January Transfer Window

pezza70

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

https://x.com/edinburghsport/status/1745383681898745939?s=20

Callum Booth says he started considering part time football after another injury in pre-season, and with a business outside football Spartans was the perfect move for him as it allows him to be part time and also closer to home (i guess Edinburgh?).

Love Callum Booth - terrific player for us on his day and a proper legend.

Assuming he departs for good at the end of the season, I sincerely hope it's with a proper announcement from the club with an acknowledgement of what he's done here, as opposed to one sentence saying he's left or chucking his name in with a bunch of released youngsters. 

11 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Love Callum Booth - terrific player for us on his day and a proper legend.

Assuming he departs for good at the end of the season, I sincerely hope it's with a proper announcement from the club with an acknowledgement of what he's done here, as opposed to one sentence saying he's left or chucking his name in with a bunch of released youngsters. 

Think lessons were learned after last Summer.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

https://x.com/edinburghsport/status/1745383681898745939?s=20

Callum Booth says he started considering part time football after another injury in pre-season, and with a business outside football Spartans was the perfect move for him as it allows him to be part time and also closer to home (i guess Edinburgh?).

Assume if he is going part time Saints won't be paying part of his wages.  Mind you if he is on loan rather than being released we probably are.

24 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Assume if he is going part time Saints won't be paying part of his wages.  Mind you if he is on loan rather than being released we probably are.

He'll still be on his full Saints salary until his contract ends, and I can't imagine Spartans will be paying the full whack of that.

16 hours ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

Lessons definitely being learned from last summer, would certainly not expect any repeat.  Big changes being made. 👀

I'll believe it when it's actually happened. We were told there were big changes being made last time, but communication is still pretty poor on the whole. The fans not being given any reason for the Hibs game moving in December, as an example. The weirdly short statement that was made to announce Macca and Liam Craig's departure, as another. And then there's the ongoing silence from the club about the sale situation, while the owner decides to give an exclusive interview about it to a newspaper/website that a lot of fans can't access without having to pay for. It's all just a bit half-hearted and poorly thought out.

2 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'll believe it when it's actually happened. We were told there were big changes being made last time, but communication is still pretty poor on the whole. The fans not being given any reason for the Hibs game moving in December, as an example. The weirdly short statement that was made to announce Macca and Liam Craig's departure, as another.

Still waiting for a new media man and physio I assume.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I'll believe it when it's actually happened. We were told there were big changes being made last time, but communication is still pretty poor on the whole. The fans not being given any reason for the Hibs game moving in December, as an example. The weirdly short statement that was made to announce Macca and Liam Craig's departure, as another. And then there's the ongoing silence from the club about the sale situation, while the owner decides to give an exclusive interview about it to a newspaper/website that a lot of fans can't access without having to pay for. It's all just a bit half-hearted and poorly thought out.

tried to send you a direct message but it wouldn't send for some reason.