Tile on Wall Survey

Templar Saint

St Johnstone Fans Forum

TILE ON THE WALL

As part of our quest to get agreement with the club for an area at the stadium to accommodate Fans Tile on the Wall we are carrying out a survey to gauge demand.

The tile will be 300mm x 100mm with 3 lines of text next to the club crest.

Tile example:                     

cfASzWqmr32HLoklGviFjWKOV_Qv8o991Pcw5GYmGI5qm5i3n1yHtN_87UYk5KiLv81D-WI5oEywzP691AUk_9msnO3gW8_lTLg7rGaxP-VgvC7bC1KkRCFEGxDZ01rBGwkt0X4pWYxq9L4kTHCxvuo

Betty in the club shop has kindly agreed to display the actual tile and also has forms for completion by those interested who do not have access to the internet.

The current estimated cost per tile is £75 inclusive of VAT however it could be subject to change.

The siting area we are looking at is the stadium wall that runs from the Muirton Suite around to the gated entry just before the Ormond Stand.

To register your interest please email your name; telephone contact number; email address and quantity of tiles you would be interested in purchasing to: sjfcfansforum@gmail.com

28 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Perhaps this is a stupid question but who is "our" and "we" referring to here?

Very confusing wording on the official site as it talks about convincing the club to do something, but it seems to be the club itself that has written it. If the club wants to do it, why don't they just do it?

The Clue is in the first line St Johnstone Fans Forum.

This is an awful idea; it is a stayed idea, completely out of date, will become another maudling (RIP thing), and is also very expensive for the average fan (£75+Vat). 

If this is the best idea the fan forum can come up with, they should disband now.

Please keep this RIP plaque stuff to the crematorium

Can hear folk in a few years "my plaque is dirty, why have the club not maintained the plaque, my dad was a fan for 123 years and never missed a game, even Berwick away in 1986 on that tuesday night" etc. etc..... worse than the way they go on about "their" seat...

So please come up with ideas that are new and not something that was knocking about 20 years ago, and that make the stadium look like the Cretatorium garden of Remembrance.

Maybe get a SJFC museaum going, something all fans can enjoy (we've finally got a full time shop....so people are coming to the ground day to day, build on that somehow.)

So that's a no from me 😆

Edited by MySpazz

29 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

This is an awful idea; it is a stayed idea, completely out of date, will become another maudling (RIP thing), and is also very expensive for the average fan (£75+Vat). 

If this is the best idea the fan forum can come up with, they should disband now.

Can hear folk in a few years "my plaque is dirty, why have the club not maintained the plaque, my dad was a fan for 123 years and never missed a game, even Berwick away in 1986 on that tuesday night" etc. etc..... worse than the way they go on about "their" seat...

So please come up with ideas that are new and not something that was knocking about 20 years ago, and that make the stadium look like the Cretatorium garden of Remembrance.

Maybe get a SJFC museaum going, something all fans can enjoy (we've finally got a full time shop....so people are coming to the ground day to day, build on that somehow.)

So that's a no from me 😆

Then this is why more people need to find a way to contribute to the Open Nights. 

Not everyone can go in person but you can ask questions or raise points etc via email. 

34 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

So that's a no from me 😆

Was Berwick 1986, I was there and was there not extra-time? Late night but one of life’s experiences.

14 minutes ago, akuram said:

Was Berwick 1986, I was there and was there not extra-time? Late night but one of life’s experiences.

The Berwick game that went to extra time was 1990 I'm sure.

I was also there sitting in the stand.

It was lashing down and we were getting soaked as there was no roof because it had been blown off a few weeks earlier.

3-1 up if I recall and they got two back out of nowhere and we had to endure another thirty minutes.

So, because of this and many other occasions like it, I claim my tile. 👍

15 hours ago, MySpazz said:

So that's a no from me 😆

Think this is a bit OTT. Just because it's an old idea doesn't mean it's not a worthwhile one. 

If lots of people like it and it's a success, then to me that makes it a good idea. But I agree that £75 is expensive, which is why I'm not up for it personally. It would be interesting to know what other clubs have charged for similar ideas over the years. Is it £75 because that's basically what it costs to do it, or is the club viewing this as a fundraising opportunity? If, for example, some of the money was going towards the Saints trust or youth development, it would be good to publicise that.

If it goes ahead my only request would be that someone actually proofreads the text for the tiles before they're made. Maybe it's just me, but I can't bear the thought of something permanent like this being littered with typos and mistakes.

