New Manager

Linky

8 hours ago, Linky said:

Wotte's CV is pretty varied - not sure if that's a good thing. He's never stayed anywhere for very long.

He will have plenty of connections, but he might have made some enemies in the Scottish FA too.

Similar to another couple of Dutch coaches I  could name, Advocaat and Van Gaal. Moved around loads and not many failures between them. 

So here's a scenario. Wotte comes in for a couple of seasons with, say, Liam as his apprentice.

He's worked in Scotland quite recently so I'm pretty sure he'll know where Saints stand on wages etc.

Discuss.

9 minutes ago, cristo said:

Similar to another couple of Dutch coaches I  could name, Advocaat and Van Gaal. Moved around loads and not many failures between them. 

So here's a scenario. Wotte comes in for a couple of seasons with, say, Liam as his apprentice.

He's worked in Scotland quite recently so I'm pretty sure he'll know where Saints stand on wages etc.

Discuss.

There are worse options out there. At least he knows the Scottish game, & will have an idea of the sort of budgets we’re looking at (something which I expect would shock the likes of Boa Morte or McCarthy).

2 hours ago, cristo said:

Discuss.

He was highly thought of by the SFA and from memory had good relations with a lot of the managers. Think it was a shock when he left the Sfa. 

12 hours ago, Linky said:

There are worse options out there. At least he knows the Scottish game, & will have an idea of the sort of budgets we’re looking at (something which I expect would shock the likes of Boa Morte or McCarthy).

McCarthy worked for a spell at Hibs and seems to have been knocking around Scotland for a while, so I guess he could conceivably be a bit more informed on Scottish budgets etc than people might think. Agree on Boa Morte, although he's perhaps no less clued up on the Scottish game than Lomas was.

Can't see either of them being in the frame though.

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I’ve not heard too many people discussing the merits of Paul Sheerin.

Thoughts?

I love Paul Sheerin with all of my heart. Actual, genuine, bottom-of-the-heart love. But I'd be worried about the risk of him tarnishing his reputation if he came back as manager and was anything less than sensational.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I love Paul Sheerin with all of my heart. Actual, genuine, bottom-of-the-heart love. But I'd be worried about the risk of him tarnishing his reputation if he came back as manager and was anything less than sensational.

I think when left Arbroath McInness made him youth coach at Aberdeen & think he is doing a decent job. I think he is often him the dugout with Del & assistant.

Don't think I want him as Saints manager though.

56 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I thought he’d gone stale at Arbroath and joined Aberdeen further down the line after being unemployed for a bit 

He for Arbroath promoyed in his first year and them got relegated the following year. Left at the end of the season. Won U17 league with saints and reserve league with Aberdeen and made 2 youth finals so not bad experience with teams.