Aberdeen V St.Johnstone - Wednesday 26th February

SaintJet

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Sure the papers are reporting Sidibeh wont play any part in this game.

I’m suprised Levein hasn’t taken more stick for Sidibeh collapsing, a player who has been full time for around a month and running him into the ground when there was no need, options on bench to replace him.

I see we ve gone back to expecting fans to pay for interviews building up games again.

2 hours ago, Strawman said:

I’m suprised Levein hasn’t taken more stick for Sidibeh collapsing, a player who has been full time for around a month and running him into the ground when there was no need, options on bench to replace him.

I see we ve gone back to expecting fans to pay for interviews building up games again.

First para' totally agree and think I said it at the time.Only 2 subs used and he was run into the ground.

Second , no sign of any improvement from the new professional media team

6 hours ago, Cagey said:

Second , no sign of any improvement from the new professional media team

Disagree completely. It’s nice to see that the youth players exist all of a sudden and match updates on twitter are a lot more frequent. Remember they’ve only been at the club for two weeks.

What are you expecting them to have magically improved? These guys are being paid by the club so it’s completely unfair to expect them to be asking difficult questions - every club is exactly the same. 

12 hours ago, Strawman said:

TBF the majority of football players manage training and playing 90 mins.

I know it's stating the obvious but these next two game are absolutely gigantic for us now. If we lose tonight and then go a goal down against Livingston, I can see there being some serious unrest in the stands at that game. It'll put us deep in a slump while Livingston and Ross County are in the ascendancy. If that happens I really struggle to see Levein and Kirk being able to turn it round and get the fans back onside.

They seriously need to go for it tonight and demonstrate they're willing and able to come up with a different, more effective plan. If it's still a defensive plan then so be it but it absolutely needs to be something that can actually start getting us results.

14 hours ago, Strawman said:

I think it is really important that we criticise the management for their failings, and quite a lot of the time we are going to be speculating because none of us know what is going on behind the scene. But to suggest that Levein has deliberately put a player's health at risk is going too far.

42 minutes ago, Dooj said:

I think it is really important that we criticise the management for their failings, and quite a lot of the time we are going to be speculating because none of us know what is going on behind the scene. But to suggest that Levein has deliberately put a player's health at risk is going too far.

I haven’t said he did anything “deliberately”, he clearly likes Sidibeh, why would he try to hurt the lad.

Doesn’t change the fact that he’s brand new to full time football, it was obvious he was tired, the management made the decision to leave him on when we had 3 substitutes still we could have still used. 

I m not suggesting any deliberate intent, I think it was a poor decision and it played a part in the player collapsing. 

Your correct though, that is speculation on my part, there could be any number of other reasons why it happened.

Edited by Strawman

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I know it's stating the obvious but these next two game are absolutely gigantic for us now. If we lose tonight and then go a goal down against Livingston, I can see there being some serious unrest in the stands at that game. It'll put us deep in a slump while Livingston and Ross County are in the ascendancy. If that happens I really struggle to see Levein and Kirk being able to turn it round and get the fans back onside.

They seriously need to go for it tonight and demonstrate they're willing and able to come up with a different, more effective plan. If it's still a defensive plan then so be it but it absolutely needs to be something that can actually start getting us results.

Couldn't agree more. This game tonight takes on monumental importance. 

We caught a wee break last night with a late equaliser for St.Mirren but this game tonight is now a must not lose.

I have got to believe that Levein and Kirk know this. The team really need to be ready from the off for a battle.

2 minutes ago, Strawman said:

I haven’t said he did anything “deliberately”, he clearly likes Sidibeh, why would he try to hurt the lad.

Doesn’t change the fact that he’s brand new to full time football, it was obvious he was tired, the management made the decision to leave him on when we had 3 substitutes still we could have still used. 

I m not suggesting any deliberate intent, I think it was a poor decision and it played a part in the player collapsing. 

Your correct though, that is speculation on my part, there could be any number of other reasons why it happened.

Good post.

7 minutes ago, Strawman said:

Deliberately, maliciously, negligently, unintentionally - doesn't make any difference. To suggest that a manager's decision contributed to a player's collapse is a very serious accusation, particularly when (to my knowledge) we have no information at all about what caused Sidibeh to collapse.

This sounds to me more like having a go at Levein for absolutely anything and everything rather than focussing on his mistakes regarding the things he actually has some control over or could reasonably be expected to anticipate.

15 minutes ago, Dooj said:

when (to my knowledge) we have no information at all about what caused Sidibeh to collapse.

Levein said after the match it was "low blood pressure" related, and i think thats all we've had.

Sidibeh has generally been ****ed by ~75 minutes in every game ive seen him start, so maybe this is just a culmination of running himself into the ground too often. Presumably a plan will be put in place, helped by doctors, to help him understand how it feels before he reaches that stage and how to help avoid it getting that bad again.

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Couldn't agree more. This game tonight takes on monumental importance. 

We caught a wee break last night with a late equaliser for St.Mirren but this game tonight is now a must not lose.

I have got to believe that Levein and Kirk know this. The team really need to be ready from the off for a battle.

A must not lose ?. 4-6-0 again then.

On 2/26/2024 at 1:45 PM, SaintJet said:

We are fast becoming embroiled in a serious relegation battle and we need a spark of some kind to give us some confidence. I know we are always looking for a settled selection but now is not the time to stick with team who started on Saturday. 

I don't rate Gallacher at all and so I hope we get Kelts back with McGowan. Nicky Clark looked a bit lost too so hopefully we can find him being pushed further forward.

Aberdeen are on a poor run also so it's important we try and get an early goal and put further pressure on them; I'm depserate for us to get the first goal to see if we can push on.

Be good to see Stevie May on too.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Sidibeh has generally been ****ed by ~75 minutes in every game ive seen him start, so maybe this is just a culmination of running himself into the ground too often.

Aye, the lad clearly wants to impress so is willing to do anything which is nice to see from a player.

I'd quite like to see him as an option from the bench for a couple games. With his speed I reckon him coming on in the last 20-30 minutes either out wide or centrally could cause some chaos on a tired defence.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Looks like 4-3-3

Mitov

Keltjens - McGowan - Gordon - Robinson

Smith - Sprangler - Phillips

Jaiyesimi - Clark - Kimpioka 

Did @Aitchy not pretty much suggest that on this site a few days ago?

Pretty strong starting line up

happy with that