Lack of Ambition or Direction

St Mikey

People need to stop embarrassing themselves. 

We've brought in some good players over the summer. 

Scougall, MOH till Jan. Good players overall. Spoony is looking like he could be the man this year so far. 

Kane has gone out on loan... You'd think he was ****in Messi. Hes scored 10 goals in around 80 appearances. He has never been able to be a regular in our side. He probably never will be but yet people are in meltdown about it!!! 

No one even knows if we tried to sign Sammon or Storey. Just because a newspaper says we were interested DOESN'T MAKE IT FACT. 

Just because we've not signed someone instantly does not mean the world is going to end. The window does not end until the end of August. Just under 3 weeks away. 

Give the club till then to find another striker. Negotiations take time, maybe he needs to agree settlement with current club. Maybe he needs a work permit, maybe he's got a slight injury and we're waiting till thats recovered prior to a medical, maybe his current club wont allow him to move until they get his replacement. PATIENCE. 

Just because its not instant people are losing their ****in minds. 

Don't give me some pish about people are allowed their own opinion either. Yes they are allowed an opinion bbut to many are getting far to upset just because they're ****in impatient! Its not opinion, some of its stupidity. 

Edited by Perth Guy

People need to stop embarrassing themselves. 

We've brought in some good players over the summer. 

Scougall, MOH till Jan. Good players overall. Spoony is looking like he could be the man this year so far. 

Kane has gone out on loan... You'd think he was ****in Messi. Hes scored 10 goals in around 80 appearances. He has never been able to be a regular in our side. He probably never will be but yet people are in meltdown about it!!! 

No one even knows if we tried to sign Sammon or Storey. Just because a newspaper says we were interested DOESN'T MAKE IT FACT. 

Just because we've not signed someone instantly does not mean the world is going to end. The window does not end until the end of August. Just under 3 weeks away. 

Give the club till then to find another striker. Negotiations take time, maybe he needs to agree settlement with current club. Maybe he needs a work permit, maybe he's got a slight injury and we're waiting till thats recovered prior to a medical, maybe his current club wont allow him to move until they get his replacement. PATIENCE. 

Just because its not instant people are losing their ****in minds. 

Don't give me some pish about people are allowed their own opinion either. Yes they are allowed an opinion bbut to many are getting far to upset just because they're ****in impatient! Its not opinion, some of its stupidity. 

As a club were getting complacent.. The supporters deserve more urgency and excitement

As a club were getting complacent.. The supporters deserve more urgency and excitement

Thinks can't just be instant and urgent though because people demand it to be. 

Its not how the world works! There could be a dozen reasons why something hasnt happened yet, the reason cant just magically go away "cause fans deserve urgency". 

Say for example the player needs a work permit. "Home office, hurry up please because our supporters are bloody impatient" just no!

Or if his current club are not allowing him to leave as another teammate is injured so if they allow him to leave they'd be short. "OI injury heal faster please because Perth people are having a meltdown". No...

Things dont just happen overnight cause you all expect it too. 

Edited by Perth Guy

I love how people whinging at people having meltdowns about the club have bigger meltdowns about the meltdowns than the folk they're moaning about.

Its because its embarrassing and I personally cannot cope with listening to over hysterical grown ups who behave like they're about 12. Just because its football. I wish people got that upset about real things, like how the country is run or even their job. 

Guest ScottMann

Its because its embarrassing and I personally cannot cope with listening to over hysterical grown ups who behave like they're about 12. Just because its football. I wish people got that upset about real things, like how the country is run or even their job. 

I take it you're not grown up then?

Fact there is zero communication and a hell of a lot of frustrated supporters any news is good news it shows how were being proactive

The thing is, there has been plenty of communication over the summer. What more do you expect them to say? I asked this same question to somebody else in the contracts thread, maybe you could answer...

"We know what the plans are for the team, Tommy has quite clearly stated a number of times throughout the summer in the press and in interviews with our own media that he's looking for one, maybe two, strikers to come in and that we are (and have been) in discussions with a number of options.

If that information isn't satisfactory, but you don't want them to come out and mention the names of these targets, exactly how specific would you expect them to be?"

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

Some open honest statements regarding previously mentioned targets ... Stoprey ex

You can't surely expect clubs to comment on every player that the papers decide to link them with.

Besides, Storey and Sammon were only unveiled by Partick yesterday lunchtime. Are you saying the club should immediately have released a statement to say that they chose another team over us? If that was in fact the situation. 

Can you imagine if we did that every time we got outbid for a player? It would be the ultimate piece of negative PR. How would we ever attract anybody to even open talks if we constantly shoot ourselves in the foot publicly.

First time in our history that we've won 3 from 3 in the top division. 

I hate this lack of ambition or direction from the club.

Where are you Mikey? I want to know your thoughts!

So what? Because we've won 3 in the league and suddenly that changes it all and we are Championship contenders? **** no. We could loose heavily against Celtic then the next 7/8 games like we did a few seasons ago. But hey it's better than we were back in the day when we nearly went bust. 

My point is still a lack of ambition and direction as we still require a striker as Macca cannot do it all on his own.

At times today it was easy to see that we require strengthening and a direction of how to play. We scored, they never but with the wind we never shot from distance? Is that the direction of the tactics or lack of belief in scoring. The ambition to try your luck to score in those situations was not there. 

Has the clubs thoughts on the season changed with 3 league wins, no.

Are we getting in another quality signing, perhaps not.

Im delighted we are doing so well but we were put out a cup competition we should've been looking at getting to the semi finals.

So what? Because we've won 3 in the league and suddenly that changes it all and we are Championship contenders? **** no. We could loose heavily against Celtic then the next 7/8 games like we did a few seasons ago. But hey it's better than we were back in the day when we nearly went bust. 

My point is still a lack of ambition and direction as we still require a striker as Macca cannot do it all on his own.

At times today it was easy to see that we require strengthening and a direction of how to play. We scored, they never but with the wind we never shot from distance? Is that the direction of the tactics or lack of belief in scoring. The ambition to try your luck to score in those situations was not there. 

Im delighted we are doing so well but we were put out a cup competition we should've been looking at getting to the semi finals.

Do you want some ladders to get out of that hole?

We are in the market for a striker. The fact that we're taking our time to get the right player to improve the starting 11 shows a very clear direction and ambition.

How many times do the club need to say "we are in the market for a striker" publicly? 

Edited by Pat McGroin

SHUT THE FECK UP

Saw this and just thought it was worth adding to the thread.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41037782

"Johnstone hopes Wright can help him improve as a player and added: "There is nothing better than playing for a club that has good ambition and St Johnstone have definitely got that.""