Who's going to Inverness?

Dev

How the hell could we ever sign pressley?

think some people totally exagerate who we could sign, there was mention of craig beattie the other day, totally crazy!!!

i was joking about pressley just to make you aware,

but if we could lure bamba to perth and throw ando on the left or even sheerin, then that would surely strengthen our central defence dilhema,

how are dunfermiline able to support his wages?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOR:

Good goals from Milne who looked up for it.

Hardie looks to be getting back to 100% although was playing pretty deep and had some dodgy distribution.

AGAINST:

Well beaten by an unimpressive ICT side that will struggle this season.

Very poor at the back.

Very poor defending from wide (no one on back stick defending a corner, what's that about?).

Lacking leadership big style!

Did Morris pick up an injury?

i was joking about pressley just to make you aware,

but if we could lure bamba to perth and throw ando on the left or even sheerin, then that would surely strengthen our central defence dilhema,

how are dunfermiline able to support his wages?

I don't see anything wrong with the pressley comment. I am surprised no one has snapped him up.

As for Bamba being on £3k a week at Dunfermline, that is crazy money and I would be very surprised if taht is true.

It's a friendly against an SPL team with two weeks to go until season starts (challenge cup doesn't count).....most of the people moaning weren't even at the game.

WELL SAID!

But there again somefolk have been waiting on this all close season where else would they be able to moan like blazes on a Saturday night. :-)

FOR:

Good goals from Milne who looked up for it.

Hardie looks to be getting back to 100% although was playing pretty deep and had some dodgy distribution.

AGAINST:

Well beaten by an unimpressive ICT side that will struggle this season.

Very poor at the back.

Very poor defending from wide (no one on back stick defending a corner, what's that about?).

Lacking leadership big style!

Did Morris pick up an injury?

For

We still have the best strike in the First.

Alll clubs will pick up injuries but not all of them have the same depth of squad as us.

Pre-Seasons are always strange Clyde have had a great pre-season and I know we will finish above them

Against

Poor at the back, ah the Saintees disease, when will we ever sort this?

Left back a nightmare position but I wouldn't crucify Sheerin on one showing, he has many of the attributes to be a good left back.

Leadership. Hardie can do that. So can Main when he's back.

Morris injured - think its a groin strain - disappointing but don't want any midfielder to feel complacent. There is some depth there.

Hear Jacko was poor. But we know he won't be for the season.

All in all a disappointment but my spy claim Saints were good in patches. (And he's a moaning twaterooni)

Team was nothing like was suggested earlier...

McLean

Irvine - Rutkiewicz - McCaffrey - Sheerin

Swankie - Morris - Hardie - Craig

Savo - Jacko

Holmes replaced Jacko at half-time and then as the second half progressed, Millar, Weatherston, Peaso and Doris were given a run.

Defensively we were poor but a few questions will have been answered and the manager is probably nearer knowing his starting XI for next week, which has to be a positive. Their final goal was with the final kick of the game, which maybe puts a worse spin on the result. Second half in particular wasn't bad and we looked ok before they scored. Still a bit to work on for Del though.

Just back from hols - why was Samuel not even in the squad today? Have I missed something? Bit of a mixed bag today although we did contrive to make Ross Tokeley look good - that is an indication of how bad we were in the first half! Holmes made a massive difference second half although we did play the long ball game when he was there. Mind you we played that when he was not on as well! Good bits - Good Saints support, Hardie looks as though he will be a cracking player for us this year, Craig looked good and Holmes looks really dangerous. Bad bits - over reliance on long high balls to Jacko and Savo first half, sloopy sloppy defending throughout, dodgy goalkeeping, lack of quality final ball and it was freezing! Home game for me next week as well!

not sure what to make of this, considering they are a week behind in preseason training.

It is clear we are yet to make the spl grade, lets hope over the course of the season we improve. Inverness is one of the toughest places to go too, so take the lead is pleasing.

I just want lessons learned, I think we could struggle to gain confidence without Alan Main (leader) in the sticks, fingers crossed we hit the ground running first day of the season. Good test today, showing how far we need to progress.

Left back a nightmare position but I wouldn't crucify Sheerin on one showing, he has many of the attributes to be a good left back.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Paul Sheerin but he's no left back. His complete lack of pace puts paid to a serious thought of playing him there regularly. The thought of Gilhaney going up against Sheerin is a nightmare. Gary Irvine struggled enough with him at times last year!

Let us keep this in to perspective, Its a pre season friendly and it sounds like it was not a gubbing. Del has many options, formations in his mind and it takes more than two or three games to gell properly. I would gladly give up a win on all our pre season friendlies as long as we win our league opener.

Let us keep this in to perspective, Its a pre season friendly and it sounds like it was not a gubbing. Del has many options, formations in his mind and it takes more than two or three games to gell properly. I would gladly give up a win on all our pre season friendlies as long as we win our league opener.

This is probably a first on this forum SS, but I agree 100%. The panic over pre-season friendlies is complete nonsense IMHO. Similarly the over-confidence shown by some other teams in Tayside thanks to a few of their pre-season results makes me think they're heading for a collective fall!

Team was nothing like was suggested earlier...

McLean

Irvine - Rutkiewicz - McCaffrey - Sheerin

Swankie - Morris - Hardie - Craig

Savo - Jacko

Holmes replaced Jacko at half-time and then as the second half progressed, Millar, Weatherston, Peaso and Doris were given a run.

Defensively we were poor but a few questions will have been answered and the manager is probably nearer knowing his starting XI for next week, which has to be a positive. Their final goal was with the final kick of the game, which maybe puts a worse spin on the result. Second half in particular wasn't bad and we looked ok before they scored. Still a bit to work on for Del though.

Radford, you said defensively we were poor. What made us poor? was it anything/anyone in particular?

Radford, you said defensively we were poor. What made us poor? was it anything/anyone in particular?

All four goals were from crosses into the box and the blame is probably universal. For the first we didn't re-organise quickly enough after Swankie and moved upfield. Jody covered him but we had chances to get back into formation and didn't. Nobody stopped the cross from the left, both centre backs left the ball and Sheerin/Craig weren't close enough to Cowie.

The second was a simple corner which their man one and then their man reacted to first, with no one of the back post for Saints.

Third was a cross from Wilson that Sheerin didn't cut out, centre backs missed again and the ball was allowed to be played back in for the right for the unmarked Barrowman to smash home.

Final goal was on the counter attack but again no attempt to stop the cross and McAllister totally unmarked to knock it under McLean who tried to reach the ball first.

I know he has his knockers but I thought we missed the captain. If him and Ando are fit for Wednesday, they have a chance to get themselves in the starting XI for next Saturday IMO.

I know he has his knockers but I thought we missed the captain. If him and Ando are fit for Wednesday, they have a chance to get themselves in the starting XI for next Saturday IMO.

Is their something I've missed about Kevin James I've seen the long legs and 6'7" frame but the knockers...?