January Transfer Window

pezza70

On 1/11/2024 at 1:48 PM, RandomGuy said:

https://x.com/edinburghsport/status/1745383681898745939?s=20

Callum Booth says he started considering part time football after another injury in pre-season, and with a business outside football Spartans was the perfect move for him as it allows him to be part time and also closer to home (i guess Edinburgh?).

Callum lives in Haddington so Spartans is half of the journey to Perth. His business partner is James Craigen, who also plays for Spartans and encouraged him to sign.

Spartans paid upfront cash for him to Saints and are making up some of the rest of his wages with appearance fees, goal fees etc.

We have already covered his wages for this month and more… He is basically off the wage budget if he stays fit

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

14 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

How would we feel about Jephcott returning south and Marc McNulty coming in? 

Think it's pretty clear Jephcott isn't in Levein's plans so if he has alternative options he should be allowed to go whenever he wants to.

Not convinced we actually need to replace him at all unless it's for someone who has an exceptional CV and is too good to turn down. I don't really know anything about McNulty but he doesn't seem to fit that description. With Kimpioka, Clark, May, Kane and DJ in the squad, I'd say we have enough strikers/forwards.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Think it's pretty clear Jephcott isn't in Levein's plans so if he has alternative options he should be allowed to go whenever he wants to.

Not convinced we actually need to replace him at all unless it's for someone who has an exceptional CV and is too good to turn down. I don't really know anything about McNulty but he doesn't seem to fit that description. With Kimpioka, Clark, May, Kane and DJ in the squad, I'd say we have enough strikers/forwards.

I would allow DJ and Turner-Cooke to return to their clubs and put Jephcott out on loan.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Yes, I’d assumed that Kimpioka was Jephcott’s replacement and it was only a matter of time before he was off. 

On 1/15/2024 at 10:52 AM, blueheaven said:

I'm amazed Turner-Cooke is still with us TBH.

It could be that we're paying such a small amount of his wages, that it's just not worth sending him back. I imagine Brown, May and Jephcott are being offered around. Doubt anyone will want Crawford, but Queen's Park on loan maybe or back to Hamilton? Looks like we'll just to pay MacPherson until the end of the season due to injury.

20 minutes ago, Stumpy1949 said:

No nothing changes. He can only play for Wigan or saints. The boss spoke this morning about having him back later in the week. The fact they got beat will probably help us. 

FIFA regs. state a player can register with 3 clubs in a season, but only play for 2.

Strange I know, but doesn't rule out his return.

31 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Confirmed in todays courier Dundee Utd will receive money as well but not Dundee 

Could be £1 million next season so more reason to stay up though we would still get it next season if we go down.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Attacking midfielder, right/left winger according to transfermarkt.

Was on loan at Scun*hope for the first half of the season, and they had an option to buy, but they have a transfer embargo at the moment, so he has gone back north. 

Edited by Saintdunc

2 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Was on loan at Scun*hope for the first half of the season, and they had an option to buy, but they have a transfer embargo at the moment, so he has gone back north. 

Sad that the t has to be dropped. No one would otherwise have thought of the C word

2 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

6 goals and 2 assists in 16 games isnt a bad return from a midfielder.

2 free kicks, and hes played as a winger.

Also worth mentioning Scunthorpe are in the 6th tier down there now, and Jacob Butterfield plays in the same team and has 7 goals.