Scottish cup 2023/24

Cagey

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Totally agree with this.

The people who are to blame for football fans being attacked are the people who do the attacking. It's all a bit cringey really to see people still behaving like that in 2024.

She wore a short skirt type rational this.

The tweeter has culpability

The assaliants direct liability

5 minutes ago, Bruno Strasser said:

A bit surprised that no comment has come from either club given that people were injured.

If there is to be any criminal investigation, then I wouldn’t be saying anything if I were the club. Regardless of anyone’s opinion, I guess the legal process will decide if the tweet, the bottle launcher or both are responsible, and to what degree. We shall see.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Its factual?

Airdrie fans are pretty adamant thats a pub run by an Airdrie fan and theres never been bother there until his tweet, which could easily be read as goading Airdrie fans.

Just because youre friendly with him, and he didnt mean it the way they took it, doesnt make him blameless.

Many don't understand the law: "I didn't mean to (insert act here)"

YOU DO NOT NEED TO MEAN THE OUTCOME TO BE LIABLE

And sending goading tweets to numbnuts had the effect..... the effect positions the person doing the goading in the line of criminal liability

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Have you had a direct conversation with everyone of the idiots that were trying to attack the pub? Did they confirm that they woke up that morning, and decided to attack people and throw bottles?

I know your default position is to be dramatic, but its not as though a section of Airdrie fans do not have a history of attacking random supporters of other clubs.

In 2022 a number of Cove fans were randomly attacked by Airdrie fans - https://news.stv.tv/sport/airdrie-disgusted-after-cove-rangers-fans-attacked-at-league-1-match

In the time that I have supported Saints there has always been incidents when we have played against Airdrie. I remember numerous times Saints supporters buses getting their windows smashed by Airdrie fans. I am sure that the majority of their supporters are decent people just interested in following their club, by the also have a small minority who are well known to cause trouble.  

3 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

I know your default position is to be dramatic, but its not as though a section of Airdrie fans do not have a history of attacking random supporters of other clubs.

In 2022 a number of Cove fans were randomly attacked by Airdrie fans - https://news.stv.tv/sport/airdrie-disgusted-after-cove-rangers-fans-attacked-at-league-1-match

In the time that I have supported Saints there has always been incidents when we have played against Airdrie. I remember numerous times Saints supporters buses getting their windows smashed by Airdrie fans. I am sure that the majority of their supporters are decent people just interested in following their club, by the also have a small minority who are well known to cause trouble.  

Probably best not to tweet your location, say youre wanting a fight and people should bring their mates, when playing Airdrie then?

Just now, RandomGuy said:

Probably best not to tweet your location, say youre wanting a fight and people should bring their mates, when playing Airdrie then?

We are going around in circles here. Them Airdrie fans would have carried out that attack regardless of the tweet. Its a small town, they would have know pretty quickly where most Saints fans were congregating.

You have your thoughts. I have my thoughts. Lets leave it at that

3 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

Them Airdrie fans would have carried out that attack regardless

^^^ See that there, that's absolute pish by the way. We were in the West End, Legends, Masons and the other one across from Masons( canny mind the name). Section B were in Masons. Not one punch was thrown apart from the West End, make of that what you will.

41 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

We are going around in circles here. Them Airdrie fans would have carried out that attack regardless of the tweet. Its a small town, they would have know pretty quickly where most Saints fans were congregating.

Must be a total coincidence nothing happened in all the time fans were both in Airdrie, until shortly after his tweet at the location he stated.

Remarkable.

1 hour ago, MySpazz said:

She wore a short skirt type rational this.

Can you explain what you mean by this please?

I'm saying that the people who committed the crime are the ones who are responsible for the crime, so I'm not seeing the comparison that you're attempting to draw.

22 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'm saying that the people who committed the crime are the ones who are responsible for the crime, so I'm not seeing the comparison that you're attempting to draw.

You don't understand how the law works, and I don't have time to explain to you.

What I will tell you though: You are wrong.

9 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

You don't understand how the law works, and I don't have time to explain to you.

What I will tell you though: You are wrong.

Please don't make assumptions about what I do or don't know about.

I'm not asking you to explain the law to me. I'm asking you to explain what you meant by your "short skirt rationale" comment.

49 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think you know.

even I know .

