Your Top 5 Saints Players This Season

Saintietilidie

Five best players, we are fortunate that we have many good players this season. The third best defense and a top goal scorer in the league so no surprise for my top 3

1. May

2. Anderson

3. Mannus

My other two are players who made the team tick with their contributions.

4. McLean

5 Wotherspoon

The remainder are equal 6th

But if someone else scores a hat-trick in the cup final my selection will change

Can't decide on an order, but the top 5 for me are: Easton, Maclean, Mannus, May and O'Halloran.

I put O'Halloran in purely on his quality-per-minute. For the lack of pitch time, when he has been on, he's been fantastic. As with Easton, he's had to fight his way into the squad and it's not been an easy journey.

May - enough said

MacLean - one of the best players I've ever seen play for Saints

Anderson - one of the best ball players at the club when he keeps the head (and a thoroughly nice guy!)

Mannus - best keeper in the league IMO

O'Halloran - really exciting prospect - love the quick feet!

May - nail on

Mannus - solid

MacLean - playing well before his injury, the catalyst to where we are since he came back

Ando - every season he is great

Spoony - agree with earlier comment - for me, the most exciting player to watch...feeling of anticipation when he gets the ball

Again, as somebody before said, I can O' Halloran featuring highy in the same list next season. Very excited about him as a potential Saints great

It wiz me, it wiz me :)

May

Ando

Spoony

Easton

Maclean

Easy number 1

You've just got to watch Ando to realise what saints mean to him. Plus he's started to score goals and play with confidence again. I mean a backheel. He'll never better that.

Wonderful player to watch is Spoony. I'd go as far to say, he's the one I enjoy the most. I love his little tricks and the freedom and enjoyment he plays with. Hibs nearly ruined him.

And folk laughed when I said Easton was vastly superior to Scobbie. And no I'm never going to forget that. And yes I'm going to bring it up at every opportunity I can.

Great player. That is all.

No they never, like the last time you claimed this, people laughed at you for slagging a player that was playing at a very good standard for us. It was embarrassing. You're rewriting history.

Agree with Ali here.  Why would you want to bring it up at every opportunity?  It's ridiculous to be slagging a player who has contributed as much as Scobbie has.  It also, yet again, shows up your complete lack of knowledge.

Selecting a Top 5 is difficult. The top 4 are pretty easy, think we're pretty much all agreed on May, Mannus, McLean and Ando. But a fifth? A case can be made for many but if we're talking impact then I'd probably go for James Dunne. Think he's been outstanding since he came into the side in January and am surprised no one has mentioned his name in this thread. But it's a tough call - Easton, Nigel, McKay, O'Halloran and even Millar could have been in with a shout.

1. May - no explanation really needed

2. Anderson - probably his beat season yet for saints and has proved why many consider him one of Scotland's best. Even added goals and has single handedly out-scored our midfield. Ridiculous he's not even considered for Scotland.

3. Maclean- if he wasn't injured he'd probably top this list. Top class player

4. Mannus- still one of the best keepers in the league despite not having as good a season as last year. Really missed him while he was injured

5. Wotherspoon- as others have said spoony is one of the most exciting players we've had since we came up. Great ability on the ball and is unlucky not to have scored more than 1. Had a dip mid season but other than that he's been excellent. Easy to forget he's still young too

1. Ando - my player of the season for the past 4/5 seasons. Outstanding defender, only one centre half (van Dijk) in the country better than him IMO. The Inspiration can back me up on this ;-)

2. May - been a pleasure to watch a home-grown player shine in the blue of St Johnstone. 27 goals is an unbelievable return for a club like ours. Thank you Stevie

3. MacLean - agree with many on here when they say that he's one of the best players they've ever seen at the club. Love the way he drops deep to link up play, almost a centre midfielder at times! He's just a better Wayne Rooney

4. Mannus - like last season he has kept us in so many games and earned us a few points from his wonderful shot-stopping and ability to gather the ball from crosses, things that seem so basic because he makes it look so easy. Could easily stake a claim to be the best goalkeeper in the country.

5. Toss up between Wotherspoon and Millar and I'm actually going for the latter.

Best season Midge has had with us. Been a lot more consistent this season and has been getting stuck in more often and seems a bit stronger on the ball, not to mention the odd pop at goal he has now! Great servant to Saints!