Other games on the go

Edstar101

• 3 weeks later...

Gimme a break Sixties my friend!  we have had little to shout about for long enough, to be up there after a quarter is a phenomenal start, but that’s all it is,  I’m not counting any chickens, but we look strong in all departments, if we can avoid injuries to 3 or 4 key players, we even appear to have some depth to the squad. It will get harder this quarter, teams sus you out and make adjustments and the margins in this league are wafer thin!  This will be an interesting week, we play Well, Livi, and Saints all teams with the potential to be after a top six spot…..good to bank 3 points on Saturday…..very much looking forward to the next 2 fixtures.:cool:

45 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Gimme a break Sixties my friend!  we have had little to shout about for long enough, to be up there after a quarter is a phenomenal start, but that’s all it is,  I’m not counting any chickens, but we look strong in all departments, if we can avoid injuries to 3 or 4 key players, we even appear to have some depth to the squad. It will get harder this quarter, teams sus you out and make adjustments and the margins in this league are wafer thin!  This will be an interesting week, we play Well, Livi, and Saints all teams with the potential to be after a top six spot…..good to bank 3 points on Saturday…..very much looking forward to the next 2 fixtures.:cool:

Just shows what a change of manager & a couple of signings can do.

Most Arabs didn't want Tam as the manager.

Who would have thought Fuchs & Palett would turn out to be so different from last season.

Must admit I thought they would be in bottom 4.

Bottom line is will they survive financially.

They will be hoping they get the £3 million sell on for their ex centre half. I think they will ,as he is miles ahead of his big brother.

Yes most Arabs saw Tam’s appointment as the ‘cheap’ option, I suspect Micky Mellon did not fancy a new season with trimmed budgets, that’s his call, he has an impressive CV, did not want to risk it.  

Not sure what you mean about Fuchs he has been impressive since he came, I doubt he’ll be here after January. Pawlett has his qualities, you know you have a good player when opponents hate him so much.  Mulgrew has been the outstanding signing, but you don’t get 40 caps for being second rate, even for Scotland!  Our new Finnish lad seems to have adapted quicker than yours, strong, direct and skilful.

Harry Soutar hardly played for us, but if you put resources into developing young players it is right that you get the rewards if they end up in the madness of EPL.

Finances are still a problem, we cannot go on turning in accounts like the last two sets, but the chairman/owners seem happy enough, for the moment.