Ando Testimonial Match

patsy

Putting the sarcasm to one side for a minute.

I am a tad underwhelmed at the opposition.

There must be reasons for who it is and why we couldn't attract a bigger team. We don't know why so there's no point moaning about it.

At the end of the day, the game is to raise money for Ando's testimonial, not to watch the opposition. Granted a higher profile team may have sparked more interest and probably a bigger crowd, but it is what it is

Echo above......very underwhelmed by the opposition......would love to know the thought process behind that decision and also what other opposition were considered (and perhaps approached - but declined)

Is there a chance that Hearts will perhaps have 'special guests' making an appearance in their team.....and maybe same for us? Needs something like that to add a spark to the event

Did Ando grow up a Hearts fan? If so, it makes perfect sense for us to play them. If not, then I'm sure they'll bring up a reasonable support and the Saints fans should turn out in great numbers to appreciate a true legend. He deserves it for years of excellent service to Saints, not to mention his cup final goal.

Steven Anderson, the first St Johnstone player to score a goal in a Scottish Cup Final. If it was Errol Rovers U16's he plays against, I would hope all those that can, would make the effort to attend. Please, please don't start bickering about this :sad:  

Did Ando grow up a Hearts fan? If so, it makes perfect sense for us to play them. If not, then I'm sure they'll bring up a reasonable support and the Saints fans should turn out in great numbers to appreciate a true legend. He deserves it for years of excellent service to Saints, not to mention his cup final goal.

There's no doubt he deserves a good turnout and I would go even if we were playing the under 21s but hearts? Come on surely we could have got someone better than that? I'm not talking a massive club but someone we've not played about 18 times in the last 5 years. But I'm not ITK no point in me having an opinion

Edited by patsy

There's no doubt he deserves a good turnout and I would go even if we were playing the under 21s but hearts? Come on surely we could have got someone better than that? I'm not talking a massive club but someone we've not played about 18 times in the last 5 years. But I'm not ITK no point in me having an opinion

Why didn't you volunteer for the testimonial committee and organise something better then?

Why didn't you volunteer for the testimonial committee and organise something better then?

Was there ever an option to volunteer? Because if there was I can't remember. As far as I can recall the committee was just announced. I wasn't asked so I must no be a good enough saints fan

Was there ever an option to volunteer? Because if there was I can't remember. As far as I can recall the committee was just announced. I wasn't asked so I must no be a good enough saints fan

I'm not sure tbh.  The point is that the aim is to raise money for Ando.  The last 2 Saints to get testimonials were Roddy v Coventry and Main v Man Utd youths.  I'm sure Hearts will bring more fans than either of these so called bigger names did - and that's what it is all about.

I'm not sure tbh. The point is that the aim is to raise money for Ando. The last 2 Saints to get testimonials were Roddy v Coventry and Main v Man Utd youths. I'm sure Hearts will bring more fans than either of these so called bigger names did - and that's what it is all about.

Yes I understand it's all about raising money for ando but would it not be better to have more saints fans there than opposition? Who are the fair weather fans/people of Perth more likely to turn out to see hearts that we play all the time? Or somebody more glamorous?

I am sure there will be a few "twist" in this to make it a great day. "Biscuits" playing a half for both teams ?? Levein getting a sitting and silent ovation for being the worst Scottish Manger since Bertie ? Levein to play a 4-6-0 formation because he is so shit scared of Stevie May. C'mon, it will be fun.