Regeneration Of The City

Gshrek

The funking issue I have with this ...is....it's plain for us all to see, yet the councillors , those in charge of housing and any other person paid to make these decisions seem to do the exact opposite.......how much did it cost to knock down Muitron? How much did it cost to rebuild it? Then we put a lot of the sub culture back into the same area with a new house? Funking bonkers ...these type of people don't change.....they just wreck their new house and have no respect for others houses or gardens......Muirton of the Rookery as I believe it's now called will return at some stage to be another ghetto.......along with the town centre!

Too late I know..but...why didn't the housing not keep Muirton standing.....I know this is contravential but it kept a lot of the scum in the same place and the Police new where to find them? The houses were excellent structurally .....should have sold them off cheap to the tenants and empowered them to drag the area up......no cost of demolition or rebuild and outright profit from the sale of houses.......simples.....

I seem to remember a few years back the council put central heating in Gowan's Terr & the some Tennant's stripped it & sold radiators for scap. May have been an urban myth.

The funking issue I have with this ...is....it's plain for us all to see, yet the councillors , those in charge of housing and any other person paid to make these decisions seem to do the exact opposite.......how much did it cost to knock down Muitron? How much did it cost to rebuild it? Then we put a lot of the sub culture back into the same area with a new house? Funking bonkers ...these type of people don't change.....they just wreck their new house and have no respect for others houses or gardens......Muirton of the Rookery as I believe it's now called will return at some stage to be another ghetto.......along with the town centre!

Too late I know..but...why didn't the housing not keep Muirton standing.....I know this is contravential but it kept a lot of the scum in the same place and the Police new where to find them? The houses were excellent structurally .....should have sold them off cheap to the tenants and empowered them to drag the area up......no cost of demolition or rebuild and outright profit from the sale of houses.......simples.....

Don't make the mistake of tarring everyone with the same brush, as I can confirm that Larky's garden is a gnome from gnome. 

And after much ridicule painted his green door, blue. 

New homes should be allocated to those with a good council track record and the houses they vacate given to the  others that need a home .

Problem here is that most of these new builds are Housing association homes, they appear to be unaware ( correct me if you know otherwise ) of who they are renting to.

Here's my go.....knock down the city hall...create a city square...already thought of but put a glass roof over it

I think something like this - the Merchant Square in Glasgow - from the carcase of City Hall would be a great idea.

Perth is so close to many towns and cities with better major chain store shopping so it really needs to return to it's independent retailer focus. Sadly when you look at the existing plans the Council has they offer nothing interesting or unique at all. It's all about maximising the rent economy of new business units and endless carbon copy new home developments as opposed to supporting existing businesses and communities in Perthshire.

As for the jakies, if you think Perth has loads you need to get out more. Anyway, where are the powers that be supposed to move them on to? Most of them are homeless and I doubt there is enough shelter provision for them all. Actually solving the problem - offering treatment costs a lot of money. And who should pay? Council? NHS? No quick fixes for that.

The idea about different rents for people who do/don't take care is Daily Mail territory. Having lived beside such arseholes the idea is tempting. However, the cvnts who wreck "their" homes invariably don't pay any of their own money on rent or council tax so Joe Public ends up paying any fines. And if you chuck them out on the street? Well, meet your latest town centre jakie bampot.

Surely if there are plans to expand the population of the city around Stanley/Luncarty/Berthapark.....as well as the proposals around Bridge of Earn....it's an essential requirement to have a desirable centre to attract the people required to live in these new homes.

This is a massive opportunity to create jobs and regenerate the city. This in turn will bolster the property market and increase the amount of tourists and day trippers that visit the city......it's not that long ago that people from all over Scotland traveled to Perth for a days shopping and to sample the relaxed enjoyable atmosphere/ environment that really did exist.

Another point.....why do our local council start housing all the junkies in and around the city centre in places like St Catherine's square.....I recall trying to get my foot on the property market not so long ago and it was almost impossible from a financial point of view.......what chance do kids now have if they are forced to live next door to state sponsored drug addicts?????

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If only you could walk in the shoes of one of lifes misfortunates......just for a day, an hour.............Sounds like you have a home, and internet, a sober mind and some political views.... god bless you mate.

To true My Spazz, by christ this government /  coalition has done its job well, say something often enough people believe it they have got people right where they want them, neighbor turning on each other people believing the myth that people on benefits are scroungers and should get a job no that easy.

You see people who look perfectly normal, what you cannot see or feel is the constant pain they can be in from chronic Arthritis, Claudication in the legs making it impossible to walk far before needing to sit down the list is endless but these people get castigated from every angle , and Atos say they are fit to work because you can push a button or lift a empty cardboard box, or walk 20 meters unaided.

