Weareperthbarossasaints Proposed Move

THE LARK SAINT

The decision will be up to wap committee and members who are members of the barossa club as per the wap barossa st johnstone supporters constituition,if it is change they want then can they still carry on with the barossa name,if not then they will have to wind up the wap barossa bank account and pass on any money left after all debts are paid to saints youth development as per the wap constitution.

I dont see any one saying we would wind up or change names although if we move the Barossa. bit would be obsolete. As for monies they are all handed over to Saints at first decent opportunity anyway. But with a fresh start and an injection of about £1,320 it shouldn't be a huge problem As for depts,what depts?

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

Interested in reading what's going on. Corinna seems to have changed hands frequently over recent years - how long has it been under present ownership? Think you guys should be wary of someone coming along offering pots of gold etc etc - as often as not there is a catch . With what's on offer it would seem that the owner is desperate for an injection of revenue ie your money. Just all seems a bit too good to be true.......check it out and if you decide to proceed with move get an agreement in writing that gives continuity over a reasonable period of time ....including the pots of gold. If he is genuine and serious then putting a terms of agreement in place won't be a problem. Good luck

Not having a go at you Wendy but there in lies the problem People dont use it for whatever reason, times have changed and money wise people being more selective back in the day especially at weekends it was packed, but it was a Saints club run by Saints for Saints.

No I take your point... And would agree to a move if I thought the Corrina was a better pub?

The Saints club is down at heel & smells musty and damp in the function hall. Would you believe so does the Corrina, certainly in the function hall at the back. You have to wipe your feet on the way out.

I don't pretend to know the answer, but surely a football club like Saints deserves a social club to be proud of?

Is there any money for a wee bit of upgrading?

I certainly wouldn't choose either for a wee night out for sure.

Times are changing & I do believe people are more discerning

May 17 th the club it was a buzzing & didn't notice the must once!?

I was present at the meeting with Derek Petterson and Gav Stewart so can give a little more info to this discussion.

My involvement with the committee (WAP Barossa St) and not the main club committee, over many years is for one reason only.

To raise funds for St Johnstone and its Youth Development section.

It has been clear for some time now that there is a general dis-interest in the club, we have lost six committee members in the last 3 months, it should be noted that two are as a result of this PROPOSED relocation.

Moving on to what`s on offer from the Corrina, Derek Petterson is the current chairman of the St Johnstone Business club. He contacted us to ask if we would be interested in moving to his premises as HE wants to see a more thriving Saints members section for increasing both support and fundraising for St Johnstone, that's why he is doing this . Not only is Derek going to give us £1000.00 per annum he is also prepared to fund an away bus (currently £320.00). An important part of what he is offering is to also fully support our fundraising by having his own PR people assist us in advertising our fundraising events through his many businesses in Perth. It is fair to say that any additional input from someone as connected as him is a bonus that is not currently enjoyed at Barossa St. Derek has advised that he is happy to have the Corrina known as a Saints pub without any membership and would be happy to have Saints memorabilia put on the walls permanently. He has also intimated that IF the section relocates and things are going well he will consider a further donation to us to give to St Johnstone.

I have read some comments about turning round the fortunes of the Main Club committee at Barossa St by being elected to the main committee, perhaps the contributors who wrote these comments can tell us what THEY did in the past and what THEY are doing about this now?

I am not interested in getting involved in what`s gone on in the past in the Barossa Club, my interest is in the future by getting some new impetus to a section that has been reasonably successful in raising funds for St Johnstone,

Just to be clear I own my own business in Perth and have NO connection with Derek Petterson or any of his businesses.

Is this the same bloke who has just bought the Kirkside?

Interested in reading what's going on. Corinna seems to have changed hands frequently over recent years - how long has it been under present ownership? Think you guys should be wary of someone coming along offering pots of gold etc etc - as often as not there is a catch . With what's on offer it would seem that the owner is desperate for an injection of revenue ie your money. Just all seems a bit too good to be true.......check it out and if you decide to proceed with move get an agreement in writing that gives continuity over a reasonable period of time ....including the pots of gold. If he is genuine and serious then putting a terms of agreement in place won't be a problem. Good luck

too true

No I take your point... And would agree to a move if I thought the Corrina was a better pub?

The Saints club is down at heel & smells musty and damp in the function hall. Would you believe so does the Corrina, certainly in the function hall at the back. You have to wipe your feet on the way out.

I don't pretend to know the answer, but surely a football club like Saints deserves a social club to be proud of?

Is there any money for a wee bit of upgrading?

I certainly wouldn't choose either for a wee night out for sure.

