May 17th 2017 - Hearts at McD

Shibbydoo

Well, the start of that match was like Luzern - being slowly roasted by the sun while my retinas burned out. Sadly, the fitba on the park wasn't as hot. Not much of a game, really, but a good goal from Kane, and it means I've gone through the season with a 100% record: seen four, won four (Hearts twice, Well and Partick). I doubt I've ever come close to achieving that before so I'll take it.

Next stop Europe. As long as it's not Kosova.

Now I'm going to soak my poor tortured knees. I'm too old for Buckie Braes, with or without the dogging.

Good team performance kane took his goal well unlucky to hit the bar after that mannus had some good saves, Craig Thompson played well let's hope that is the start for him and Kano  establishing themselves as first team regulars 

thought Thomson was okay, but I think he needs to beef up a bit because he gets knocked off the ball a bit too much. Not sure about Kane and Thomson in the same team because they're both pretty small. You need a big Macca type too.

Kane was excellent. Held it up well and played well on the shoulder and got lots of shots away first half. Second half we had 8 men camped in our own half so never got close to supporting the strikers. 

Old habbits die hard and this team are so used to defending a lead and grinding out wins they will do it even in a seemingly meaningless game. If I was being critical it would have been nice to see them more positive  but that's being picky. Terrific first half though.

Mannus, Joe, Scobbie, Kane and Swanson all played well though nobody really played poorly.

Hearts are rubbish.

Edited by Broon

Great to come back home and watch Saints win with my two boys with me. Great to see some oldfaces and catch up. When we looked at the team sheet before the game, it looked very attack minded. Only small issue I have is the game lacked any real flair or entertainment. Must have seen the smallest Hearts support at Perth ever but who can blame them. Off to Perth Races tomorrow.

Edited by AthensSaint

Well, that is our first pre-season / pre-Europa challenge match out the way.

Good comanding performance like a Real Madrid style in first half and turned it around second half, to a replicate a good Juventus style. 

Decent run out ahead of next month's Europa.  Win. Shut out. No reds. No injuries. I'd say roll on the next friendly on Sunday.

I don't think Thomson was pish, but I'm not convinced the lad himself believes he should be at this level. He just lacks that bit of confidence. That, and the slightness of his frame, means he can get bullied on the park. And it makes him tentative. That goal he scored, he managed to overcome the tentativeness and just went for it. He needs to trust himself like that more often. I wish him well.