To true My Spazz, by christ this government / coalition has done its job well, say something often enough people believe it they have got people right where they want them, neighbor turning on each other people believing the myth that people on benefits are scroungers and should get a job no that easy.

You see people who look perfectly normal, what you cannot see or feel is the constant pain they can be in from chronic Arthritis, Claudication in the legs making it impossible to walk far before needing to sit down the list is endless but these people get castigated from every angle , and Atos say they are fit to work because you can push a button or lift a empty cardboard box, or walk 20 meters unaided.

I don't see anyone making those claims at all. I have friends/family that are supported by benefits because they simply can't work. These illnesses are not of their own making and they simply can't work. That's entirely different to what's being spoken about. It's people like these ones that are finding it so difficult to get support because of the huge amount of people that have and still do play the system. Maybe people need to be given more credit and be assumed the issues the mention is seen with their own eyes- rather than assuming their opinions are formed by politicians.

Do the government (no matter who is in power) make people dump rubbish in their own garden or neglect care of their property? Do the government stop people from taking care of their property?

Can understand where you are coming from Slick, but no matter there are always people who play the system that will never change, dont know what it is like up there , but down here people who are genuinely ill on benefits are being called in by Atos and being told they are fit for work, Soldiers with legs blown off, Terminally ill all to balance the books and bring down the welfare payments 1% of gdp, = 3 Billion pounds, if Voda phone paid there due Tax which they have avoided 4 Billion and the Chairman off HSBC had paid there tax 78 million Avoided we wouldnt be in this mess. 

Do the government (no matter who is in power) make people dump rubbish in their own garden or neglect care of their property? Do the government stop people from taking care of their property?

--------------------------

Are you talking about these benefit subsidised farmers that litter their land with battered old machinery / vehicles ...???

What if you want rubbish in your garden...........who are you to judge,  the folk with stuff in their garden could easily point the finger at you for anal tidiness

Live and let live brother. Each to their own.

Did I read somewhere that the council were pumping millions into Perth Theatre AND they are paying a large amount for Loans they have taken out to make ends meet.

Without laying blame I think the Westminster government have clawed back millions for councils and seem to give it to overseas countries?

Aye, but generally in the form of Cruise Missiles and cluster bombs. ;)

--------------------------

Are you talking about these benefit subsidised farmers that litter their land with battered old machinery / vehicles ...???

What if you want rubbish in your garden...........who are you to judge, the folk with stuff in their garden could easily point the finger at you for anal tidiness

Live and let live brother. Each to their own.

I have little knowledge of farmer subsidies to be honest, but to be fair most farmers don't have several neighbours living yards away.

Nothing wrong with a healthy pride in yourself and your property. Nothing anal about looking after the things we all work hard for. Nothing anal about paying a fortune in taxes and hoping that others show appreciation for the things they are given free of charge.

I have a home.....I have the Internet .....on occasion I like a drink........but I grew up in a house with no heating.....an alcoholic father.....no household luxuries.....but......I made a choice to opt out of the environment I grew up in by working relatively hard to secure a better life.....don't automatically assume that because I criticise an area or indeed certain people that I have not "walked in their shoes"........plenty of good people in Muirton, hunters and the likes.....communities can have an astonishing influence in turning things around.....and they manage it themselves not by throwing money at it and wasting valuable resources......

I have sympathy for a lot of that, and experienced a lot of that. I now have a bat shit crazy invisible physical, I stress physical in case Babychunder is online, disability that means I can't do my garden, which is now a disgrace.

If I was a council tenant, apart from all the usual sociopathic oppression I would be facing from the pampered rich public school boys that 55% of you bizarrely chose to open your buttocks to and allow them to keep on fekking you balls deep, you would evict me. Hurrah! That'll keep the deficit down.

Because I was lucky enough to remain fit in earlier life, and worked my arse off, I could afford to hire a guy to sort it out. Probably will, although it was not the way I was raised.

Imagine if you were me with no money, who never had money because of shite schools, shite health care, shite home environment, and then got ill, you couldn't do that.

In a decent society you would be helped to help yourself.

In today's GREAT Britain, you simply become part of the propaganda machine. You're a lazy cu nt, you are to blame for the deficit, you must be punished, it was your fault. You made the banks do all that. Meanwhile, the guys that are ass fekking you will keep on making their millions, through corrupt family and class and party connections. Which you are excluded from.

