ORMOND DAY vs QOS 06/12 - Singing and dancing blue and white choir

Well it's nearly upon us. Time to bury thoughts of cup matches and get our minds and hearts into this important league game. I'm really looking forward to a brilliant sing-song and I believe we will create a wall of sound.Just because Queens have gone off the boil recently we MUST NOT underestimate them. If we do this we will get our arses chewed. We must be the twelth man, screaming for every decision to go Saints way and giving the players a physcological boost by roaring them on and lifting the roof off the Ormond stand.

I hope your all ready to rock da house.......

I went up to Muirton one day in the year, to see the Saints play my intentions were clear.........

Knock Knock...Who's there ?? Fritz....... Fritz who??? For it's a grand old team to play for , for it's a grand old team to see, and if you know yer history, it's enough to make yer hearts go...oh!..oh!.. oh!..oh!...

We don't care what the Dundee say , what the hell do we care, for we only know that there's gonna be a show and the PERTH SAINT JOHNSTONE will be there........

We love you Saintees, we do. We love you Saintees, we do. We love you Saintees we do................Oh!!! Saintees we love you........

We're top, we're top, we're top of the league don't you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE'RE BLUE, WE'RE WHITE, WE'RE FECKING DYNAMITE, SUPER SAINTS, SUPER SAINTS

COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the spirit lads! I thought everyone had forgotten about this game. Its a brilliant chance to get a real good away style atmosphere right in our own back yard. What a day it will be if like minded people pack into the stand and get right behind the boys and make sure the ref knows its a home game!!!!!

Can everyone bring their large flags and banners on Saturday to put up in the Ormond Stand please? The section nearest the Main Stand is to be cordoned off so we are allowed to put our flags and banners up in that section. The Jeanfield 208 Saints flags will be in attendance.:cool:

Can everyone bring their large flags and banners on Saturday to put up in the Ormond Stand please? The section nearest the Main Stand is to be cordoned off so we are allowed to put our flags and banners up in that section. The Jeanfield 208 Saints flags will be in attendance.:cool:

On that subject, what ever happened to the massive We Are Perth flag that had 3 segments on it, blue white blue with the crest in the white bit, and we are perth in yellow, saw it a couple of times away to alloa and some other grounds love st I think

really good banner

tonight i'll be getting some bamboo sticks put in my flag to wave it high, although my duaghter absolutly wrecked it at dundee and its filthy! :twisted:

got a bag of bamboo for some odd reason, any one needs one gees a shout i'll bring them tomorrow to 208 if you want. ghosty you require one at all?

On that subject, what ever happened to the massive We Are Perth flag that had 3 segments on it, blue white blue with the crest in the white bit, and we are perth in yellow, saw it a couple of times away to alloa and some other grounds love st I think

really good banner

Don't worry mate, it will be making an appearance on Sat!

Ghost , great work , love the post.

Stuck at Gatwick just now in an internet cafe, am really looking forward tomorrow, will get on line later and catch up with all that is going on.

WE NEED TO HELP THE TEAM GET DECEMBER OFF TO A FLYING START. Dundee have a new boss and now so do Livi , we can't afford any slip ups.

the players will be delighted tomorrow to run out to an Ormond stand wall of sound.

Composed a new Ormond song on the plane to the Waltzing Matilda tune (don't worry it's not that cheesy) ,will post it later .

saintees here ,saintees there

This will probably need a Jeanfield 208 bus trip to Dumfries to give it laldy but here's a starter for ten.

The ozzies nicked the waltzing matilda tune from Scotland, the original tune was borrowed from an old Scottish tune and its called Thou Bonnie Wood O' Craiglea.

I think its time to get it back!

The original first verse on the ozzie version is..

Oh! There once was a swagman camped in the billabong

Under the shade of a coolibah tree

And he sang as he looked at his old billy boiling

Who'll come a-waltzing matilda with me

Suggested Ormond version...

Oh! There once was a legend down at Muirton Park

Under the shade of the old Ice Rink

And we sang as we celebrated down at Muirton Park

Our king willie made the rest of Europe think

Chorus..

One Willie Ormond

One Willie Ormond

One Willie Ormond

The king of Muirton Park

He led us to the land of European Football

our willie ormond

The king of Muirton Park

repeat chorus etc........

As 1884 says the club have agreed to cordon off the section nearest the main stand for flags . If the Ormond stand fills up the flag space will be taken up by fans and the flags will have To go elswehere.Lets hope thats a nice problem that we will have to deal with tomorrow.

Please also remember that flags on thin canes will be allowed into this match so lets get as many along as we can to help make the Ormond stand colourful as well as noisey .

As 1884 says the club have agreed to cordon off the section nearest the main stand for flags . If the Ormond stand fills up the flag space will be taken up by fans and the flags will have To go elswehere.Lets hope thats a nice problem that we will have to deal with tomorrow.

You can pass them over to me in the East Stand to help me keep warm as wont have Ghosties hot air wafting down to me!!:laugh:j

tonight i'll be getting some bamboo sticks put in my flag to wave it high, although my duaghter absolutly wrecked it at dundee and its filthy! :twisted:

got a bag of bamboo for some odd reason, any one needs one gees a shout i'll bring them tomorrow to 208 if you want. ghosty you require one at all?

No , I'm off the bamboo Dave, gives me terrible wind and panda eyes.:laugh:

I will be using only my booming voice at the game.:eek:

I'm new to this site but one of these auld Saintee's in the main stand. Will join you all tomorrow if you will let me - promise I will sing. I have'nt seen this kind of support since the Hamburg game! One song I have not heard you guys mention yet is the one that goes "Bless them all, bless them all, Freddy Aitken, John Connolly, Henry Hall, Bless Kenny Aird who runs down the wing, Bless Willie Ormond for he is the King" - I am sure others will know all the words better .. at my age the memory goes ...! Does Cossy Cosgrove not visit the site - he will know he's older than me!

I'm new to this site but one of these auld Saintee's in the main stand. Will join you all tomorrow if you will let me - promise I will sing. I have'nt seen this kind of support since the Hamburg game! One song I have not heard you guys mention yet is the one that goes "Bless them all, bless them all, Freddy Aitken, John Connolly, Henry Hall, Bless Kenny Aird who runs down the wing, Bless Willie Ormond for he is the King" - I am sure others will know all the words better .. at my age the memory goes ...! Does Cossy Cosgrove not visit the site - he will know he's older than me!

Your more than welcome.....

And welcome to W.A.P.....:)