James Mcfadden Anyone?

saintee4life

No, if we did sign him it would just highlight what a ****ing disaster this Summer was. Instead of May, Goodwillie and Hasselbaink we'd have Graham, Morgan and McFadden. Shambles

You seem very keen on last nights match thread to sign Graham now, your view suddenly changed based on 90 mins last night, but good to have your expert analysis all the same

No matter who we sign he can not be up to speed so will be a bit of passenger if he is thrown in at UTD. As said before I would go with what we have the now, Save the pounds and get someone in during the transfer window, the money could be spent on a transfer deal to get Grahame signed up early and get out of this no play clause.      

We must be rollin in it...5 times 6000plus crowds so far this season....thousands of pounds from UEFA as part of financial Fair Play, Money for hosting Ryder Cup Car Parking, Quarter Finals of League Cup with a share of Ibrox gate money when we play The Rangers and possibly TV money if televised! and all this before you even consider, hospitality, food sales, lotto, car boot (if Saints make anything from this).

Yeah perhaps we'll lose some of this money on a UEFA fine for that flag! and the infrastructure, but there's got to be some money in the kitty for a decent player/players! better than McFadden.

We must be rollin in it...5 times 6000plus crowds so far this season....thousands of pounds from UEFA as part of financial Fair Play, Money for hosting Ryder Cup Car Parking, Quarter Finals of League Cup with a share of Ibrox gate money when we play The Rangers and possibly TV money if televised! and all this before you even consider, hospitality, food sales, lotto, car boot (if Saints make anything from this).

Yeah perhaps we'll lose some of this money on a UEFA fine for that flag! and the infrastructure, but there's got to be some money in the kitty for a decent player/players! better than McFadden.

did we get any money for winning the Scottish cup

I was only looking at this season so far, but you're right even the money spin off from the Scottish Cup all goes into the coffers in which Saints can draw from!

did we get any money for winning the Scottish cup

Whilst running a club will not be cheap ie: manager, players, coaches and staff and financing youth teams and facilities, surely even given the amount required to maintain McDiarmid something must be left over for new player budget

Hopefully we can take what is a great opportunity to progress this season and build on our success.

I was only looking at this season so far, but you're right even the money spin off from the Scottish Cup all goes into the coffers in which Saints can draw from!

Whilst running a club will not be cheap ie: manager, players, coaches and staff and financing youth teams and facilities, surely even given the amount required to maintain McDiarmid something must be left over for new player budget

Hopefully we can take what is a great opportunity to progress this season and build on our success.

That's the key. Bbuild on our success. We have basked in the glory. We have rested on our laurals.

Steve has cocked up.

I suppose I kinda feel let down after the Scottish Cup win and the lack of signing/s to replace May and further strengthen the team, but like every Saints fan I want our success to continue, however it's hard to argue that money should be spent when we have always been a prudent club and yet still lost money in recent seasons. I'm hopeful that the decision to not spend on players will not come back to haunt us, the manager and our chairman, but feel the damage has already been done to the possibility of retaining fans we already have and bringing more fans onboard. Even if I don't agree that McFadden would have been the answer or doubt whether Goodwillie would have worked his socks off for Saints, I certainly would give anyone in a Saints shirt my full backing. It is said to be easier to build on a successful team rather than invest in a struggling team...if anyone should know this then it should be Geoff Brown who paid to bring Dodds to Saints! Too often Saints have accepted the plaudits for success without actually having acheived anything and now we have had success I don't want to see us resting on our laurels....just look at Dundee Utd or Inverness and even Hamilton!

That's the key. Bbuild on our success. We have basked in the glory. We have rested on our laurals.
Steve has cocked up.

IMO McFadden is a fans player who flatters to deceive. Not a team player at all and consequently of little use to TW's team. May fitted perfectly to TW's tactics and became a talisman with his willing runs to and from deep positions, I have rarely seen McFadden put in a shift like that. Add to that his injury record and wage demands a non starter for Saints, if you excuse the pun. :)