P.S. I love the idea of a Saints museum at the ground. I've seen a lot of these at various stadiums abroad and they're always brilliant to look around.

7 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Think this is a bit OTT. Just because it's an old idea doesn't mean it's not a worthwhile one. 

If lots of people like it and it's a success, then to me that makes it a good idea. But I agree that £75 is expensive, which is why I'm not up for it personally. It would be interesting to know what other clubs have charged for similar ideas over the years. Is it £75 because that's basically what it costs to do it, or is the club viewing this as a fundraising opportunity? If, for example, some of the money was going towards the Saints trust or youth development, it would be good to publicise that.

If it goes ahead my only request would be that someone actually proofreads the text for the tiles before they're made. Maybe it's just me, but I can't bear the thought of something permanent like this being littered with typos and mistakes.

P.S. I love the idea of a Saints museum at the ground. I've seen a lot of these at various stadiums abroad and they're always brilliant to look around.

My children both have a "brick" at Dumbarton. It cost £20 per brick back in 2019. Its a fake brick wall within the home end concourse. They look pretty decent. The club used it as a fundraising opportunity to fund stadium infrastructure upgrades.

If it’s a fundraising idea then I think it’s on the more expensive end of things, maybe it can be included as a freebie one off for everyone who renews their season ticket for next season or an extra £20 quid optional purchase for any new season ticket being purchased.

Id personally would love to buy a tike as such but when I work out the exchange rate it’s a very expensive exercise for me, but I guess if it’s a donation to the club I would give it plenty of consideration though.

I spoke about this years ago to Kirsten Robertson. Many fans slag her off. But a colleague from Perth prison died at start of covid and he was a big hearts fan. I found out from this that hearts have a garden or remembrance. It could be put in one of the areas away from the ground no issue. But Kirsten got back to me saying there was plans for something like the Celtic way just not as big and saints related. I hope this wasn’t the plan. I think the price for a tile isn’t bad if it staying there for good. Expensive for one season but for good it’s not that bad. I know the cost of these as my wife makes them from home and manufacture cost not that much. But it’s decent if they keep it there for good. I have included a video to the hearts one that I thought was a good idea.

18 hours ago, saintgscot said:

I spoke about this years ago to Kirsten Robertson. Many fans slag her off. But a colleague from Perth prison died at start of covid and he was a big hearts fan. I found out from this that hearts have a garden or remembrance. It could be put in one of the areas away from the ground no issue. But Kirsten got back to me saying there was plans for something like the Celtic way just not as big and saints related. I hope this wasn’t the plan. I think the price for a tile isn’t bad if it staying there for good. Expensive for one season but for good it’s not that bad. I know the cost of these as my wife makes them from home and manufacture cost not that much. But it’s decent if they keep it there for good. I have included a video to the hearts one that I thought was a good idea.

What have death and the military got to do with sport?

On 12/27/2023 at 5:53 PM, MySpazz said:

So that's a no from me 😆

I agree with the museum.

Build it intae the corner of stands and include the shop 

most imaginative. 

Saw this on social media, looks really good.

If you put the Saints badge on every tile it’s going to look very repetitive.

Dont know how Queen of the South do this but it looks interesting.

I have a question as well about registering interest, I would absolutely do this for a loved one I missed but thankfully, although my dad will be 90 next year , there isn’t anyone I d buy for right now and hopefully it will be a few years yet.

Its something I would do but seems silly to register an interest when it could be years hopefully before I’d buy.

IMG_0149.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Strawman said:

Saw this on social media, looks really good.

If you put the Saints badge on every tile it’s going to look very repetitive.

Dont know how Queen of the South do this but it looks interesting.

I have a question as well about registering interest, I would absolutely do this for a loved one I missed but thankfully, although my dad will be 90 next year , there isn’t anyone I d buy for right now and hopefully it will be a few years yet.

Its something I would do but seems silly to register an interest when it could be years hopefully before I’d buy.

IMG_0149.jpeg

It’s actually really easy to do if you have the equipment. I have it and just takes special ink and paper then a heat press. 

On 12/24/2023 at 3:11 PM, Templar Saint said:

The next meeting is going to be Thursday 18th January at 7pm in Centenary Suite at McDiarmid.

Agenda to be finalised and put out on socials prior to that date.

Meeting still 18th and tiles on the agenda ?.