MP3 Player

Saintkev

clicky!

I don't think iPods are the best ones to get, most people tend to have some sort of problem with them. I've got a 20GB iRiver which is bloody good - the sound quality is excellent, it has a radio, a colour display and has a line in for bootlegging gigs and the like. Creative mp3 players are meant to be decent as are MPEYE. Another place to check is Amazon as most of the mp3 players they sell have reviews.

clicky!

I don't think iPods are the best ones to get, most people tend to have some sort of problem with them. I've got a 20GB iRiver which is bloody good - the sound quality is excellent, it has a radio, a colour display and has a line in for bootlegging gigs and the like. Creative mp3 players are meant to be decent as are MPEYE. Another place to check is Amazon as most of the mp3 players they sell have reviews.

Difference between an iPod and iRiver?

I've got loads of music and want to make it easier to store.

Am sure Currys or Comet will help you :lol::wink:

Yeah go there if you want to get ripped off.

Ipod's are probably the best about at the moment, but some others are getting there, like Creative. The Ipod's may be a fashion accesory to some people but I hear they are still decent mp3 players :P

Difference between an iPod and iRiver?

I've got loads of music and want to make it easier to store.

Your bog standard iPod has a black and white screen and will play only music, I don't think they have a line in to record straight off a CD or a microphone. My iRiver (and I think most iRivers) has a colour screen and can be used to store/look at pictures and film clips as well as music. It also has a radio - ipods don't. On the down side it is much chunkier than an ipod and has a really ugly case.

We've got a radio and CD player in most cars and can listen to music over the internet at work - why the need for mp3 players??? Fashion gone mad or rampant consumerism, which is it?

What about the people who don't have a car or who don't use the internet at work?

Ipod all the way for me, 40gb photo with still 25 gb spare on it. Yet i told you that abot a year ago Kev, make a long time to make your mind up do you not? Dunno what the new Sony ones are like, look quite funky, but not spoken to anyone who owns one. Pod's are the dogs though. Who listens to radio nowadays anyways??

i have a creative Zen Micro,

feature_connectivity.jpg

6GB holds 3000 songs at 64kbps WMA or 1500 songs at 128kbps MP3

5GB holds 2500 songs at 64kbps WMA or 1250 songs at 128kbps MP3

4GB holds 2000 songs at 64kbps WMA or 1000 songs at 128kbps MP3

There's no need to go round in circles with the Zen Micro's intuitive Vertical Touch Pad. Designed to let you easily navigate through your music collection, you can be sure to find any song or data file with ease.

Shuffle your songs or albums with the DJ feature, or tune in to the latest songs on the pop charts with the radio. Whatever you're listening to, enjoy the best sound quality and clarity of a hi-fi that fits easily in your pocket.

Have access to over two million downloadable songs on the Internet with, not just one, but the many music subscription or download services that the Zen Micro players support. Without being restricted to just one music provider, you have the freedom to choose from the widest selection of songs online from MSN Music and other music services. With PlaysForSure support, you will always be able to play any digital music you purchase.

Not only does it play music, the Zen Micro helps you keep your life organized too. The mini-organizer consists of a calendar, an address book and a to-do-list3. Keep track of all your business appointments or classes. Sync up your Microsoft

We've got a radio and CD player in most cars and can listen to music over the internet at work - why the need for mp3 players??? Fashion gone mad or rampant consumerism, which is it?

Because I have thousands of CDs and records, and want to put them into storage, but still have access... plus how good would it be to be able to find that song with the push of a button, rather than looking through CD's for ages, some are in my room, others in my mate's Mum's garage!!

It will also be very handy for walking to work and the gym... don't own a car anymore and am not allowed to listen to music at work.

Is that okay with you? :wink:

Ipod all the way for me, 40gb photo with still 25 gb spare on it. Yet i told you that abot a year ago Kev, make a long time to make your mind up do you not? Dunno what the new Sony ones are like, look quite funky, but not spoken to anyone who owns one. Pod's are the dogs though. Who listens to radio nowadays anyways??

No it's taken me a year to save up! Life aint cheap!!

I have a way-aye Pod Mini, the 6GB version. Holds about 1500 songs and works a treat. Plus you can get accessories for things like the gym - I don't know if you still get the belt clip, but I have that and it works for me in the gym clipped to the pocket on my shorts.

I would also recommend an iRiver mp3 player. I have a 20GB one and it's the bee-knees, especially with it's radio and it's extra ports for recording/outputing to a stereo system etc. It does allow a lot of file types to be used on the player as apposed to the iPod.

iPods are infamous for their battery life shortening very quickly and plus when you wear the white earphones you are an easy target for muggers.

mp3 players are also perfect for using if you are jogging as the music quality doesn't deteriorate like, say, a CD Walkman.

Got to go with the Creative zen range I'm afraid.

I've just been to the Consumer Electronics Show and Creative walked away with best product for about the 5th year in a row with their video/mp3 player. You cant get a better recommendation than that!

Got to go with the Creative zen range I'm afraid.

I've just been to the Consumer Electronics Show and Creative walked away with best product for about the 5th year in a row with their video/mp3 player. You cant get a better recommendation than that!

the zen micro is amazing you wont need more than 6 gig cause you will never listen to all the songs on it! its really light and fits perfectly in the hand which reduced the chances of dropping it! sound is amzing and the colours are somewhat sexual!! i got the black one that has the blue lighting it is amazing.

if your looking for something with a bigger size i would go with the i river.

I PODS ARE THE DEVIL

so the creative zen micro or the i river.

places like currys and dicksons do have slightly higher prices but the insurance schemes are cheap and always usefull to have!

Ive got a Creative Zen Neeon 6GB. I have had massive problems connectin via usb, which is also the main way these things charge these days, to bring the price down by putting all the 'accessories' ie chargers on sale as separate items(standard with mobile phones etc). My pc was locking up when I connected it. It worked in a mates pc for a while with a VIA chipset, then it screwed up big time, now it wont even charge and you can forget about transferring files.

I have been advised it is most likely a usb problem with VIA chipsets (onboard usb). Happens a bit, only way around it apparently is to get a cheap non-VIA USB card and whack that in. Will let you know if it works in the next couple of days, might be handy if anyone else gets the problem. If you have probs, check if your usb is run by the VIA chip on your motherboard.

Bit of a hassle but better than a mp3 player that doesnt work. :?

Aussie site: http://www.mp3direct.com.au/webstore/default.asp