Song Before Game And Card Display Plans. Spread The Word.

bigstu

Already almost 700 people who have joined a page talking about this on Facebook, and we will try to get EVERY bus on board, with an announcement made on all buses.  That should let about 5000 people know.  If everyone then tells everyone around them, then we will have enough people to make it AMAZING...

It is still uncertain as to whether SuperSaint will be allowed to orchestrate it, but if not, here is THE PLAN....... IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. (includes singing, and the card display)

At 2:50pm, everyone starts shouting. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" whilst putting both hands in air with fingers moving.

When everyone has joined in, everyone says "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Any trumpets we can get on board then play the start of Espana (if those directly around the trumpet in section 141 can also sing the trumpet part to make it loud)... when this happens, we all crouch down and stand up at the relevant point throwing our scarves in the air. (video below)

When the trumpet part has finished, everyone starts singing the song, and twirls their scarves, and jumps around...

When the team appear from the tunnel, everyone then holds up the coloured card that is on their seat (will be slotted at the back)

At this time, everyone sings the slow version of "oh when the saints" as loud as possible.

After this, when the game is about to start, we all put our coloured card down, and start the Espana chant again, to create an amazing spectacle and atmosphere from the very start of the game.

After that, no more plans... We don't want anything forced.  Just want to try to have the best chance to create the best EVER atmosphere that any saints fan has EVER experienced.

Please share and explain to everyone who is going.  Share before the game, and explain to others on the day of the game.  Tell everyone on the buses. Lets make this a hair raising moment.

VIDEO SHOWING THE CHANT...

Sounds like a plan, am in Stu.  Easy trumpet part so all good from my perspective.  Will wait on big 'SHHHHHHHHHHH' and will then give it laldy.  You'll hear it! 

Without getting too technical, if there are any other fools stupid enough to join in playing an instrument - aye (more the merrier!!), I am starting on A, Bb, D.  If there are other instrumentalists and we start on different notes then you know it'll sound bloody rank - drum the exception!

Do let Stu know if you're considering bringing an instrument, would be brilliant.  Combs and recorders can ad lib....!!! 

Well, just had a blast along with EsEs link.  Neighbours none too chuffed but am ready to do my bit come the 17th.  Flying into Edinburgh so am travelling through by car, but intend being early at ground. Happy to give it laldy outside and inside ground, so plenty of rehearsing opportunity before main event around 2.55!!  

As you say, 'would be great if everyone did it'. 

Norwich....can you come to the Times Square before aswell do you think?

Norwich....can you come to the Times Square before aswell do you think?

Would love to.  Will speak to chauffeur! It is due to be a family affair. My 9 year old son is flying up with me so not sure pre-match pub is best idea, though did you say it was family orientated? Am certain he'll have seen his 'old man' in a new light come 5pm'ish' on17th!! 

Would love to. Will speak to chauffeur! It is due to be a family affair. My 9 year old son is flying up with me so not sure pre-match pub is best idea, though did you say it was family orientated? Am certain he'll have seen his 'old man' in a new light come 5pm'ish' on17th!!

my two who are only slightly older will be there , more the merrier , they can lead the scarf twirling .

Fantastic, Everyone put the video plan on their phones and practice it !!!!! so looking forward to the game, i cant imagine the noise of 15000 plus Saints fans dancing in a sea of blue and white. My 48 year old voice is not as good as it was back in the 80's in our Stanley minibus tour's, so so so up for this. !!!!! COYS !!!!! Win the cup and a European game again in Monaco again would be good !!!!!!

Someone is making a video up so we can all see the plan. I have seen a preview, and it is clear, and means everyone can do the same thing at the same time. It will hopefully be posted later today.

Stu, I am so glad that you have kept this to the fore; this spectacle can be absolutely brilliant and catch the the stadium attention and set the tone for the day or as anyone was at MacD last night will testify a spectacular fail! 

I would urge everyone to keep in touch with this thread and get in sync.

Someone is making a video up so we can all see the plan. I have seen a preview, and it is clear, and means everyone can do the same thing at the same time. It will hopefully be posted later today.

Are there any plans to burn the song to CD's and try and hand them round the buses so everyone hears the song on the bus, to familiarise those who know nothing about this?

Are there any plans to burn the song to CD's and try and hand them round the buses so everyone hears the song on the bus, to familiarise those who know nothing about this?

This is not going to be easy. Those who are keen may be spread out. We should tell all those in our area beforehand. Get it on our phones and show everyone near us and encourage them as much as we can.

Or threaten them :)

Amazingly HUGE thanks to PauloPerth for creating that video, it shows the whole plan perfectly, and means that we can show non regulars the song, and also the plan beforehand.... Share everywhere, lets get 15000 Saintees singing together to start the match on the right note.

PauloPerth - Great video comp, you missed off two words at the end though "our city, our club" OUR TIME !

Should be brill, the hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end  :cool:

It will be sign language at night for me afterwards back in Perth

A few chorus' with hands in the air by everyone from Elbows "One day like this" would give the message to the players, board, and country of what this club has done and hopefully has set as a target for years to come.

"Hold your heads up high

One day like this each year will see me right"  COYS