Pre Season Friendlies

auchterarder mark

It is indeed Saints v York City on July 19th, the second leg of City's mini-tour, the first being at Raith Rovers on Tues July 15th.

It looked to have been scuppered by Saints having a European game on the Thursday, but then it was suddenly on again, so I guess Saints won't be putting out a first team.

Nigel Worthington and Tommy Wright go back a long way, having played together for NI a number of times.

The following Wednesday City play Hull, so playing the Scottish Cup winners and the FA Cup runners-up within five days of each other will be an interesting test.

Edited by Grovesred

Seems like we are indeed playing York City, however its going to be at home instead of away. Game scheduled for Saturday 19th of July.

Yep, that's correct.  I received this from a York City fan today

"According to today's Press City are on a Scottish tour in July

City are playing Raith on the Tuesday & then the mighty cup winning Saints in Perth on Saturday 19 July."

Yep, that's correct.  I received this from a York City fan today

"According to today's Press City are on a Scottish tour in July

City are playing Raith on the Tuesday & then the mighty cup winning Saints in Perth on Saturday 19 July."

There's another Minstermen/Saints crossover? Spill the beans, who is it? :laugh:

Looks like it's a popular trip amongst City fans, though I think a lot haven't yet twigged that it won't be a first team affair for Saints. Some are predicting a City following of around 300.

It is indeed Saints v York City on July 19th, the second leg of City's mini-tour, the first being at Raith Rovers on Tues July 15th.

It looked to have been scuppered by Saints having a European game on the Thursday, but then it was suddenly on again, so I guess Saints won't be putting out a first team.

Any York fans coming up for the full tour and looking for something to do on the Thursday night should get themselves along to the Saints Euro match! (Assuming it's the home leg).  :)