January Transfer Window

pezza70

17 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Why would you wish that on anybody?

Why would I want his Saints career to be over? 

Because he's shite and contributes 0 when he's been fit. Hopefully when we're rid of him we'll get a replacement that will actually be able to perform.

What a waste of time and money he's been.

Edited by rik2304

Just now, rik2304 said:

Why would I want his Saints career to be over? 

Because he's shite and contributes 0 when he's bee fit. Hopefully when we're rid of him we'll get a replacement that will actually be able to perform.

But we still have to pay him! And why anyone would wish injury on someone else,is beyond me !

2 minutes ago, dave mc said:

But we still have to pay him! And why anyone would wish injury on someone else,is beyond me !

I haven't wished for him to be injured but if he's had a season ending operation...that will hopefully contribute to him being released and we can move on. Then every cloud has a silver lining. 

7 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

I haven't wished for him to be injured but if he's had a season ending operation...that will hopefully contribute to him being released and we can move on. Then every cloud has a silver lining. 

He’d always be leaving,but we’ll be paying for nothing,whilst we’re trying to cut costs ?

8 hours ago, Linky said:

I wonder if we'll try to get Van Veen on loan. Looks like he wants to come back to Scotland, and might want a 6 month goal scoring streak in the hope that someone like Hearts will offer a contract?

Could we afford him though being realistic?

Would be a quality signing though.  

9 hours ago, dave mc said:

He’d always be leaving,but we’ll be paying for nothing,whilst we’re trying to cut costs ?

I suppose the insurance policy to cover injury to players would be astronomical,therefore no cover.

Perhaps he could get statutory sick pay that Saints could deduct from his salary. That might save £100 quid a week or something 😄

14 hours ago, Linky said:

Not permanently, but they want him off the wage bill for 6 months to put him in the shop window. Depends who else is looking and what they are offering 

Its being reported they want a 6 figure fee simply to loan him, plus a large chunk of his wages paid, which are multiples of our highest earner.

Hes not realistic at all, and honestly im not sure he would even be worth spending so much on either.

Grady McGrath will be an interesting one if it happens.

I presume this would be Levein's project player.

Moving up such a large distance in quality hasn't always worked out for our players.

Remember the free scoring George Hunter?

St Johnstone: Club secure young striker George Hunter - BBC Sport

Playing for Musselburgh now apparently.

Unrelated, but what happened to our highly rated youngster from Shetland?

It was a big story at the time, but I can't seem to remember anything being mentioned about him since.

By the way, Shaun Rooney doesn't seem to be getting a game for Fleetwood.

They now have Lee Johnson in charge after getting rid of Scott Brown, and he doesn't seem to rate him.

He's not played for about a month, but I don't know if he's injured or not.

Sneaky loan move for the problem RWB position?

2 hours ago, Gekko said:

Grady McGrath will be an interesting one if it happens.

I presume this would be Levein's project player.

Moving up such a large distance in quality hasn't always worked out for our players.

Remember the free scoring George Hunter?

St Johnstone: Club secure young striker George Hunter - BBC Sport

Playing for Musselburgh now apparently.

Unrelated, but what happened to our highly rated youngster from Shetland?

It was a big story at the time, but I can't seem to remember anything being mentioned about him since.

Well if u think his name is highly rated youngster from Shetland no wonder u haven't heard of him. BTW what gas happened to him?