James Mcfadden Anyone?

saintee4life

What happened at the end with McFadden and the fans? I can't understand why faddy is still at the club never mind actually starting. All the crap from tommy at the start of the season about youth players getting games was the reason we released Cregg then he signs McFadden and lappin who bring nothing to the team. I'd take Cregg and nigel ahead of lappin and faddy any day

it is ok saying we are going to give the young lads a chance...however, they still have to earn their way into the first team. Personally, I don't think Caddis has shown enough. Brown looks a decent shout given time, of the rest, apart from Kane, I suspect the coaches at the club haven't felt they warranted a place in the first team.

On McFadden....is it just me or now that Mcdonald has left we 'need' a new hate figure?

Not really - I think fans will tend to criticise a big name who has failed to live up to high expectations. The fact that he's undoubtedly a high earner and is seen to have been favoured ahead of other players won't have helped his case.

Fans do need a focus for discontent though, whether it's Swanson or McFadden. Nobody - yet - is going to have a go at Tommy.

I should apologise to anyone that was around me on Saturday. All I did was moan about McFadden, I was questioning why he was on the pitch at all and I nearly lost it when he was left on for 90 minutes and Kane who could actually run was taken off.

I should apologise to anyone that was around me on Saturday. All I did was moan about McFadden, I was questioning why he was on the pitch at all and I nearly lost it when he was left on for 90 minutes and Kane who could actually run was taken off.

Don't worry. (Although I don't think you were near me)

You weren't the only one bemused by that.

We were a goal behind and we made a like for like change. we should of went with them both through the middle and kept being direct as it was the only thing working. Passing to break them down certainly wasnt. Muzz particularly was getting a lot of success in the air int he box. Mcfadden lets be honest, he wasn't creating a single thing other than pressure on ourselves from constantly losing the ball. 

Never an easy one! I don't think you can look at any player in isolation.

You could have Ronaldo up front for us right now & I bet he'd struggle to score.

I didn't notice too much coming through midfield, if your forwards aren't getting any service you are always going to struggle.

Not every one can be like May up & down the park creating & scoring!?

I don't think any one player deserves stick we are just missing playing like a team.

Mcfadden lets be honest, he wasn't creating a single thing other than pressure on ourselves from constantly losing the ball. 

I also was critical of faddy after the game, purely for the fact that nearly every time he had the ball he kept it until he was crowded out and eventually lost possession.

But I don't agree with the fact that he created nothing.. Go back and watch the highlights, he put about our only decent thru ball of the game into Kane, an inch perfect pass not long after half time that Kane tried to turn back on but lost possession, and he also slipped a wee pass into Graham for a shot that ended up blocked. For all his faults he is still one of the few players in our team this season who can actually create something. Whether he does it enough to outweigh the losing possession frequently and struggling to cover because his legs aren't up to it, is another matter...

He certainly doesn't deserve to become the new boo boy. The whole team were rank on Saturday.

I also was critical of faddy after the game, purely for the fact that nearly every time he had the ball he kept it until he was crowded out and eventually lost possession.

But I don't agree with the fact that he created nothing.. Go back and watch the highlights, he put about our only decent thru ball of the game into Kane, an inch perfect pass not long after half time that Kane tried to turn back on but lost possession, and he also slipped a wee pass into Graham for a shot that ended up blocked. For all his faults he is still one of the few players in our team this season who can actually create something. Whether he does it enough to outweigh the losing possession frequently and struggling to cover because his legs aren't up to it, is another matter...

He certainly doesn't deserve to become the new boo boy. The whole team were rank on Saturday.

He also had a shot, which was laid off perfectly and if Graham didn't deflect it would've gone out for a throw in.

Expensive waste and his attitude is reeking. He's been booked or sent off in most of the games he's played and goes in the huff like a wee laddie all to often.

A midfield needs a combination of silk (creative) and steel (strong) and in the modern game all need pace, to swich from attack to defense and vice versa. Finding players who have both is very difficult and outside our price range. Therefore we need to have a mixture of both. Who is our silk and who is our steel (question for another thread perhaps)? In my opinion McFadden was brought as silk a creatative player (but lacks pace). At times he shows his creativity and his ability to score spectacular goals. But for me he is not doing it often enough.

A midfield needs a combination of silk (creative) and steel (strong) and in the modern game all need pace, to swich from attack to defense and vice versa. Finding players who have both is very difficult and outside our price range. Therefore we need to have a mixture of both. Who is our silk and who is our steel (question for another thread perhaps)? In my opinion McFadden was brought as silk a creatative player (but lacks pace). At times he shows his creativity and his ability to score spectacular goals. But for me he is not doing it often enough.

Would like to hear more vocal encouragement from the Captain and the rest -they seem reluctant to have a go at geeing each other up.

In my opinion McFadden was brought as silk a creatative player (but lacks pace). At times he shows his creativity and his ability to score spectacular goals. But for me he is not doing it often enough.

I think it's simpler than that. McFadden was brought in as a replacement for an injured McLean. I think now we'll see McFadden on the bench unless McLean is unavailable.