of the spectacle. But equally I take your point about authority being lax, and the ref then being a victim of his own erroneous policy.

And did you manage to hear what was said on any of yer gizmos?  No, you didn't.  You're just determined to defend MacNamara at every turn.  I have no idea what was said either, but I'm not the one trying to pass judgement on it.  What I would say is that your manager continually behaves like a wee girl when things don't go his way.

Good to see you concede my/your match attendance counts for phuc all. Where did I defend Jmac exactly? I just opined that managers will often see the game from their own partisan position and this will lead to conflict. In a square go Big Tam would be favourite, but we are more civilised than that now....like I say I'm confident both will calm down and shake on it at the next opportunity. Unless people want to build this into a grudge situation.....that can be good copy!

Once again lossi fair comment.....the only caveat is that Jmac will shout his mouth off regardless of who is in the vicinity...all managers do I would expect no less. If I may stick my head above the parapet to say that when refs allow the game to flow it can be the making of the game....I just wondered if in this instance he changed policy for the last 20 minutes and punished 6 players after having allowed all sorts to go unpunished, to the detriment of the spectacle. But equally I take your point about authority being lax, and the ref then being a victim of his own erroneous policy.

Good to see you concede my/your match attendance counts for phuc all. Where did I defend Jmac exactly? I just opined that managers will often see the game from their own partisan position and this will lead to conflict. In a square go Big Tam would be favourite, but we are more civilised than that now....like I say I'm confident both will calm down and shake on it at the next opportunity. Unless people want to build this into a grudge situation.....that can be good copy!

Maybe defend was the wrong word.  But there's no doubt that you're trying to deflect blame from him - now trying to justify his behaviour by saying all managers do it.  McNamara continually blames everyone but his team if they lose - not all managers do that.  And you're right, attendance or non-attendance at the game made no difference to knowing what he said.  However, as I said, I wasn't the one who tried to pass judgement on a situation when I didn't have any facts of what may or may not have been said.  

Edited by jhq

As clear a penalty I've seen this season.........I hate aspects of the modern game.

Like having incredibly blinkered vision? I guess that isn't a modern problem.

The El-Alagui one could arguably have been given, as O'Halloran did definitely make contact with him, but the referee probably didn't give it as it categorically wasn't a clear penalty, given he flung himself to the floor theatrically and had already lost the ball.

Maybe defend was the wrong word.  But there's no doubt that you're trying to deflect blame from him - now trying to justify his behaviour by saying all managers do it.  McNamara continually blames everyone but his team if they lose - not all managers do that.  And you're right, attendance or non-attendance at the game made no difference to knowing what he said.  However, as I said, I wasn't the one who tried to pass judgement on a situation when I didn't have any facts of what may or may not have been said.  

Managers see the game differently...hold the back page!

The GMS one was not a penalty, as O'Halloran got the ball first, GMS did not dive though, the challenge brought him down, but the ref was correct. Farid's was of the stonewall variety, he took a touch and was wiped out......why is it not a penalty?

Sometimes a legit penalty can be made to look less clear cut when the player being challenged goes down like a $10 crack whore.

He threw himself across the front of O'Halloran, forcing contact, and then went down like a sack of spuds. I hate cheats.

I watched it about four times and never saw him throw himself down before the contact. I don't know if he had been diving before it and maybe that is why the ref didn't give it. As I said earlier, as an isolated incident the video footage on youtube makes it look a stone wall penalty.

I would have been raging if that were a Saints player in the same situation.

You're at it Montrose! :laugh:

You are harder to hook than ODAB Smarmy.

I do think he looked for the contact, but I've seen them given nine times out of ten. As I said earlier, like the Robben one on Tuesday, I think he moved to try and win the penalty, but defenders should deal with that. O'Halloran isn't a defender and that may be part of the reason he didn't avoid contact. I'd have been raging if we didn't get it were it the other way round.

Edited by montrosesaintee

I was not at the game so the only evidence I can use is that provided by BBC and Youtube. From what I can see there the O'Halloran on El aliigui not a penalty, the Ryan Gauld appeal the referee played advantage he got his shot away (he duffed it....that's life) so therefore the Ref could not then take it back and give a free kick (note: free kick and not penalty as it was about a mile outside the penalty area), The Wotherspoon on GMS if I am being honest I would be raging if that was not given if it had been reversed but as I said above "that's life" get over it.

Other than that I thought Allan Mannus was fantastic can SM claim that goal it should surely go down as an OG. Oh and Jackie Mac is almost as big an arse as Derek Adams.

Finally Tommy was immense

I was not at the game so the only evidence I can use is that provided by BBC and Youtube. From what I can see there the O'Halloran on El aliigui not a penalty, the Ryan Gauld appeal the referee played advantage he got his shot away (he duffed it....that's life) so therefore the Ref could not then take it back and give a free kick (note: free kick and not penalty as it was about a mile outside the penalty area), The Wotherspoon on GMS if I am being honest I would be raging if that was not given if it had been reversed but as I said above "that's life" get over it.

Other than that I thought Allan Mannus was fantastic can SM claim that goal it should surely go down as an OG. Oh and Jackie Mac is almost as big an arse as Derek Adams.

Finally Tommy was immense

GMS one did look stone wall from where i was standing at the game too...

Others wasn't convinced!

Was great to win though.