Summer transfers/contracts 2023

garydavidson

12 hours ago, tucker said:

Needing a few players in. No strikers if Stevie gets an injury. McPherson isn't good enough I'm afraid bench warmer at best.

Need a centre half, midfielder,two attacking midfielders/wingers , Striker 

12 hours ago, Brian Potter said:

MacPherson getting the no.8 shirt is just not right. 

You guys are worried about a competent young midfielder like MacPherson when we are potentially going to start the season with Tony Gallagher at LB, Ryan McGowan at RB and Graham Carey & Ali Crawford in midfield. Bigger fish to fry springs to mind!!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

If the stories about our finances are true, then we will be getting down (sic) with the kids this season and make no signings. 

I've seen a few people saying this but I don't see any reason to think we won't make any signings. Macca's made it pretty clear that he has a budget to spend and is actively pursuing targets. 

No matter the financial situation, it'll be much worse if we don't strengthen and end up getting relegated as a result.

I imagine the financial situation is bad, but we've lost of big earners and so there will still be a decent budget. I'm expecting 11 key players, and then 11 youngsters and squad players like Crawford. We just won't be buying in the quantity we did before. If the Bulgarian 'keeper joins and it's a sign of the way forward, it looks like the manager is searching for players of a decent age from England who might put themselves in the shop window to be sold on, which should really be our key market. We have to sign for free, with the view to sell on for a fee.

21 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

If the stories about our finances are true, then we will be getting down (sic) with the kids this season and make no signings. 

"We are close, hopefully in the next day or two we will have a signing. We are working on a few others. There have been a few knock backs but I know where the club is financially and if people are demanding a load of money then I am not overpaying for them . We have a budget and I am comfortable with it."

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/minutes-from-last-meeting

38 minutes ago, Dooj said:

Does the PA still come out on a Friday? If so, maybe the club is letting them have their 'scoop'.

I'd be pretty surprised if waiting for PA pub days to give the paper the scoop was still a thing. The PA posts online updates every day, just like other papers, and the club's own social media is generally where signings are first revealed now.

3 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'd be pretty surprised if waiting for PA pub days to give the paper the scoop was still a thing. The PA posts online updates every day, just like other papers, and the club's own social media is generally where signings are first revealed now.

Yes, I should have added some emojis to my post to indicate my intended meaning of the pointlessness of any paper trying to 'scoop' anything nowadays. 

42 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I never believe these deals are done until the club actually announces they are. We've seen these things fall apart so many times in the past.

It seems to be taking a long time to get this over the line.

50 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I never believe these deals are done until the club actually announces they are. We've seen these things fall apart so many times in the past.

Surely Cambridge would offer better terms then we would be offering?