#20 - 13/12/08 - Morton (h)

I sit in the East Stand, three or four rows from the back,yellow seats in line with the D. I cannae mind the exact quote but it was something along the lines of, "This is terrible Saints" and the boos came from the same area (North East corner of East Stand).

I also sit in the East stand Row Q and despite a couple of guys who would criticise everything that moves I certainly didnt hear any Boos aimed at Saints Players........perhaps my hearing aid is on the blink !!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also sit in the East stand Row Q and despite a couple of guys who would criticise everything that moves I certainly didnt hear any Boos aimed at Saints Players........perhaps my hearing aid is on the blink !!!

Then we are neighbours! I promise you, there was a section booing Saints and shouting nonsense.

I sit at the Ormond end of the east stand and there were defo a couple of guys giving it Boos behind me. Not full force but they were not happy at the performance.I have to say , even though I disagree with them about needing to boo, they pay their money and everyone is entitled to their own opinion..I honestly believe that had Rusty not come up with the winner, there would have been a lot morre discontent at the end. Onwards and upwards though... Bring on Clydebank.

I sit in the East Stand, three or four rows from the back,yellow seats in line with the D. I cannae mind the exact quote but it was something along the lines of, "This is terrible Saints" and the boos came from the same area (North East corner of East Stand).
I have to add that I sit not far from there and I didnt pick up on any of this. Recent weeks on this forum have mentioned the Boos aimed at the ref and this week there was a few that waited until the players were well in the tunnel.

We were pretty dire though, I went for a pee at halftime and the slagging was quite intense for a team that is in our position. This mentally of this is something that we will never break but it is important we give the players 100% support......

I sit at the Ormond end of the east stand and there were defo a couple of guys giving it Boos behind me. Not full force but they were not happy at the performance.I have to say , even though I disagree with them about needing to boo, they pay their money and everyone is entitled to their own opinion..I honestly believe that had Rusty not come up with the winner, there would have been a lot morre discontent at the end. Onwards and upwards though... Bring on Clydebank.

Being Savo's butler i would have thought one should have been in the west stand ready to wash and iron his kit - provide his refreshments etc etc.

:idea:

Being Savo's butler i would have thought one should have been in the west stand ready to wash and iron his kit - provide his refreshments etc etc.

:idea:

I was only Savosbutler briefly. I needed a cover to infiltrate the ICT site. I am now unmasked.Have they banned me yet?? Suppose I'd better have a butchers...

At 4-4-2 I thought we looked comfortable but were finding it hard against two good centre backs. I thought Greacen was bulliable last season but he was much more ruthless today. Was really disappointed when McInnes went to 4-3-3, especially when he stuck Holmes out on the left, although it did create acres of space for Samuel that we didn’t exploit. When we changed the formation, I couldn’t see where a winner was going to come from and on that basis, Morton can probably feel aggrieved at not taking a point but I’m struggling to grasp how any Saints fan can think we deserved to lose that match.

Radford it may have looked like it was a 4-3-3 but from Docherty and McInness's actions and shouts at samuels tehy were deffo playing a 4-4-2.

Radford it may have looked like it was a 4-3-3 but from Docherty and McInness's actions and shouts at samuels tehy were deffo playing a 4-4-2.

Whatever it was, it didn't work. Whether, first team, reserve team or training, Sammy ain't the wide player that Del portrayed to the media.

Homer and Peaso did seem to take in turns to drift wide left. Did you hear any shouts from to Del or Doc encouraging them to do so, or do you feel they went there because there was space?

Very happy with the win. As some others have said on this thread, we better get used to more games like this at McDiarmid between now and the end of the season. At the start of the season when we were getting turned over and looking vulnerable in defence other teams were willing to have a go at us, which in turn left gaps for us to exploit, however now that we are 12 games unbeaten and top of the league opposing managers are obviously becoming more cautious when playing against us, especially at McDiarmid, which leads to the games being sligthly boring/frustrating for us fans.

Thought Jody was excellent, as was the Caff and Ruti. The players would have been thankful for the win bonuses as they had there Christmas night out in "happening"(!) Aberdeen last night!

Whatever it was, it didn't work. Whether, first team, reserve team or training, Sammy ain't the wide player that Del portrayed to the media.

Homer and Peaso did seem to take in turns to drift wide left. Did you hear any shouts from to Del or Doc encouraging them to do so, or do you feel they went there because there was space?

Never heard that close just saw the signs to Samuels. It's strange that you say taht about Samuels if memory serves me right most of the time samuels played on the wing at Dundee United.

If as I suspect we were playing 2 up you would expect one of them to drag out wide at time would you not?

Never heard that close just saw the signs to Samuels. It's strange that you say taht about Samuels if memory serves me right most of the time samuels played on the wing at Dundee United.

If as I suspect we were playing 2 up you would expect one of them to drag out wide at time would you not?

Yeah, but he wasn't that productive at United.

I have no problem with strikers pulling wide but felt that one of them was almost stranded there on a permanant basis.

I missed the game on European travels, however nothing makes a Saturday more enjoyable than 3 points in the bag. I couldnt care less on performance or reports, I havent read anything about the game except Rusty (88) from the bbc football websit :) one goal better than last week and 2 consecutive shutouts :D

Brilliant result!

If this game had finished 0-0 it would have been keyboard carnage on here.

I'm not sure what the problem is either. I thought the lineup looked ok, no real surprises. I'm not convinced the two strikers can forge a partnership but we should have had enough in our locker. I think we are really struggling to break down opposition at home due to teams playing a 5 man midfield against our 4. The only way around this is to go wide and we really struggled on both sides because Miller was very poor and Sheerin and Hardie didn't seem to know which one was meant to be playing on the left. I think we missed Swankie.

I think this is going to be a familiar sight at home this season, as teams come to frustrate us. I expected more from Hardie, who was a liability and showed no effort at all. The rest of the team just didn't seem to click. The defence looked very good though.

I think we really need to get an early goal at home to force teams to come at us. If we don't, I can see many more games like this. It was a good result in the end considering.

I think in future if we are going to drop Homer we need to play Peaso instead. He can link with the other striker, just like Homer can. Savo and Samuel are 'the other striker' in my opinion.

I cannot believe someone said "This is terrible Saints" :evil:

An utter disgrace, they should never be allowed into McD again, what are football fan's turning into nowadays.

I called Sammy a lazy ****, so I assume that should be a lifetime ban?

101 Saint, there is nothing wrong in a bit of criticism of our own players. It's when it's continuous barracking of individual players or a total lack of positive input from a fan, when it should be frowned upon.

Thought Sammy played well on the wing, great to see a winger skinning the defence and he did that quite a bit and believe me, that surface was not conducive to that sort of play either!

Did anyone see Del nearly land on his @rse at the side of the pitch? I couldn't believe there were no jeers from the stands.