Come On You Hull!

Abernethy Saint

Guys, it seems that Hull City, like us, have reached their first-ever national cup final. I had the pleasure of visiting Hull just ten days ago, and it's braw. Like us, they are a very unfashionable team that is going mental over a cup final. Against Arsenal, but you never know.

I think our diddy team should reach out to their Diddy team - might be some right good banter.

I'm not very good at this interweb stuff, but will attempt to make contact and let's see what will happen.

Mon the Hull!!!

LAUGH OUT LOUD. Guys, my exceptionally limited interweb skills have let me down. Various cats have been kicked, some of them mine. If any of you think this is a good idea, could you try to make contact and get some banter going? It really is a braw wee place - we went in a pub and an offie, and both took Scottish notes!!!! The natives appear to be friendly.......

A place close to my heart. One of my best friends was a lifelong City fan, supporting them from their days in the lower leagues. Sadly he passed away in 2008, just before they won their first promotion to the Promised Land of the Premiership. He would be so proud of the way his team have blossomed over the past few years and also so proud that his adopted Scottish team are also on the verge of creating club history.

Chris, this is our day mate and I'll be charging a glass to you!

I live in Beverley about 12 miles from Hull, and like seeing the Tigers do well. They are very similar to us - an unfashionable club that hardly ever gets any press. When there are match reports they're almost always written from the POV of the other team and, whatever the result, it's kind of implied that Hull were rubbish.

They're a good club with a passionate support. When I'm heading north this weekend, most of my friends are heading south. I'll be keeping an ear out for them on Saturday afternoon. I'd love it to be a double.

I live in Beverley about 12 miles from Hull, and like seeing the Tigers do well. They are very similar to us - an unfashionable club that hardly ever gets any press. When there are match reports they're almost always written from the POV of the other team and, whatever the result, it's kind of implied that Hull were rubbish.

They're a good club with a passionate support. When I'm heading north this weekend, most of my friends are heading south. I'll be keeping an ear out for them on Saturday afternoon. I'd love it to be a double.

I know a couple and I have worked in Leconfield a couple of times

Aye, did a couple of driving courses in Leconfield/Driffield back in the 80s.  Must have been a bloody nightmare for the locals, all these young learner squaddies taking to the road every day in 4-tonners.