Times are changing & I do believe people are more discerning

May 17 th the club it was a buzzing & didn't notice the must once!?

yer right whilst the barossa is a dump so is the fecjking corinna.have ye checked oot the natives .swap sevco for dodgy dudes.

all that glitters is not gold.

the grass is always greener etc etc

yer right whilst the barossa is a dump so is the fecjking corinna.have ye checked oot the natives .swap sevco for dodgy dudes.

all that glitters is not gold.

the grass is always greener etc etc

Was thinking that but havn`t been in it for a while so couldn`t comment but have see the smokers at the door.

Spoke to Gav today and said I was not in favour of this move. Suggested to Gav that he should meet with Morris before the next meeting and establish what help will be available from Barossa Club and air the greavances he is aware of on various issues. Barrosa st has served us well although there is room for improvement.

I'm not going to claim to know much about it but reading a few posts a few thoughts spring to mind when it comes to the posts about being against it.

Is it actually even financially viable to stay as it is? As many seem to say that prefer that.

Many are also saying make improvements etc but if the club are declining in numbers is making improvements to Barossa going to make a difference? Would that be a waste of money?

Even if improvements are made is this going to actually provide long term viability for the club?

Edited by PerthSeany

I have had a chat with Perer Milne The Club secretary and far from being supportive i thought he was the opposite. He told me only 35 from WAP are now members of the Club and we don't offer anything now. I pointed out that we hadjust recently held a comedy night at the Club with over 90 people at the event and he said" so we only took £180 behind the bar,Not to forget the full house on.May 17 th.Peter has also been invited to open meeting on 20 Nov

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

OK, I hate being honest but The Barossa Club is a complete shit hole. In the seventies' it was bearable but forty years on...who is kidding who ?

Didn't think much of it the few times I've been in. Not that my opinion counts for much not living in Perth, not being a drinker and dislike pub type places unless they're serving meals in a bright atmosphere. Wouldn't criticise those who do enjoy a drink and company of drinkers. Just not for me.

Was having a stroll round the clubs Bar areas as someone said there were NO items of Saints stuff in there but that it was all Rangers stuff -Postie saw me looking and we had to agree that everything on the walls were Saints orientated -Top near Dart board and pictures around pool table etc....There WAS a Rangers scarf above a notice board in the back bar tho.

I gather the decision to go has allegedly been confirmed and that the bus will be leaving from the Corrina in future  ?

As far as PMs comment -I know for fact himself and Mr Flood were "over the moon" after May 17th game and that they appreciated the work that WAP  Barossa St committee/volunteers had done in bringing people back to the club - They also mentioned the day the Celtic buses came into the club --The time the Bristol City guys came in and the hard work the WAP committee made in doing that.

35 members is indeed not what the actual club were looking at and that was mentioned previously -they accepted changes would have to be made by the club to try and attract folk back.

A couple of visiting buses would have ensured the clubs finances improving -but that was never progressed - so I can see PMs disappointment.

Hope you guys can sort things out tho.

Was having a stroll round the clubs Bar areas as someone said there were NO items of Saints stuff in there but that it was all Rangers stuff -Postie saw me looking and we had to agree that everything on the walls were Saints orientated -Top near Dart board and pictures around pool table etc....There WAS a Rangers scarf above a notice board in the back bar tho.

I gather the decision to go has allegedly been confirmed and that the bus will be leaving from the Corrina in future ?

As far as PMs comment -I know for fact himself and Mr Flood were "over the moon" after May 17th game and that they appreciated the work that WAP Barossa St committee/volunteers had done in bringing people back to the club - They also mentioned the day the Celtic buses came into the club --The time the Bristol City guys came in and the hard work the WAP committee made in doing that.

35 members is indeed not what the actual club were looking at and that was mentioned previously -they accepted changes would have to be made by the club to try and attract folk back.

A couple of visiting buses would have ensured the clubs finances improving -but that was never progressed - so I can see PMs disappointment.

Hope you guys can sort things out tho.

Apologies - Totally O/T but, is the old British Legion club in George St. still unoccupied? Re-developed, demolished?

I realise that you would be looking to relocate to incorporate with an existing business so something like this would be a non-starter but the building in GS included bar and large lounge space on the ground floor, there were other rooms upstairs, another bar and rooms with pool and snooker tables.

I only bring it up because I used to go there before matches at Muirton on a Saturday in the days when Johnny Pattulo (some may be old enough to remember when he was Saints manager - before my time tho ) ran the bar.

Edited by Indicator

Apologies - Totally O/T but, is the old British Legion club in George St. still unoccupied? Re-developed, demolished?

I realise that you would be looking to relocate to incorporate with an existing business so something like this would be a non-starter but the building in GS included bar and large lounge space on the ground floor, there were other rooms upstairs, another bar and rooms with pool and snooker tables.

I only bring it up because I used to go there before matches at Muirton on a Saturday in the days when Johnny Pattulo (some may be old enough to remember when he was Saints manager - before my time tho ) ran the bar.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/well-known-perth-club-to-close-2739771