Fc Luzern Away

David123

The team is difficult to call due to lack of fitness and injuries. Having watched both friendlies and game time given to players I believe the team will be defensive formation.

Mannus

Miller   Wright   McKay   Easton

Brown   Millar

Croft             Wotherspoon         O'Halloran

McLean

I do not think he will risk May having played only 15mins this season and missing yesterdays match due to injury. I also do not believe he would chance playing two inexperienced players in central midfield (Brown and Caddis). Scobbie was given a lot of game time in both games but in my opinion he would be a weak link at full back (he is all left foot and struggled at right back against East Fife) also at left Centre back his ability to win the ball in the air is severely lacking. But this is only my opinion. I think he one of the Players that the Chairman referred to as a just incase player and this may be a situation when TW needs a just incase player

Edited by Inchcolm

No mention of this in the Herald on line, in an article quoting Steven MacLean. Just a mention of no new signings yet due to money put aside for May's contract

it also said g broon is the chairman

maybe they are right

they also said 5 players gone

that must have freed a wee bit wages

hope (honestly) that tomorrows result will be a close one. If Lucerne wins 4-0 or St. Johstone 1-4 or something ridiculous like that, it's going to be like travelling to Scotland to watch a friendly... I guess the priorities can be shifted towards the whisky then... :razz:

Bookies odds suggest that you are rubbish!?

It's the first game of the season for both teams, upsets are not uncommon, we have so many new players in the squad who have to get used to the style of play... Would not be surprised to see St Johnstone leading 0-1 by half time. Game maybe ending 1-1 or a narrow 2-1 for Lucerne... But then: I am rubbish at prediting results... ;)

hope (honestly) that tomorrows result will be a close one. If Lucerne wins 4-0 or St. Johstone 1-4 or something ridiculous like that, it's going to be like travelling to Scotland to watch a friendly... I guess the priorities can be shifted towards the whisky then... :razz:

It's the first game of the season for both teams, upsets are not uncommon, we have so many new players in the squad who have to get used to the style of play... Would not be surprised to see St Johnstone leading 0-1 by half time. Game maybe ending 1-1 or a narrow 2-1 for Lucerne... But then: I am rubbish at prediting results... ;)

Thats what Rosenburg thought mate

Was chatting to a large Viking before the Rosenborg game and his exact words were "we professional team, we win 5 - 0".

We all know how that turned out.

On the flip side our team has shown its capable of both brilliant or terrible performances. How the bookies can work out the odds are is beyond me.

Edited by Broon