VAR

OldPoster

7 hours ago, saintgscot said:

I do get it and must sit near you as it was right in front of me. Also not all straight red card has to go to VAR. So maybe I do get it

VAR assist with all straight red cards, not yellow or second yellow, award or non award of penalties, goals and mistaken identity. FWIW, it’s not a red card for me, but I also don’t think there’s enough in it for VAR to be getting involved and overturning it once the referee has made his decision.

5 hours ago, chips said:

Didn't think it was a red at the time, I'm just baffled why it took the ref about 4 minutes to make that decision considering he watched it numerous times on a screen 

30 or 40 times according to McInnes :)

Edited by andrew

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

Very strange decision to not send Gordon off for Hearts yesterday despite already being on a yellow card but still awarding a penalty. Zander not having any luck getting a game. 

Watched the recording and for the life of me can't understand why Gordon didn't receive a second yellow card.

VAR only as good as the clowns operating it.

1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Watched the recording and for the life of me can't understand why Gordon didn't receive a second yellow card.

VAR only as good as the clowns operating it.

Seamingly, he booked him first time fir speaking to him efter sending off, told him as Captain he was entitled tae speak tae him, let him off way second booking by aw accounts

20 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Seamingly, he booked him first time fir speaking to him efter sending off, told him as Captain he was entitled tae speak tae him, let him off way second booking by aw accounts

Didnae book him second time cause he booked him in error first time.

Tells you everything you need to know about refereeing standards.

Brian McLaughlin said yesterday that because the ball was going away from goal when Gordon catches Moult, it wasn’t a second booking. Didn’t reveal who told him that, but makes no sense to me - as Richard Gordon said, if you do the same in the middle of the park and the ball goes out for a throw-in, it’s still a booking. Not a VAR issue because it’s not a straight red, just more incompetence from Kevin Clancy. 

On VAR, three games in for Saints and I’d say I’ve been happy with how it’s been used in two. Felt it worked well yesterday. Still not a fan of it though.  

6 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

VAR doesn't do 2nd yellow issues I think. Would be up to the refs decision.

Don’t think they can review first yellows either. Bit like the appeals system if straight red they can VAR but yellow can’t. Looks like I’m mistaken on offside rule seems different up here to Engerland with the VAR.

6 hours ago, saintgscot said:

Don’t think they can review first yellows either. Bit like the appeals system if straight red they can VAR but yellow can’t. Looks like I’m mistaken on offside rule seems different up here to Engerland with the VAR.

Offside only looked at if a penalty or a goal.

For example if an offside in the build up to a corner that a goal is scored from then they will only look from the corner being taken.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Two Cups 2021 said:

Strange how VAR wasn't called into action when James Sands cleared the ball with his upper arm , in the penalty area , in game against Hibs.

Fairly sure Ian Crocker had said they looked at it and decided it wasn’t a penalty. Would’ve been incredibly harsh for me 

4 hours ago, Two Cups 2021 said:

Strange how VAR wasn't called into action when James Sands cleared the ball with his upper arm , in the penalty area , in game against Hibs.

Even if it had hit his lower arm I don't think it was a pen as he was trying to keep his arm out of way.

Good to see VAR quiet last night for a change. Shoul just he used for contentious decisions and offside.

5 hours ago, Cagey said:

Even if it had hit his lower arm I don't think it was a pen as he was trying to keep his arm out of way.

Good to see VAR quiet last night for a change. Shoul just he used for contentious decisions and offside.

Is it not contentious because it was against the rangers. Been interesting if it had been at the other end. I do it should. I do agree about your thoughts on VAR but I still hate it. 

8 hours ago, Cagey said:

Sorry to disagree , his arm came up to meet the ball. Accidental or otherwise it's a penalty. 

If It happened in a Saints game I would be gutted , however if VAR gave it I would have to take it on the chin.

Deffo a Pen. which would have put Hibees 3-1 ahead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Even when VAR provides the evidence, it would appear that Scottish match officials are blatantly ignoring it If it adversely affects the Ibrox club.

I think Sevco are the only SPFL club who have not had a VAR decision of any sort, go against them. Although I stand to be corrected.

Edited by Indicator