St Johnstone v Falkirk Tuesday 24 July 2018 League Cup Group Game 3

Radford 72

2 minutes ago, Gas Monkey said:

Was it just me or were the subs not mentioned in the team announcement? I really struggled to make out the PA announcements last night. Maybe an age thing or did anyone else notice??

Subs were definitely mentioned. Can't hear the announcements from the East when there's applause though. 

13 hours ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Still means forfar can go level with saints if they beat us, but we have a better goal difference at the moment 

But if they beat us even 1 - 0 the goal differences will be equal ( +1 ).  Then I fear the result between the two teams will decide.

21 minutes ago, south inch said:

But if they beat us even 1 - 0 the goal differences will be equal ( +1 ).  Then I fear the result between the two teams will decide.

If points and goal difference are equal they'd use goals scored. Forfar currently have four to our two, so Forfar would finish top, and we'd go out as eight points won't be good enough to be one of the best four runners up. 

Edited by RandomGuy

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

If points and goal difference are equal they'd use goals scored. Forfar currently have four to our two, so Forfar would finish top, and we'd go out as eight points won't be good enough to be one of the best four runners up. 

Thanks, at least the decision will be based on what happens on the pitch rather than the toss of a coin.

Hopefully, we will render this all academic - by winning!!

9 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I base everything on how our big team of 2013/14 got on. So for this match it’s 4-0 to beat. Anything less represents decline. Never mind how different other teams are now :)

On 25/07/2018 at 9:24 PM, sleepless said:

am I right in thinking the only time we've lost to a lower league team for about eight years or so is against QoS in the Scottish Cup in 2015?

Rangers in league cup in 2015ish and Hibs in league cup semi final in 2016. Much bigger budgets, but both were a league below I think.

Very much from a Falkirk point of view, which is fair enough. Nice to see the goal, and how good the pitch is looking.  Not great viewing for Spoony though as they've captured his two worst passes of the night!

Disappointing Saints don't do anything these days, especially when you consider East Fife, Montrose and now Falkirk have all produced a highlights package.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Very much from a Falkirk point of view, which is fair enough. Nice to see the goal, and how good the pitch is looking.  Not great viewing for Spoony though as they've captured his two worst passes of the night!

Disappointing Saints don't do anything these days, especially when you consider East Fife, Montrose and now Falkirk have all produced a highlights package.

And lowly Berwick.