And just to keep you from understanding that, remember its all the fault of black, poor people trying to kill you. With weapons we sold to them. Start just enough wars an shit, show enough tv pictures of those bad, bad people in Calais, and you won't notice that you are being royally fekked up the ass so that the ruling elite can continue ripping the piss out of you, in the few moments they can spare from raping kids.

The SNP get it. Corbyn gets it. Millions are starting to get it. WAKE UP!

And by the way, I am no leftie. Wishy washy centre left. Time to wake up.

Like your post Abernethy apart from the N word, your last two sentences about sums it up, thats what the ruling elite big businesses and Bilderburg group are running scared off, its control of the masses,why do you think all the migrants are coming its easier to control us if we are all together residing in Europe,why the build up off the EU army, its coming time for people to wake up and smell the coffee.

Wonder if Athens agrees with me ?????

Edited by sixties saintee

The use of the n word would of course never pass my lips unless explaining the views of the racists that rule us. Don't be afraid of the word. There are people on this site who think it is ok to call people a nigger. To oppose them, you have to use the word.

The guy who said he made it out of the hood, well done. Well done for noticing the alcoholic ways of your folks and putting a kibosh on that illness running through your family. Having lived it first hand, i would say you are one of the folk who can best sympathise and understand that there isn't an easy way out, that the step from the bottom to the first level is HUGE. Most people in the depths of social standing, be it mental, economic, educational or geographic really are without the resources to get off their arse.....throw in some alcohol, pills from the Doc or dealer and all is lost....................

As for saying nigger.....hrm.... a pretty distastful word, but still only a word. Not sure it has any positive use ....but it's a word...just a word! Same with C-unt. If you can't handle that word hrm..... 

As for Gardens...... what if Tracey Emin lived next door to you and left it in a heap.............then called it art.....would that be ok?

LIVE & LET LIVE. GOODWILL TO ALL (even Rangers fans!) :)

MON THE SAINTS 

As for Gardens...... what if Tracey Emin lived next door to you and left it in a heap.............then called it art.....would that be ok?

I'm pretty sure the value of my house would rocket as some muppet would pay big money to look at it from the window and try to find hidden meaning in the old sofa and Johnny wrappers... So yes, in that case it would be ok

So expecting homes kept in presentable order to add to the regeneration of a city and improving it's reputation makes you have certain political views or support racists?

No I didn't mean that. I actually haven't a clue what the hell I was trying to say in my second post. The first rant was no bad though - I was in rant mode on Twitter and seemed to have just kept going when I dropped into this site! Ah Saturday nights on the bevvy!

Wow. Very contraversional. Watch you don't get a banning order led from the hierarchy posters.  

I once got a banning order. Wasn't allowed to contact any pest control company within a 30 mile radius. Seemingly, answering the door stark naked, at every call-out, and claiming the moths ate my clothes wasn't accepted by the Sherriff. So much for Rentathrill.

Was back Up in Perth for a few weeks with the family recently, and i have to say it was the best Perth has looked in years.

There is investment in the city. New city centre hotel, regeneration of theatre, a great Perth show on the inch, really liked the inveralmond retail shops (been there for a while I know but first time I uses then), much improved tourist info centre in its old spot back on high Street, excellent new use if fair maids house that is free to use and excellent for schools and maybe I have my tinted specs on again, but not so many empty retail spaces?

Also...how amasing is rural perthshire?!?! Noone in Perth should be fat or unhealthy! There is so much to do for free......it's genuinely the best place on earth.

Back in essex.....lots of traffic and roaming migrants wandering the m25 trying to hitch a ride!

Was back Up in Perth for a few weeks with the family recently, and i have to say it was the best Perth has looked in years.

There is investment in the city. New city centre hotel, regeneration of theatre, a great Perth show on the inch, really liked the inveralmond retail shops (been there for a while I know but first time I uses then), much improved tourist info centre in its old spot back on high Street, excellent new use if fair maids house that is free to use and excellent for schools and maybe I have my tinted specs on again, but not so many empty retail spaces?

Also...how amasing is rural perthshire?!?! Noone in Perth should be fat or unhealthy! There is so much to do for free......it's genuinely the best place on earth.

Back in essex.....lots of traffic and roaming migrants wandering the m25 trying to hitch a ride!

Nice to hear some positive comments! There are quite a few empty units in the St john's centre, but other than that the city centre has definitely picked up in the last year or so, and i don't really see any major crisis.

People from elsewhere in the country still have a pretty positive image of Perth. I chose move back to perth a few years ago - left when i was 17 to go to uni and never thought i'd return, but 15 years later i felt drawn back every time i visited, and eventually moved. A lot of the friends we have made since we returned are not originally from perth, and moved here because they fell in love with the city and its surroundings.