Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

1 hour ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Aye ,?How ?Was he not man of the match  v Aberdeen recently 

Wage thieff really??And as I said above how the fck does this dude know his wages 

Speculation and opinions ie claims of wages thieff 

Totally agree. No one's a "wage thief". It's a ridiculous way to speak about our players.

2 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

If so hes a wage thief.

1 hour ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Aye ,?How ?Was he not man of the match  v Aberdeen recently 

Wage thieff really??And as I said above how the fck does this dude know his wages 

Speculation and opinions ie claims of wages thieff 

19 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Totally agree. No one's a "wage thief". It's a ridiculous way to speak about our players.

Is a “wage thief” not Scottish football forum vernacular for someone who is a bit pish but is one of our higher earners? If so, I think it’s fair to say that @sixties saintee isn’t a million miles away...

34 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Is a “wage thief” not Scottish football forum vernacular for someone who is a bit pish but is one of our higher earners? If so, I think it’s fair to say that @sixties saintee isn’t a million miles away...

What is the Scottish Football term for folk that talk 5h1te and make claims of a players wage without any real proof and then accuse the player of being a thief?? :roll:

I find it incredible that you are quoting a players alleged wage on social media then calling him a thief and then saying he is pish. That is not being a supporter! that is being a  keyboard warrior. . I hope to god he plays on Sunday and sticks these statements rights up where the sun does not shine!!:roll:

26 minutes ago, mainstand said:

What is the Scottish Football term for folk that talk 5h1te and make claims of a players wage without any real proof and then accuse the player of being a thief?? :roll:

I find it incredible that you are quoting a players alleged wage on social media then calling him a thief and then saying he is pish. That is not being a supporter! that is being a  keyboard warrior. . I hope to god he plays on Sunday and sticks these statements rights up where the sun does not shine!!:roll:

And I’m the keyboard warrior..:roll:

It’s fine to disagree, you don’t need to get your knickers in a twist and get all personal.

For what it’s worth, I never said he was a wage thief, I tried to make light of you and another poster getting all hysterical about sixties saint saying he was.

The most interesting thing for me is that you think Bryson is worthy of being one of the top earners at the club. I must have been watching a different football team for the past few months. 

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

It’s fine to disagree, you don’t need to get your knickers in a twist and get all personal.

For what it’s worth, I never said he was a wage thief, I tried to make light of you and another poster getting all hysterical about sixties saint saying he was.

The most interesting thing for me is that you think Bryson is worthy of being one of the top earners at the club. I must have been watching a different football team for the past few months. 

Not being worthy of something doesn’t make you a thief it makes you unworthy:rolleyes::rolleyes:

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

You have still not answered the question. How do you know he is on £74000 per year. 

And I don't agree with you I think he has been okay. 

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Now you have been coming on here long enough you dont say anything controversial, you have to toe the party line , never have never will.

Players have roughly a 15 year career versus the rest of us with 40 year career, in real terms this would be maybe $27k a year. Its not exactly life changing money.

I don't think transparency on wage is a bad thing or controversial for any public business or sport team, standard MO in the US.

Brings an added dimension to the stats arguments with ROI. Zander may cost us 500 quid a save but Allan McGregor 10k a save ;)  

Allan McGregor £13,000/week £676,000 37

- base salary

17 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Does anyone know the average wage for a 1st squad player? Imagine May, McCart, Kerr, McCann will be on decent weekly wages. Fair play. I thought Saints policy was around 2-3k per week, with the odd player on more. Don't think it's right to be singling out individual players wages though. 

Average basic salary equates to around £1200-£1400 per week. Basic salaries aren’t a very good measure for Saints anyway. There are a VAST variety of bonuses, expenses and incentives  on offer which vary wildly from player to player.

I am of course, making this up :roll:

16 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Does anyone know the average wage for a 1st squad player? Imagine May, McCart, Kerr, McCann will be on decent weekly wages. Fair play. I thought Saints policy was around 2-3k per week, with the odd player on more. Don't think it's right to be singling out individual players wages though. 

May and Kerr are top 4 or 5 earners at the club. May is the highest basic salary... McCart is one of the lower first team earners. I am not sure of McCann’s.

With Tommy Wright being installed as Kilmarnock manager, it has perhaps sharpened minds when it comes to members of our squad that we should resign as a matter of urgency and equally perhaps players we should offload to free up wages to offer some of said players a contract adequate enough for them to sign. This is the list of players who can leave in the summer:

Stevie May

Craig Bryson

Craig Conway

Michael O’Halloran

Murray Davidson

Callum Booth

Guy Melamed

Scott Tanser

Chris Kane

Charlie Gilmour

Liam Craig 

Elliot Parish

who stays who goes?

24 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

May and Kerr are top 4 or 5 earners at the club. May is the highest basic salary... McCart is one of the lower first team earners. I am not sure of McCann’s.

Again...how do you know this

Not calling you a liar mire calling you out on how you have this information 

31 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

With Tommy Wright being installed as Kilmarnock manager, it has perhaps sharpened minds when it comes to members of our squad that we should resign as a matter of urgency and equally perhaps players we should offload to free up wages to offer some of said players a contract adequate enough for them to sign. This is the list of players who can leave in the summer:

Stevie May

Craig Bryson

Craig Conway

Michael O’Halloran

Murray Davidson

Callum Booth

Guy Melamed

Scott Tanser

Chris Kane

Charlie Gilmour

Liam Craig 

Elliot Parish

who stays who goes?

Scary list but not sure many of them will fancy playing against Arbroath next season