Match Tickets For Luzern At Home

50yrs a Saint

If we get any kind of result in Switzerland that keeps it alive then McDiarmid should be rocking again.

However if it's a dead rubber anyone waiting to buy their ticket might no bother at £26.

I suppose it's a calculated risk. They'll be hoping a good number buy before the away leg.

Anyone any idea on numbers sold thus far?

Of course it had to be all ticket. Last season saw 8500 in the ground with no away fans. We have since won the cup and Luzern reckon they will bring 1000. Assuming we have similar demand as last year that means 9500. That becomes a free for all nightmare trying to get people seats throughout the stadium, folk trying to sit with their mates, some stands full, others not etc.

Had to be done.

The price is a bit high but it's a Euro game! Live with it.

Of course it had to be all ticket. Last season saw 8500 in the ground with no away fans. We have since won the cup and Luzern reckon they will bring 1000. Assuming we have similar demand as last year that means 9500. That becomes a free for all nightmare trying to get people seats throughout the stadium, folk trying to sit with their mates, some stands full, others not etc.

Had to be done.

That's exactly it. Pay at the gate would be a disaster of the tie is still alive, especially if we're looking at a decent away support.

Had to be done.

oh no worries Broon, "i'm living with it"

just giving my opinion.

its not a nightmare at all, we think it is because we are used to crowds of 3-4k, we get double that and everyone panics.

9500 is still 2k short. and the previous European crowd were made up of a lot of neutrals, we will not get as nearly as much of them coming along unless there is a cash gate on the night, hopefully there will be.

at 9 days notice making it all tic and charging £26 will diminish the crowd, I think we will be lucky to have 7k in the stadium.

but i'll live with that too.

Even if we have 6-7k that is still a good deal of money for the club. Our average crowd is 3k at a reduced cost so the club are going to gain an extra 2-2.5 games income from this tie.

I too think it is far too expensive (for adults - families have no complaints) but I am very much willing to give up one pint to pay the difference of a normal match day ticket to see Saints in Europe.

oh no worries Broon, "i'm living with it"

just giving my opinion.

Fair point. I didn't mean to come across quite as much of a d*** as I did.

There's just been some amount of moaning on here lately and I reckon this is one of the things the club had little choice with. No doubt the police had their say too.

As for the prices, if it helps us buy a backup striker or midfielder I'll pay it.

Fair point. I didn't mean to come across quite as much of a d*** as I did.

There's just been some amount of moaning on here lately and I reckon this is one of the things the club had little choice with. No doubt the police had their say too.

As for the prices, if it helps us buy a backup striker or midfielder I'll pay it.

I would hope that we should sell at least 5000. Allowing for concessions we should be around the £100k mark. I assume Luzern get half so should at least manage one signing from that.

I would hope that we should sell at least 5000. Allowing for concessions we should be around the £100k mark. I assume Luzern get half so should at least manage one signing from that.

I ve always assumed you keep your home gate in Europe, I did nt think Luzern would get half. I could be wrong though.

Phoned for my ticket this morning and managed to get my season ticket seat as well. Lassie on the phone said they had been selling well but didn't give a figure.

I was given choice of east or west stands...i picked west...then told we would be sitting front centre.

Need to wait for tickets to find out exactly where.

Was also told game was selling well.