Fixtures

Aitchy

Well I came onto this thread to learn about the fixtures.  I now know that Ed won't make many games this season and that I'm not the only person on holiday next week (Sam is too).  I just would not have got this level of news on the OS, so well done Saints for making me look here instead.   :laugh:

Good to see hat season tickets sales are going well on 9th June..

St johnstone Twitter 3 years old on 16 June ,`Is there anything we can do to improve it`they ask.

I couldn`t give a flying **** if they improve it I just want a OF site that will keepme informed today & not a week later.

Site is a fecking disgrace.

AthensSaint, I appreciate your point but I don't agree with it. I work in an opticians and I'm on holiday next week leaving the optometrist to run the show on her own. She takes on my role as well as her own when I'm away. I wonder if she could get away with saying to customers coming in after a week looking for their glasses that it took her three days to order them because the member of staff who usually does it is on her summer holidays? Similarly when she is on holiday and I am here on my own with a locum optometrist, I have to instill in him/her the level of service our customers expect so that standards from a sight test point of view do not dip just because the usual optometrist is away. Every business has staff who go on holiday, go off sick, take maternity/paternity leave etc. Standards cannot slip just because it's the summer and people are away on holiday. They will have plenty of notice of when staff are going to be away on holiday in order for them to prepare for their absence.

The summer is generally a slightly quieter time for news updates so it doesn't surprise me that we go days without news articles being posted to the official site and I don't think we can expect Saints to make up non-stories just to update the site every day. However, this is probably the most important thing they've had to update us about so far this summer and it's still not on the official website. This is not directed at you in particular but we shouldn't let opinions of certain posters (i.e the ones who always slag the club or the ones who always defend the club) cloud our judgement when a post actually contains very valid points.

Big clubs will have marketing departments employing dozens of staff who have their own agenda entirely independent of anything else to do with the running of the club. They will focus solely on marketing. Nobody is suggesting Saints should have something like that but I do think it's necessary for a business who have over 2000 people attending it's events at it's premises every other weekend to employ someone who is specifically there for marketing purposes. My mind tells me we must already have people like this at the club because of the way McDiarmid Park is touted as a venue. It just seems to be the way they market the football product that is woefully inadequate.

Young girl, a very rose tinted spectacles view on life. Bless. When I go on vacation it is with laptop, blackberry, contact sheets and time zone differences that dont count for the people calling me. No sympathy. I get paid well, so I put up with it.

News flash..... St Johnstone to play football matches in near future, spokes person at McDiarmid park quoted as stating that "This is all just unfathomable hearsay, with no truth in it what so ever" Sources have learnt that the "Saints" refuse to use the internet to confirm until a fresh batch of Brasso has been delivered to the ground to polish off a 140 year old.... Cup

Edited by SaintDougie

Young girl, a very rose tinted spectacles view on life. Bless. When I go on vacation it is with laptop, blackberry, contact sheets and time zone differences that dont count for the people calling me. No sympathy. I get paid well, so I put up with it.

I would appreciate it if you didn't patronise me because I'm young and female.

And I am a grown woman, not a young girl. Thanks.

News flash..... St Johnstone to play football matches in near future, spokes person at McDiarmid park quoted as stating that "This is all just unfathomable hearsay, with no truth in it what so ever" Sources have learnt that the "Saints" refuse to use the internet to confirm until a fresh batch of Brasso has been delivered to the ground to polish off a 140 year old.... Cup

BRASSO :shock:  Listen you eedjit, fVcking silver polish for this one. Brasso is for the diddy cups :laugh:  

Well I came onto this thread to learn about the fixtures.  I now know that Ed won't make many games this season and that I'm not the only person on holiday next week (Sam is too).  I just would not have got this level of news on the OS, so well done Saints for making me look here instead.   :laugh:

No jhq The point is you shouldn`t have to come on this site to find out about fixtures. That is what the OF site is for.

Hee hee hee.

Loving it.

Mad Greek Barry Manilow impressionist outs himself as rampant misogynist. Meanwhile, questions are tabled in the house of commons regarding the appalling, cataclysmic, existential threat posed by a marginally inadequate website somewhere in Jockoland. Several females are mildly upset. Some football to be played soon, in various places, mostly on Saturdays.

Chicken for tea.

What does Sam's age and sex have to do with her views?

This is a sexist comment. Sexism wont be tolerated on this forum - would you bring someone's sexual orientation, religion or skin tone into such an argument?

If I had posted......

Young girl, A very rose tinted spectacles view on life. Bless. When I go on vacation it is with laptop, blackberry, contact sheets and time zone differences that dont count for the people calling me. No sympathy. I get paid well, so I put up with it.

Nobody would have given a flying fvck. Dont start all this PC shit on our site.

Patronising, condescending and sexist.  (Incidentally, just because you can't switch off from work when on holiday, doesn't mean everyone else has to be like that)

Geez, Fvcking women and football...when will they learn.........

Sexist and insulting

ooooh no, i didnt......

I was accused of being a sexist

Two points.

1.  As you can see, you were the one who started the insults.

2.  You were accused of being sexist because you were sexist.

We often have to read posts from you reminiscing about life in the 80s, but this is 2014 Athens.   Sexism/homophobia is grossly insulting and in fact illegal.  Grow up.

Just a thought...but...

Aren't the fixtures the copyrighted "property" of the SPFL?  Could be that the clubs involved only have the right to display them within certain time frames.  The BBC and other media who have already published them may already have paid for the right to do that.

Hee hee hee.

Loving it.

Mad Greek Barry Manilow impressionist outs himself as rampant misogynist. Meanwhile, questions are tabled in the house of commons regarding the appalling, cataclysmic, existential threat posed by a marginally inadequate website somewhere in Jockoland. Several females are mildly upset. Some football to be played soon, in various places, mostly on Saturdays.

Chicken for tea.

You Manilowistic sexist barsteward...........Mods, Mods