13 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'm not asking you to explain the law to me. I'm asking you to explain what you meant by your "short skirt rationale" comment.

You are a smart guy, ok, then crack on - keep making the assumptions you make without applying a legal bar.

Not explaining anything to you, we ain't got all day!

Edited by MySpazz

12 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I know and you know what he means

2 hours ago, Aitchy said:

No bother at that pub in 30 years according to a local. The boy Scott behind the Bar, known Airdrie and a TA boy that wee John knew had texted some of their young lads to say he had families and tartan army coming and to avoid the place. 

Then a car load of boys appeared shouting threats less than half an hour after that tweet…. At that point, was brushed off as the tweet went unnoticed until afterwards.

Only takes one roaster to see that idiotic tweet and he’s followed by 8k football fans. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Its factual?

Airdrie fans are pretty adamant thats a pub run by an Airdrie fan and theres never been bother there until his tweet, which could easily be read as goading Airdrie fans.

Just because youre friendly with him, and he didnt mean it the way they took it, doesnt make him blameless.

There’s a reason that pub doesn’t get attacked as a  norm,and that’s because older section b guys drink in there,and don’t want it on their door step. I along with other Saints fans drank with them,before and after the match,walking to the ground, with them. They are not impressed,apologised to us,and made it plain ,those responsible will get their card marked.

59 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

No bother at that pub in 30 years according to a local. The boy Scott behind the Bar, known Airdrie and a TA boy that wee John knew had texted some of their young lads to say he had families and tartan army coming and to avoid the place. 

Then a car load of boys appeared shouting threats less than half an hour after that tweet…. At that point, was brushed off as the tweet went unnoticed until afterwards.

Only takes one roaster to see that idiotic tweet and he’s followed by 8k football fans. 

50 minutes ago, dave mc said:

There’s a reason that pub doesn’t get attacked as a  norm,and that’s because older section b guys drink in there,and don’t want it on their door step. I along with other Saints fans drank with them,before and after the match,walking to the ground, with them. They are not impressed,apologised to us,and made it plain ,those responsible will get their card marked.

On one hand, seasoned football fans and football men above with 1000s of games behind them giving a wide view and context to the events on Saturday.

And then other hand some jumped up wee guy who is a "betting guru" (trickster?) trying to gaslight people into thinking he didn't have any hand in the violence. 

Funny how that guy doesn't get any comeback? double standards from the club?

Edited by MySpazz

39 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

On one hand, seasoned football fans and football men above with 1000s of games behind them giving a wide view and context to the events on Saturday.

And then other hand some jumped up wee guy who is a "betting guru" (trickster?) trying to gaslight people into thinking he didn't have any hand in the violence. 

Funny how that guy doesn't get any comeback? double standards from the club?

The betting guru was drinking with me and wee J at that bar, but left, I don’t hold him responsible for the actions of Neanderthals, that were well told to stay clear, the smiley explains it was a joke, to his followers, that backfired 

2 hours ago, dave mc said:

The betting guru was drinking with me and wee J at that bar, but left, I don’t hold him responsible for the actions of Neanderthals, that were well told to stay clear, the smiley explains it was a joke, to his followers, that backfired 

His reckless actions caused the direct act - one contributory to the other. If I shoot you, but you die in an ambulance crash on the way to the hospital, i still shot you! I will still be held accountable for the commission leading to his death.

this knobend for his terrible "joke" was not a joke - it didn't backfire, it FIRED and there's a guy in hospital with steel pins in his leg. 

17 hours ago, MySpazz said:

You are a smart guy, ok, then crack on - keep making the assumptions you make without applying a legal bar.

Not explaining anything to you, we ain't got all day!

What assumptions are you even talking about? I was asking you to explain why the comment you made relates to what I posted, that's all. Shouldn't be that difficult or time consuming for you.

You don't have "all day" to respond to one simple question, yet you have time to make numerous other posts on the same thread, including two posts that you've made specifically to dodge my question. It's almost as if you're avoiding what I'm asking you for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...

With County , Motherwell , Dundee and Saints already out who will be next from our super top league.

Wouldn't be surprised if Partick beat Livi and Caley beat Hibs.

Would love for Airdrie to beat Hearts.

What about St Mirren beating Celtic.

Could be a few shocks this weekend and a few top league clubs joining us.

The romance of the cup. For some. Remember the cup double . It seems a long time ago.