Scottish Cup 2014 10th anniversary dinner

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/2014-scottish-cup-winners-anniversary-dinner

"The 2014 Scottish Cup Winners’ Anniversary Dinner will take place on Saturday, November 30, 2024 at Perth Concert Hall and will firmly shine the spotlight on the historic achievement – now one decade on.

Tickets for the anniversary dinner are now on sale for a night where every member of the cup-winning squad has been invited along to reminisce and reflect on a special time together.

Well-known presenter and Saints supporter Stuart Cosgrove will be taking on the duty of host for the evening.

A fantastic three-course meal and entertainment – including interviews with some very familiar faces – will be on offer throughout the night as well as a raffle and auction.

Tickets, priced at £100pp, can now be purchased from the McDiarmid Park ticket office. Tables of 10 on the night, but individual tickets can be bought. 

Call 01738 459090 (option one) or visit the ticket office in person (Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm) to secure your spot. A £50 deposit (pp) will initially be required."

Pleased to see the club doing something to mark this occasion. As it's going to be on a Saturday in November, if we have a home game on that day I'd really like to see the 2014 team brought out onto the pitch too.

To this day it pisses me off that the city of Perth itself did nothing to commemorate the day. No plaque, no statue, no piece of art, nothing renamed. Just absolutely nothing.

On 3/9/2024 at 11:18 AM, blueheaven said:

To this day it pisses me off that the city of Perth itself did nothing to commemorate the day. No plaque, no statue, no piece of art, nothing renamed. Just absolutely nothing.

Ask Geoffrey the council don’t give a hoot about the club unless it suits them.

another thing there’s nothing at Asda either of our previous home Or our first at Edinburgh road.

£100.00 seemed a lot when first read it, then thought about how much bands are charging for a one hour concert these days - good on the club. Now thinking they probably could have charged even more for a "top table" or remake of the cup final shirt, for instance!

On 3/9/2024 at 10:18 PM, blueheaven said:

Pleased to see the club doing something to mark this occasion. As it's going to be on a Saturday in November, if we have a home game on that day I'd really like to see the 2014 team brought out onto the pitch too.

You forget about the mysterious Freedom of Perth.... Pathetic.

5 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

You forget about the mysterious Freedom of Perth.... Pathetic.

Still baffles me what this presentation actually means to the ones receiving it, when I was a bairn I thought it meant you got on the buses for nothing, free chips from Watsons or even 20 smokes from RS Mcolls  etc 🤣 

Wasn't the Freedom of Perth award for winning the Double? I just had a quick Google and couldn't find any mention of it in reference to the 2014 win. 

The mural that appeared in town last year honouring local athletes was brilliant and something like that to honour our cup win would have been a great move. The council commissioned this. Why didn't they commission anything for Saints?

6 hours ago, chips said:

Still baffles me what this presentation actually means to the ones receiving it, when I was a bairn I thought it meant you got on the buses for nothing, free chips from Watsons or even 20 smokes from RS Mcolls  etc 🤣 

Aye, like useful things 😂 

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Wasn't the Freedom of Perth award for winning the Double? I just had a quick Google and couldn't find any mention of it in reference to the 2014 win. 

The mural that appeared in town last year honouring local athletes was brilliant and something like that to honour our cup win would have been a great move. The council commissioned this. Why didn't they commission anything for Saints?

I remember they planted trees in the 70’s along the front of Bell’s to honour local sports people. My dad had one for boxing.

6 hours ago, blueheaven said:

It really is sad that there is nothing to commemorate the cup wins; this should be raised at the next fan meeting. A bronze statue of Tommy with the cup outside the stadium entrance would be magic.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 12:17 PM, slf said:

another thing there’s nothing at Asda either of our previous home Or our first at Edinburgh road.

That’s is still down by south inch where the first ground was. I think it should be removed and preserved.

IMG_3455.png

On 3/10/2024 at 12:17 PM, slf said:

As for Asda this part of Muirton park is still standing as well.

IMG_3456.jpeg

On 3/13/2024 at 9:30 AM, Cagey said:

I think you are allowed to graze your cattle on the north inch.

The north and south inch were gifted to the people of Perth on the condition anyone from Perth could graze there cattle or sheep on either of them. So no need for freedom of Perth to do that.

10 hours ago, saintgscot said:

That’s is still down by south inch where the first ground was. I think it should be removed and preserved.

IMG_3455.png

Can't find where I read it now, but I understand the "ghost sign" in this photo comes from an old shop that used to be there, and was never part of the football ground.

11 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Can't find where I read it now, but I understand the "ghost sign" in this photo comes from an old shop that used to be there, and was never part of the football ground.

Says St Johnstone on the sign

23 hours ago, blueheaven said:

My understanding was its was a sign on a house ( or shop ) directing people to the ground , would have possibly had an arrow on it showing ground was at end of street, rather than it being an actual part of the ground.

Worth preserving, I d agree.